2006 SRX Rear Air Shocks
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX Rear Air Shocks in Cadillac SRX Forums; $$$$$$$$ Well, these went bad on me, and I've found that they are VERY expensive to replace. I'd love to ...
    Jeff Wisconsin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX

2006 SRX Rear Air Shocks

$$$$$$$$ Well, these went bad on me, and I've found that they are VERY expensive to replace. I'd love to get them replaced with a cheaper pair, not the $800 each price that the garage has quoted me. This hurts.... can anyone offer an alternative that won't break my bank????

Thanks! Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nascarnation is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

Re: 2006 SRX Rear Air Shocks

I'm not familiar with these other than reading the website. Maybe some others can chime in.
    http://www.suncoreindustries.com/CAD...suspension.php

Also if you want to ditch the electronic suspension, these will fit, but you may have diag codes from the "missing" sensors:
    http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-540-52...ar=1&carId=001

lemmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

I have disconnected my front air shocks plugs and I have not received any diag code..
    I did it only for few minutes.....
    I doo not know if the diag codes appears after few miles.....
    I do not know how to disconnect the rear plug for further testings

joshbetz57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD

gmpartsdirect has replacement shocks for half the cost and you will not have to worry about any codes coming up after installation.
    JB

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I also sell parts at prices close to what GMPD sells theirs for (except I don't screw you on the shipping charges)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Not surprisingly I found a new issue with MY SRX (as some members now want me to say MY SRX and not...God forbid... SRX in general, due to so much negative input I have written on the now MY SRX) on the rear shock, the dotted line represents the opposite side of the rubber cover on the shock, it has a slit in as if someone used a knife to rip it mid section and the bottom of the cover is ripped, the slit looks like it was cut from inside the shock out, in other words the rip is facing out. Plan is to clean the rubber well enough to use some good contact glue and cover the rip with a thin rubber sheet, just to prevent any water or dust from getting in, I assume that's what the rubber cover is for. Will post a pic soon

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D

Way to revive a 5 month old thread just to complain....

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Look conehead it was not a complaint, I merely stated what was fact, what I will do for a fix and post a pic, this is not your forum and stop replying to my posts, this is your famous "off topic" so keep it that way. By the way are you not the one who complained because people were opening topics already posted? Stay off my back If you have a issue with me take it up with the moderator

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.