Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rear window regulator replacement help.

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bjw184 
#1 ·
Hey everyone-

I'm looking for help/tips for replacing a rear window regulator on my 2008 Cadillac SRX. I had a passenger in my car who tried to roll down the window in NW Ohio when the temp was roughly 15 degrees. He successfully rolled it down, but rolling it back up was a different story. With a little elbow grease we got it back up. I waited until today where the temperature is above freezing to try to roll the window down but had no success. All there is now is a clicking sound coming from the door panel. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's a broken or bent regulator..?
Has anyone seen a PDF identifying the process of replacing a regulator? If so can you send me the link? Any suggestions or tips would help greatly.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Go here: http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/home.do

Login with srx1gen, password srx1gen

key in your car info, and select "service manual", and search for "window regulator"

This will product a list of selections...

Select "Front Side Door Window Regulator Replacement" for instructions to do so.

You might select "Power Windows Malfunction" and read beforehand.

You will also need to select "Window Regulator Motor Programming and Setup" for after you have installed the new regulator.

Good luck.

#6 ·
I did the rear regulator... it's rather straight forward once you remove the door panel.

there's a plastic film that you have to remove to gain access. it has a black glue around the edges... I used a credit card to pull it away and it reinstalled easily.

my best tip is buy 1 or 2 of those glass suction cups at the auto store. then instead of removing the window, I just had the cups at bottom of window to hold glass in place while I replaced the regulator. It's really just a few screws and fairly easy to figure out once the door panel is removed.

if you pm me your email, I might be able to send you some instructions.

#7 ·
I put mine in last night. Passenger side rear door. I have not had the car long, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. When I pulled the motor and regulator out, the cable was broke, no big deal. I replaced the entire unit with a AC Delco one I bought off amazon for about $100. after I put it in the window would not roll down with the button on that door. I went to the drivers door where I was able to roll down each window from there. Im not sure if I have another relay out or what. If I go to any other window and push the roll down/up button I can hear engagement. So, it seems my car may need to relearn, I'm not sure. have any of y'all ran into this issues after replacing a regulator or motor. I read another thread about holding the button on the drivers door down for five seconds then up for five seconds. I will try that once the wife gets home. Thanks for any help. Also as far as repairing the regulator, I found a very helpful youtube video about replacing a regulator on a CTS. Its basically the same process. Video was from A1autos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.