2006 SRX Turn-by-Turn Nav
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Professor Wizard
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX Turn-by-Turn Nav in Cadillac SRX Forums; I recently bought an SRX and it came with a 3 month On Star trial. I like the OnStar features ...
    WickedMCMLXXIX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

2006 SRX Turn-by-Turn Nav

I recently bought an SRX and it came with a 3 month On Star trial. I like the OnStar features but if I can't take advantage of the turn by turn directions sent to Nav unit, I don't think I'll subscribe. Does anyone know why they aren't able to send directions to the navigation unit? As it is now all I can do is record them as they read the directions to me. Then just play back. If there is a fix that anyone knows of please let me know. Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: 2006 SRX Turn-by-Turn Nav

That was then, this is now...

The OnStar technology installed in our generation SRX's is about 2 generations behind in technology to the current version of OnStar Systesms. the NEW SRX is able to receive data blocks from OnStar downloaded directly into the Nav Unit. But ours is not.

No - - the communication buss in our SRX's can not handle an upgrade to the latest Onstar - and neither can our current Nav Unit.

We will also never be able to unlock our doors with an IPhone OnStar App - - but you can call OnStar and they can open your doors.

Now, if you are getting the "Connections and Directions" plan... Onstar will "Talk" you though with driving instructions in-sync, while you drive.

In my personal opinion :: The cost of the plan is ridiculous, for what you get! So I do not have it - in fact I dont' have OnStar turned on at all.

Get a Garmin Nuvi - - it does what you want to do.
    PJ1520 and PJ1520 like this.

WickedMCMLXXIX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Thank you. I am now sure that I will not be subscribing to OnStar. Thanks for the info.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    That was then, this is now...

The OnStar technology installed in our generation SRX's is about 2 generations behind in technology to the current version of OnStar Systesms. the NEW SRX is able to receive data blocks from OnStar downloaded directly into the Nav Unit. But ours is not.

No - - the communication buss in our SRX's can not handle an upgrade to the latest Onstar - and neither can our current Nav Unit.

We will also never be able to unlock our doors with an IPhone OnStar App - - but you can call OnStar and they can open your doors.

Now, if you are getting the "Connections and Directions" plan... Onstar will "Talk" you though with driving instructions in-sync, while you drive.

In my personal opinion :: The cost of the plan is ridiculous, for what you get! So I do not have it - in fact I dont' have OnStar turned on at all.

Get a Garmin Nuvi - - it does what you want to do.
    AMEN to that!

PJ

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Just wanted to chime in to tell you all I appreciated reading the straight-forward feedback.

WickedMCMLXXIX, I'm really sorry to hear that but wanted to let you know I'm always available if you do have lingering questions. Email me anytime (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) if you do not have access to private messaging on this site.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.