sooooooo upset! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, sooooooo upset! in Cadillac SRX Forums; just give us a call i have one in stock phone number in my signature under my posts and in ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: sooooooo upset!

just give us a call
    i have one in stock

phone number in my signature under my posts and in our ad on the right ------------------>
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Vettersandhubby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac srx v8

funny I didn't even look at those

WO-MAN Down Threw out my back last night. All stemmed from doing radiator hose last week. So still gtn plugs changed this week. To all Autozone discontinued the delco plugs #41-986. Had to get from Napa. Will check in later this week. Vetters

alternate heat & cold ... get well soon
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I know you're gone for the day but Chris thank you Resting up because gotta get Cecelia (after grandmother who passed) back on the road..safely. Talk to you all soon Vetters

Re: sooooooo upset! uh oh!!!

Was resting my back and who comes through the door...MY DAD!!! Was upset because the car threw my back outta whack. Brought tool box in hand! So got sparkies replaced and he cleaned out the throttle body. Yes that thing stinnnnks after cleaning. As I was told by daddy dearest! Changed four of the spark plugs they got here kind of late so he's going to get the other four tomm morning. Does anyone know if after all changed how do I get the engine light reset> Coils are in very good shape. Fortunately! So right now he and hubby drove around the block instead of smoking neighbors out. Said no more idle. .....since on bed rest at least til Friday will just look at er through the window..(insert tear here) P.S. ONEBAD my dad said you all here are so very sweet..AND THAT THIS FORUM IS AWESOME..EVEN THOUGH MID LIFE CRISIS GOT HIM INTO A ACURA SPORTSCAR..HA! cHRIS will talk at you very soon!Vetters

the light will go off if you have fixed the problem

Ok chris daddy doing now..will let u know if light goes off. Thought had to reset something.

If you have a Tech2 scanner you can manually reset them but it should go off either immediately after the condition is fixed or after 3 ignition cycles with no fault

good luck

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

To clarify;;everytime you start your SRX the computer checks all these systems and if it sees a problem it either lights a light or flashes a code programmed to come up when a specific problem arises!! So if the problem is fixed, you should NOT see any lights or codes when you start it next. If it seems somehow confused, do as others have and shut it off,,,remove one post of the battery for 30 seconds, re-attach, and THAN start it over;;;basically "rebooting" the computer!!! Good Luck; hope your dad's work does the trick!!!

Well replaced all plugs but just got that may need to undo battery again. Daddy is gone..part of wva's finest had to go catch bad guys. But will see if mechanic will do because light was off but came back on after hubby drove five minutes to get my back meds. Will pray as usual that this time will be ok. Dad took tools and I dont have to take battery things off. Ugh living the dream!! ;-)

More than likely a coil on one of the coil packs is bad (and possibly has ruined the plug that it sits on top of)

the way the misfire codes work is that the light will stay on until the car is started three times without a misfire happening ... so the battery disconnection is a way around that when you don't have a scan tool available to clear the codes (or you can just start the car three or four times and see if the light goes off)

Chris hubby said dad said may be two...ugh what kind of price am I lookibg at..on top of the 263.00 sensor, the radiator hose, now this. Very upset!!

well hopefully the two coils are on the same coil pack ... that way you don't have to buy them both

i'll cross my fingers for you

and get well soon

Chris daddy called text him asking which..he said to hubby on the phone that the coil on the left side #1 coil is about to break had to "gingerly" put back in after he changed plugs all the way around. Also said on the right #2 is cracked. Um yeah probobly the problem!! Said didn't want to upset me and make back worse because of all the money this car is costing us. How much are two coils.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.