sooooooo upset! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, sooooooo upset! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I kind of cheated..well not really the nozzle of the engine part was tricky because the hose was a bit ...
    Vettersandhubby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cadillac srx v8

Re: sooooooo upset!

I kind of cheated..well not really the nozzle of the engine part was tricky because the hose was a bit worn. I slipped the new one on with the help of less than a drop of the fluid that was on from old hose. No cause to worry didnt drip into engine parts was just still slippery is all. I just got back from my mechanic..asked did I need a job because he hasn't heard of women wanting to take on the challenge. Yes my back is killing me but no cost for labor PRICELESS! P.S. my car sat in driveway all weekend so I didn't have to let anything cool off in order to get started. She is purring like she should now. I thank all of the guys here on this forum, you all gave me the courage to do this myself! Many thanks 08srx thank you great job and a atta girl from the hubby too.

SLCLK500 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX V6 (& the two MBZ in my ID)

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    Its been only 6 years where I live since 2006! I guess my 1997 Ford Van is a virtual hazard on the road as it has had NONE of the hundreds of problems that SRXs seem to have; just basic maintenance! Even the battery lasted 10 years....how does FORD do it????,,,,,lol
    RD
    Note dctex99- I agree that it has been 6 years since 2006, but my reply was to vettersandhubby who had bought a 2004. 2012 - 2004 = 8 - the reason I put in 8+ is if the car was made before March of 2004 (and I think they begin manufacturing 2004 in August or September of 2003) - thus the "+".

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Congratulations Vetters, on a job well done.. and by yourself no less!

In my mine, there is absolutely no reason anyone should not be able to replace their own radiator hose. BUT: there are many who are not willing to give it a try.

Next thing you know - we will be reading about you installing your own high lift racing cam and roller lifters!

OH PLEASE NO!! Me doing the radiator was enough!! Now cutting and installing santose mahogany floors throughout house, cutting granite, redoing pretty much all of our house since day one of purchase while preggers, installing hubbies new bathroom..easy peasy! Cars scare me to death! But thanks to you guys it wasn't so bad..not saying I wanna do it again, just glad I know how. Have a great one now time to wax her since nice out!

Hi guys Keep an eye on your air filter. Had to go to a auto aprts store because the oil place I use doesn't stock. As usual they're cool people told me to go get it ...and they changed out for free. Of course I brought them all lunch. Mini me and I like doing stuff like that. Usually we tip $20 but they I am sure don't split that so they like the food better since food places aren't too close. It was a very odd shaped thing tho..looks like a discus from the Olympics! Was only $20. And the cost for changing for me and them being careful of the $175 radiator hose...PRICELESS. I would have done but my kiddies wanted to see the guys. They also tapped off all fluids. VALVOLINE ON 65 in Pitts
    sburgh Pa is grrrreat! PS the air filter was filthy! Good thing looked at today. Said could've been a problem if I didn't. Once again love this website!!!

Hey Chris it's Vetters favor how much to order a timing chain for srx 04 N* v8? Got quote for 276.00 is this for one or do I need to replace both? Chack engine light now on, and wasn't gas cap. Also the air bag is coming up on the DIC. Ugh told you I'd talk to you soon and keep you in mind. Ugh!!!!

----------

stepped on gas yesterday and right after going up hill the check engine light came on. Going to get diagnostics done..hubby upset as I am as well, but also going to see if battery may be the culprit. Meaning that the DIC said battery 46%. Does this mean this is all I have left or does this mean that's how much I have left? Hope not stupid question.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    What codes are you gettin why do you think it's timing chain. Those almost never go on n*s. want me to check it out?

onebad, I am sorry I left offline. I was sooooo..well you know see the header for all of my posts. Anyway I searched the code friend at oil place gave me off his machine was a uo100. But already checked that meant machine wasnt reading well. So when I tried to pull it off the racks where they change the oil..the car started but wouldnt drive off the rack. So I read in the posts here before to cut off and restart, I did that. It went backwards after I put it in reverse, but than put in drive, nothing. Turned off again then tried again and was fine. They all agreed they havenever seen this before. Neither have I. I don't know anymore. Just very discouraged. So far in three weeks, the sensor for steering went, the air bag light now on, then almost rolled onto a very busy intersection, the service tire still on DIC, changed the radiator hose, and now scared to go drive to get diagnosed because don't want to go into traffic with kids in car and car fails. IF ONEBAD, CONE-MAN AND ANY OF MY USUAL FRIENDS CAN HELP PLEASE DO, EVEN IF I DON'T KNOW YOU AND HEARD OF SAME PROBLEMS GIVE ME AN OPINION other than getting another car. I love this car just wish I knew how to fix her.

----------

P.S. not the battery already had that checked on first. Just for forum sake and not the gas cap. Replaced new one. Light still on dash.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Sounds trans related not motor. Where in pgh are you?

Bellevue

----------

also read that could have happened because when tried to start car was at odd position. Don't know..

----------

In am going to get diagnostics we'll see from there what they say..was going to get the webmd thingy to compare what they say to machine but takes two days to get. Would likeanswer sooner because don't want to put family in car or damage any worse if there is tranny problem. Valvoline said couldn't just tap off because of way designed would have to do complete flush. $129.00 more on top of all of the other things already paid for!! GEESH!

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

It could be a low battery situation. The security system starts shutting down services when battery levels are too low. This can manifest itself in many different ways (e.g. power windows not working). Your first and cheapest check is to see how old the battery is. If more than 5 years, you are likely due for a replacement. Otherwise, you could be looking at a transmission-related issue. I say "related" because again it could be as simple as a shift linkage or the brake interlock not working correctly. You did not mention whether giving it more gas will make it move forward, in which case, the transmission fluid should be replaced.

no battery checked while was on the rack at oil station. Said Good gave me reciept.
    No didn't move after rev'd engine. But went backwards when I put in rev. Then shut off..restatred..tried fwd twice. Nothing. Third time went R first then D and was fine. That's what threw everyone off. Drove home fine, nothing showing up on DIC which it should if a tiny tire should just needing air! You'd think! Well I am going to go start it now and see the air bags thingy, which just went away on it's own on the drive from oil shop to home, but it will be back seems like my luck so far. But the darn CHECK ENGINE will not go off! Something triggering because as soon as I stepped on the pedal to go up a big hill close to my house..been on ever since. MOCKING ME! (it needed to be said)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

sounds like you might need to bite the bullet and get a diagnostic done at a dealer

that check engine light could be anything from a $20 repair to a $2000 repair

the issue with the transmission sounds very weird and could possibly be a shifter control but again i'd let a dealer diagnose it

also, don't do any 'flush' on your transmission

when it's time just do a drain and refill
    (and maybe that time is now - normal maintenance is 100k... severe service is 50k)

good luck
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

HI RIPPY! good morning! Well started car. it went just like normal. engine light still on..and the service air bags. But that wouldn't have anything to do with the engine light? Asking not telling. Shifter worked fine. Dunno. Drain and refill I say too because who knows when the last did maintainance..no already asked the dealer got from BIG DEALERSHIP here or at least he said he did. Hmmm..

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

really, any GM dealer will be able to do a proper diagnosis (but a Cadillac dealer would be best since they would have more experience with SRXs)

airbag message and the check engine light are possibly connected but probably not ... there's really no telling until you get a proper diagnosis

ask them to list all the current and history codes that are found in the vehicle's computer on your repair order
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.