sooooooo upset!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, sooooooo upset! in Cadillac SRX Forums; just bought cadillac 2004 srx three weeks ago and screen telling me stability needs repair and then the gauge goes ...
    Vettersandhubby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac srx v8

sooooooo upset!

just bought cadillac 2004 srx three weeks ago and screen telling me stability needs repair and then the gauge goes up and down when under 25mph. scared because reading all the posts about the problems...got extended warranty which I just called and she was so matter of fact in stating that the wheel position sensor isn't covered. Then called garages here in Pittsburgh they said have to take to gm dealer but if all of this is happening to other people I've read the car won't store the codes. So I did what one person advised I pressed and held the TC button and turned that off after holding for 10 seconds. (but have to do this everytime you start the car) The car screen also reads service tire something..and it lets you click ok..just very very very upset. Please help bc ready to let it sit in driveway don't want to be that "one" who gets killed with the mini-me's in the car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elchapo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: sooooooo upset!

check the lemon laws of your state in nyc depeding on mileage you can have up too 90 days too return the car..the car has to be in safe working order for you too drive they should fix it..when i bought my car imediately i had the transfer case issue and i threatened them quick and got the job checked by another dealer just incase of any funny buisness

HenshinX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97,Eldorado,92 Seville,93 Seville,94 Fleetwood

Ugh....I just bought one yesterday so, I'll be paying a lot attention to this thread......good luck with it all....I hope you can talk to people who work on these cars and know which gremlins to chase after......

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

Im right in Pittsburgh
    I can replace it for you, done a few of them

aw thank you. unfortunately in penn, we have a harder time to get money back. FORTUNATELY though after talking with everyone here and reading the posts I saw that the dealership had changed out the tires..let me explain..the tires that were supposed to e on the back were on the front..duh!! I know, shouldve checked that first but was so scared ater reading all of the posts that I didn't think to look at the most obvious things first. So i took my car like alllll cars that I have had.(traded 2004 pt cruiser ltd for this car..miss that car... but air bag problems..chrome chipping tore up tires every year to pass insp had to get new tires, new tie rods control arm bushings..drama..) but my friends at Valvoline here in the burrrrrgh helped me out today. They are true life savers. They took the tires off and rotated back to orig positions..and redid the tprm..it may have the initials backwards..but they reset the tire monitor function on the screen in my car and no lights or anything has came up on the screen. Butttttt..ok well I am not a dummy except to check tires first..but I ordered the wheel position sensor $98 and $130 for labor not too shabby seeing as alot of other unfortunate folks like me have encountered alot of bills as well. will keep all posted ..so far after changing the wheels back no screen flashes saying service tires monitor..will see I thank all of those who have read.

----------

hey 1badcadsts thank you how nice are you!!! I am gng to chevy dealer close to my house. Gng to see if can do next week seeing as wanna see if the trick of tires works first..IF NOT WILL DEFFINATELY let u know.

Yea I've done it on a 98 STS 03 STS and 05 Xlr. Srx can't be any harder.

Hey One bad gng today to get sensor fixed. Just set up appt. Also gng to get the spark plugs checked juuuust in case! Have a great one..rainy but it's the burrrrrgh. Will miss Hines Ward!

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Holy your posts are hard to read, extra letters on some words and missing on others.

The tires being in the wrong place will only mess up the TPMS not the TC system so I think you will end up changing the the sensor at some point.

I am sorry. Yes I will be getting that checked today as well. May as well since will already be at the shop. Don't want to have to keep going back. Sorry again hope this one is easier to read

----------

I keep forgetting this isn't a text message. Again many apologies.

Yea spark plug swap not fun or cheap did my sisters 05 have to pull the intake. Can help with that too if needed. (much cheaper than any shop for sure)

thank you! Will let you know this afternoon. Been very helpful much appreciated!

----------

and a ps to onebad after getting warranty..SOMETHING BETTER BE IN THERE FOR SPARK PLUGS WILL CALL THEM BEFORE I GO! talk to you soon! Thank you again everyone.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

The plugs on the V8 are not so bad to do.

Spark plugs are maintainace item. No warranty covers that. V8 isn't bad but v6 isn't fun I think she has the v6.

SLCLK500 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V6 (& the two MBZ in my ID)

Changing plugs on a V-6 is not really a big deal. I bought a '06 with 99K miles. I hate to say this, but when you buy a used car, especially one that is 8+ years old, you have to expect that anything that is good today may not be good tomorrow (parts give out over miles or years).

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    Spark plugs are maintainace item. No warranty covers that. V8 isn't bad but v6 isn't fun I think she has the v6.
    Well at dealership I have a V8 awd. Tried to talk me into all these different things I didnt ask for. Told them no thank you. I have a friend hat owns a garage but he could only get the sensor if ordering online. Didnt want to wait...so after will go pay friend a visit and he can.check their work here. Will chat at you all after I get home. Thanks! Yay love to sit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.