2004 SRX doing very odd things.... please help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2004 SRX doing very odd things.... please help! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Ok, so to start off, last week i noticed that my dome lights were flickering while in park. It was ...
    Hteb_snarf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx

2004 SRX doing very odd things.... please help!

Ok, so to start off, last week i noticed that my dome lights were flickering while in park. It was not a extremely noticeable flicker, but annoying. Just thought that maybe my battery was getting old or something. Then later this week it did it again.... not thinking much of it, i didnt think to look it up. (should have!) so tonight i went outside to lock my doors for the night, and i noticed that the locks went down very slowly. so i unlocked it, also went up slowly. So i thought my battery was dying and went to start my srx, but it would not start. Tried to start it again, and my key got stuck in the ignition. I unplugged the battery, left it for a few minutes, and pluged it back in. My key came out, but now it still wont start. And when i turn the key on it give me an engine light.
    Any thoughts? It is just getting cold now, could that have to do with anything? it will be about 25 degrees overnight. could it be a computer going bad? if so, is there a way to tell which one it is? battery problems? I looked at it and says it is from march of 2010. Alternator?
    Please help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

royan97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX - V8

Re: 2004 SRX doing very odd things.... please help!

Have you tried changing your battery? Last year also I notice my clock get's reset then after a week or so I have problems with starting (key got stuck also). But everything got solve when I change battery.

royan-
    I unplugged my battery for the night (in another post that was a suggestion with the key getting stuck). Hopefully i can get it started and take it to my dads where he has a code reader and battery charger. Thank you I will give it a try...

Pinhauler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 v6 SRX

I was having trouble with my battery ( 06 original 101 type ) . First started when I sat in the SRX listening to a football game for 1.5 hours . Had to start with my jump box . (Side note - a jump box is a life safer to have with you ! I can't count the number of friends , neighbors , family , and myself that have been rescued with it . ) Went to start it - nothing . Tried charging and it charged right up to 13v @ 100% but still just started . Was by my self so I drove to Walmart and left it running in the parking lot ( took the secound key so I could lock the door ) . Picked up the 78 n type $104. - $9.00 after I returned the core . Works fine now !

UPADATE: So i unlplugged the battery overnight, hoping to reset the computers or something (my dad recommened), everything is bright and quick (lights and door locks) but now when i try to start it, i get three clicks and nothing. Any ideas now?

prairieschooner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

sounds like a dead battery

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Time for a new battery.

As it gets weak, the car electronics begin misbehaving even though the engine runs. And now it is weak enough that the computers are preventing it from even attempting to start the car. If you had an alternator problem I would expect to see an error code.

royan97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX - V8

Do you have a jump start cable? Ask your Dad to park his car in front of your car and do a jump start. If your engine starts then 100%, you need to buy a new battery.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

The conventional wisdom here in snow country is 4 Winters, and then start watching for these symptoms. I've gotten as many as 9 Winters on a battery, but I chalk that up as luck and the placement of the battery. It was in a 1998 Oldsmobile Aurora Autobahn with the 4.0L mini-Northstar V8. The battery was located under the rear seat and was "protected" somewhat from the elements, like the under the hood temperatures in the Summer.

My CPO 07 SRX's original battery was DOA when I took delivery on the car, and that was with only two Winters on it from date of manufacture. It had been sitting on a Caddy dealer's lot with just a few test drives.

PJ

Remember, there are a lot of "toys" that are tough on a battery. Short hops are murder on them, so if you do a lot of those, be aware that the battery may not have adequate time to fully recharge after you start the engine and then shut it off.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.