sooooooo upset! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, sooooooo upset! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ok Chris! Will do will let you know. ---------- thank you I didn't get to say that Always grateful!...
    Vettersandhubby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac srx v8

Re: sooooooo upset!

Ok Chris! Will do will let you know.

----------

thank you I didn't get to say that Always grateful!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

no problem ... i just hope you can get this in the past so you can truly enjoy your new ride
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Ok Chris got code..P0300 Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected..Went to Meineke because the place where I got steering wheel sensor fixed couldn't get me until tomm at ten, and wanted to charge me $80!! Meineke got the coupon online for a free checkup and I walked in the shop to find my old mechanic from another parts place..won't name names because not necess, but he said not to worry about coupon. Ran tests and said this was what it was reading. I sat in passengers side to make sure.. said could be coils, could be spark plugs. Doesnt know until I drop off tomm. But I wanted to see what you think. Said was ok to get daughter from school won't harm any worse. She's five blocks away from driveway, raining or would walk!! Me, well tomm having to drop off car, drive hubby the 30min to work, 30min back, and figure out how to pick up car after. But biggest thing is he said nothing covered under the crap warranty I got at dealership. Very upset just started crying in car on the way home.

----------

question: found in forum could this be the problem?
    I finally solved the problem with the rough idle at cold start. I installed oem plugs and wires a couple of days ago. After installing the parts, I checked one of the intake manifold bolts. To my suprise, it was loose! In fact, all of my intake manifold bolts were loose! I probably wasted money on the plugs/wires because they were fine , except one plug was missing the platinum pad and the gap was off. THE CAR RUNS FINE NOW. I connected the Tech 2 to the car and 0 misfires were detected. So...if anyone has a rough idle @ cold start or the PO 300 code, check the intake manifold bolts.

Their scanner just gave you a generic code the specific misfire cylinder would have been either P0301-P0306 with that last digit telling you which coil/cyinder was misfiring

usually only the most expensive scanners (and the dealer scanner - called a Tech2) will give those full specific codes

you can often figure it out once you start the job and take out all the spark plugs ... the one with the misfire won't look like the others

there's a couple different ways people approach this job (and others like it)

you can just fix the one problem or you can also do some preventative work while you've got it all disassembled

if you're anywhere near 100,000 miles you should replace all the spark plugs
    (if you're not near 100k then maybe you only want to replace the one that's misfiring or maybe you want to replace them all anyway)
    some people will replace all six coils and some will wait for the next one to fail and just replace the one that's failing

the airbag message should have given another code, but since we know they were using a cheap code scanner it probably couldn't pull up any of the 'body' codes
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ok sounds good. I would love to do this myself. Or have my usual guy do. 1) how to get to spark plugs 2) where and what kind to get? I am at 94100K

regarding your edit and the other member's p0300 fix:

it made me re-think my post

you have a v8 - for some reason i was thinking you had a v6 - so disregard pretty much all of the above post about the coils (plugs info still relevant)

and there have been instances where SRX and STS owners with the northstar have seen loose intake bolts but that will also usually set lean codes P0171 and P0174 (i think those are the codes - i'm going from memory)

anyway - i guess it's possible to also cause a misfire due to an intake leak but it's more than likely coils/plugs

so your northstar engine has two banks of coils (with four coils on each bank) that are often called a coil pack
    these coil packs are the only way to get the coils and it makes them more expensive to replace (so they are not usually replaced unless needed)
    the spark plugs should probably be all replaced but again that's up to you (unless you're at, near, or over 100k and they haven't already been replaced)

I just called meineke back they want to start off at $160!! Just to change and said if they have to dig deep, or remove things to get to will be more! Ugh please help or if anyone has pictures of a srx 04 awd n* spark plug change and procedures much appreciated.

----------

Chris still don't know which can I get from auto parts place or like everything else have to order?

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4

N* plug removal is pretty easy bring it by my place with a new set of DELCO plugs and Ill put them in for you...

where are you? I have been balling all day. So upset..well I've already said that huh? Will do just need address if need obrien212@gmail.com

----------

just called auto parts store had to order 4 delcos and they will be in tomm morning. Please let me know address when you can scared to drive. thank you in advance many blessings. V

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Vetters... This sounds like a problem that potentially, your extended warranty should cover...

Unless you have one of those warranty that only covers things that do not break! (Unfortunately, there are such extended warranties out there!)

yes it is crap Wiz. Had Meineke look at the warranty and they said they're fighting with them on one of their own fleet to get it fixed. Such is life

----------

going to take to my reg mechanic this evening and get throttle body cleaned out. I don't have the tools. And tomm need to get sparkies done. Just trying not to get discouraged.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Shot you an email.

Rippy. Can you confirm. Do the rwd n*s use the same coil pack as the fwd? Ie is the same coil used on a 03 dhs and 04 srx? If so vetter I have spare coils to test with.

Shot em back! Thank you very much. I know not all users can always help. But you guys get a thumbs up from me anytime! Making srx safe priceless!

----------

also I am awd n* V8..I know "really Vette! couldn't make this simple huh?"

----------

when u get a chance ONEBAD asked question on bottom of page -it's about coil pack differiantials

No, the RWD N* has a similar but different coil pack

both banks are the same part number

$346.66 - list price
    $216.66 - forum price

will fit RWD N* applications in 2005-2006 (STS, SRX) and 2004-2006 XLR

----------

also, vetters - you will want to change that coil pack when you change the plugs (it has to come off to put the plugs on)

putting good plugs under a bad coil might/will ruin the new plug that's misfiring

ok. Thank you Chris..see money all the way around. but I will get them through you I will let you know by fri what day etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.