List of issues, no help from dealer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, List of issues, no help from dealer in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey forum, I'm not getting any help at all from the dealer on my 2004 SRX that's had issues since ...
    Drewstein is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

List of issues, no help from dealer

Hey forum, I'm not getting any help at all from the dealer on my 2004 SRX that's had issues since day one. It seems like they just strung me along until warranty was out and now want me to pay a fortune for shoddy build quality.

I just had the dealer check all issues and give me their list at the cost of $125.

First, the car was purchased brand new and is my third Cadillac, but may be my last. I also have a '07 C6 & '08 G8 to round out my GM stable.

The most frustrating issue is the random Reduced Power code that gets thrown and leaves me with zero power while pulling into traffic or onto the highway. This is very dangerous. The dealer says DC Start with throttle body $385 + further diag. That's a lot to not know the solution. They seem to think "replace it" instead of "fix it" is the best policy.

Then in Sport Mode under acceleration it displays Check Stability. Dealer advises 30 Estimate for diagnosis $125 after t/body replacement.

The right front mirror wont return to rear view after being in reverse. Dealer advises ETC Estimate for mirror $461. (Replace it I guess)

The car has always displayed TPM Warning, always. Dealer advises 46 Estimate for TPM Sensor $248.

The sunroof chatters when closing. Dealer advises ETC Estimate for guides $505.

Last, the CD player randomly doesn't work or ejects all 6 CDs. Dealer advises ITC Int Trim Concern. No price yet.

I'm at $1724 without the CD player fix. WTF?

I've looked through some threads, but I would really appreciate anyone who can help me find solutions without costing me an arm and a leg?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: List of issues, no help from dealer

You bought this vehicle new. If you have evidence from your saved prior service repair ticket tickets that delineate your stated issues, and their previous responses, where they took no required action under warranty or were unable to rectify the issues, or the same issues were repetitive and you had to keep bringing the vehicle back, you may have a solid case for them to repair these items under warranty even though the warranty has expired. Yes, they can still get approval to proceed, on Cadillac/GM's dime.

Personally, I would keep my own dealership accountable and not switch horses. And I would go up that chain of command first past the Service Manager if I got stonewalled. "You couldn't didn't fix it the first time around, or it didn't stay fixed. And all of a sudden you now can?"

I used to wait until my list of the dealership-needed warranty repairs accumulate to justify a trip in there. That sometimes does not work out so well. With the SRX, I took a different approach and stayed on top of "the complete list" until the vehicle came home with everything squared away, to my satisfaction. I went without my CPO SRX for a couple of weeks within a month of purchase.

PJ

Not all of the above issues were prior to warranty expiring. The TPMS always was and I will probably pursue that through them still. The reduced power and the rest of the current issues were noticed after warranty expired.

There were quite a few warranty issues when it was covered as well. Very unsettling having all these issues.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Drew, 6 or 8? You a do it yourselfer or need to hire someone?

BTW

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Drew, 6 or 8? You a do it yourselfer or need to hire someone?

BTW

And thanks for the welcome.

I'm a do-it-yourself guy for the most part. I was hoping to tackle the engine power issue myself along with the sunroof issue.

Not too sure about the radio issue or TPMS issue as I can't dismount a tire at home.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

OK, find the 'service manual' thread and access to it. That will save a lot of explaining. Now, the reduced power; remove the air duct at the throttle body, is there oil there? If so, replace PCV valve and get a clear plastic fuel filter of appropriate size, cut out a section of the PCV line where there is room for the filter and insert. That will trap some of the oil and give a visual indication of future problem.
    Then remove the throttle body and clean it and the MAF with a good carb cleaner. Dry very well before re-installing.
    Check Stability
    This is likely sensor related. Go through the schematics in the serv man and locate the connectors both at the sensors and the module involved, Undo the connectors, clean the terminals and apply a little dielectric grease before re-attaching. Same for the mirror, or just turn it off in the personalisation menu.
    There are a couple good threads about sunroof. Use the 'search this forum' tool. Try resetting the TPMs.
    The CD stuff may be voltage related and a cleaning of the connectors may help.
    There, that should keep you busy for awhile. I'll be gone for a few days, so I'll check back to see how you're doing.

Hell yeah, that's a hell of a to-do list. I'll get started this weekend!

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Drew..

1st.. welcome aboard.

2nd... you will find plenty of advice here... some of it great... some of it useless... most of it confusing!

As to your issues that existed prior to expiration of warranty - - without a doubt, make some phone calls, and write a letter or two. Make sure you have documentation in hand, that demonstrates work was done to those issues while the car was under warranty.

Speak 1st to the Service manager of the dealership - - part of his job is to help you, as a contact person, regarding issue cases exactly as yours... If you get no satisfaction, then move up to the Dealership Manager, then to the Owner of the dealership. - all the while, complaining to GM Customer Service.

By the way; that is a lot of money for repairs, but it is still considerably cheaper then replacing the entire car!

Good luck!

Oh - - FYI: you can access an online service manual (Until it is taken down or locked off) at http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/home.do ::::: User: srx1gen, Pass: srx1gen

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Drewstein,
    Welcome to the forum! Have you talked to a Cadillac Representative yet and gotten a case number? If you would like to send me your contact information (name, address, phone number and email address) along with you VIN number, mileage and the name of the dealership that you worked I will look further into this for you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.