GM Timing Chain Letter - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, GM Timing Chain Letter in Cadillac SRX Forums; I wonder if they will extend it to the people with 2006 models which also have the problem, or do ...
    dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Re: GM Timing Chain Letter

I wonder if they will extend it to the people with 2006 models which also have the problem, or do they consider them too old to worry about??? Katie???

buzz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 2008, SRX 2008

Katie:

As I mentioned in my message, we have two 2008 Cadillacs; SRX & STS. My wife & I were concerned about the timing chain when we recently purchased the 2008 SRX after trading the 2006. The 2006 had the chain replaced at @ 100,000 miles.

If I provide you the VINs for both vehicles, would you let me know if we do have coverage, and if we should be concerned. As I mentioned, the STS does have a minor clicking noise noticable at idle.

Thanks,
    Vern

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi again, dctex99! I already answered your PM on the subject, but I wanted to update the thread, too, so apologies for rehashing what we already discussed.

While I unfortunately have no information to share regarding the possibility of future policy changes, I can always research your particular vehicle further to check to see if a recall/coverage applies to your Cadillac. All I'd need from you is the last eight of your VIN in order to research, and I'm available via PM or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com).

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

EDIT: I see you posted while I was composing this message, dctex! Yes, please do feel free to send me those VINs and I can look into it further for you.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    Got letter today from Cadillac 2008 SRX 3.6. I had the timing chains replaced at 43,000 2 yrs ago(warranty). Letter states that my warranty is extended for 10 years from the repair or 120,000 miles. Also if you had the chains replaced out of warranty they will reimburse you. I am pleased the GM is standing behind their products. Traded 08 in last April 2011 for a 2010 SRX don't know why I got the letter?
    not 10 years from the repair ... 10 years from the original in service date - which means the day the car was sold and the owner took delivery
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

The Wrench is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX V6

Hooray! I just got the extended warranty letter for my '08.
    I had originally heard that only the '07s were being warranted.
    I had received the "reprogramming" letter #10287 a few months back, and had that done.
    But this letter is a 10-year or 120k mile (whichever comes first) warranty on premature timing chain wear.
    It is also retroactive, and would reimburse me fully if I had already had the work performed.

There is no TSB or "Program number" that I can find on the letter, but the reimbursement form has the form number 11340 on it.

Cadillac stepped up! I am impressed.
    Write me up as a longtime GM guy who was just about ready to look elsewhere next time; now I'll look at GM first & foremost when I get ready to buy again.

Good Job GM,
    Wrench

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Cadillac Customer Service reps,

Is there anyway to verify who will be getting the 10 year, 120000 miles warranty on premature timing chain wear letter from GM? I am hearing that 2004-2008 models and possible even 2009 owners are getting them. Does this apply world wide?

Thanks

Stillrollin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD V-6

Quote Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post

Is there anyway to verify who will be getting the 10 year, 120000 miles warranty on premature timing chain wear letter from GM? I am hearing that 2004-2008 models and possible even 2009 owners are getting them. Does this apply world wide?

Thanks
    I'm wondering if buyers of used vehicles will receive this letter, as well. I bought my '08 in March of last year with 20,000 miles on it and have continued the On Star program. Surely this would be enough to deem me a viable GM customer, but if not, then perhaps it's time to become some other auto producer's patsy.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

how would GM know who to send the letter to in the case of a used vehicle sale?

for future reference even if you don't get the letter you will be covered if your car falls under the coverage

just call any GM dealer and have them check - they will need the VIN
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

GGMiv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wrench
    Hooray! I just got the extended warranty letter for my '08.
    I had originally heard that only the '07s were being warranted.
    I had received the "reprogramming" letter #10287 a few months back, and had that done.
    But this letter is a 10-year or 120k mile (whichever comes first) warranty on premature timing chain wear.
    It is also retroactive, and would reimburse me fully if I had already had the work performed.

There is no TSB or "Program number" that I can find on the letter, but the reimbursement form has the form number 11340 on it.

Cadillac stepped up! I am impressed.
    Write me up as a longtime GM guy who was just about ready to look elsewhere next time; now I'll look at GM first & foremost when I get ready to buy again.

Good Job GM,
    Wrench
    We just received our letter yesterday for our 2008. It began "Recently, you took your vehicle to your dealer to have Customer Satisfaction Program 10287 performed." So maybe people who had it performed are getting the letter first?

GGM

Ranger007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX 3.6

Received ours yesterday

Bill

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I have a 2009... Chain was replaced at 26k miles... I wonder if this letter applies to cars that already had the chain replaced.

GGMiv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard
    I have a 2009... Chain was replaced at 26k miles... I wonder if this letter applies to cars that already had the chain replaced.
    The letter came with a form to fill out if you had already had to have it repaired.

GGM

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

So where are all the GM haters at now?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 08SRX View Post

Thanks
    Hi 08SRX,

I'd be happy to double check for you! Feel free to send me a direct message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com) and I can research your specific Cadillac vehicle using the last eight of your VIN.

Unfortunately, my next day in the office isn't until this upcoming Tuesday, so if you'd like a speedier reply I would recommend contacting your dealer, as Rippy mentioned.

Have a great weekend,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

For those wondering about warranty coverage you might consider registering your Cadillac on the GM Owners' Center site: https://my.cadillac.com/web/portal/managemybrand?g=1
    This once was on yahoo groups but GM recently moved to another website. There's a section on warranty. My 07 shows 10 yr Special Coverage 11340. No details are given but it's clearly the timing chain coverage mentioned.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.