Stolen Mirrors!!! 2nd Time
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Stolen Mirrors!!! 2nd Time in Cadillac SRX Forums; What's goin on?? This is the second time both of my mirrors have been stolen. Where can a guy get ...
    biggup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Angry Stolen Mirrors!!! 2nd Time

What's goin on?? This is the second time both of my mirrors have been stolen. Where can a guy get some guards for these mirrors so they can't steal them a third time? Please help..:mad

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stillrollin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD V-6

Re: Stolen Mirrors!!! 2nd Time

Get a high amp spare battery and wire them up. You will be able to figure out who's been doing it when you see somebody with their fingers burned off.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I'll bring over my Doberman to your place. We can drink beer while we hide close by and take bets how far the guy can run before justice is served.

BIGGUP: "PJ, how many pints of blood are there in the human body?"

PJ: "About 10-12, I think. Why do you ask?"

BIGGUP: "Now that we've taken care of the mirror issue, we need to clean up the red stains on the driveway. I thought the knucklehead would at least have had the decency to make it to the street before he went down."

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Odd...

How are they getting them off, where they are still usable on another car?

Are the taking the entire mirror - - as in, twisting the entiere thing off of the car?

Do you have any pissed-off girlfriends?

I remember a story of an exgirlfriend who caused $14,000 to her exboyfriends BMW 7 Series Convertable, by dumping oil based paint and draino all over the car, inside and out.

How long ago were your other mirrors taken, and did it happen in the same place?

biggup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

PW: Looks like they pop the mirrors out without any damage. Seems to be happening to everyone in the neighborhood...It happend right in from of where I live. The first time it happened was about 1 year ago... and now again.

Stillrollin: Wiring them up to a high amp battery sounds perfect...Im thinkin about hiding in the bushes with a bat and handling the business....: bomb:

Quote Originally Posted by biggup View Post
    PW: Looks like they pop the mirrors out without any damage. Seems to be happening to everyone in the neighborhood...It happend right in from of where I live. The first time it happened was about 1 year ago... and now again.

Stillrollin: Wiring them up to a high amp battery sounds perfect...Im thinkin about hiding in the bushes with a bat and handling the business....: bomb:
    My dog is easier, cleaner, and legal since the theft is occuring on your property. Trust me, the dog would hear the perpetrator before he could even reach your car, let alone get the mirrors off. Even in the dead of night, the dog hears EVERYTHING and alerts us.

PJ

I had some kids who were trying to break into my Audi on a regular basis... ... ... I purchased one of those "Motion Activiated Cameras" at Cabellas - 2 of them actually. Mounted them in in the bushes with a clear view of my car from different angles...

It took 2 days to catch them. I called the Police, gave them a copy of the video - - they called me about 3 days after that to tell me they caught the kids. The parents of the kids paid for the damage to my car (scratches on door, keyhole and rubber at the bottom of the window, damaged while they were trying to break in.)

I haven't seen the kids since.

They were not from our neighborhood, but they were friends of some kids that are.

Back during the Arab oil embargo in the early to mid 70s, when the prices of gas soared and the supplies dwindled severely, creating long lines at the gas pumps and fuel rationing (8 gallons per "fillup"), we had nothing like locking gas caps or locking fuel filler doors back then.

It was very common for the "night shift" of "Midnight Gasoline Enterprises" to go "shopping" with 5 gallon gas cans, getting their gas that way, and for free. I was in my early twenties and my folks had left me in charge, home alone, minding the store with the dogs.

I had refueled/topped off my father's car one night and went to bed, leaving the car in our driveway. The next morning a half tank was missing. I put two and two together. There was no gas on the ground from a leak. And I realized the dogs had been making racket at some ungodly hour, which I had ignored.

The next night the same thing happened. I looked out the second story windows when the dogs commenced their warning again. One guy was standing watch at the street while the other guy was siphoning gas into two 5 gallon cans in our driveway. *mod edited content*

*Mod addition*

Needless to say, additional action was taken to "put the fear of God" into said thieves.

BUT.......that was the end of the gasoline thefts at my place.

PJ

My aplogies to the Captain and to all who read my entire post. I did not mean to offend anyone or give them any dumb ideas to thwart theft of one's personal property. After all, when this event occured, I was only 23 at the time.

PJ

PJ.... no offense taken here - - I wish I had read the unedited version!

To digress, but... When I was a teen, and still lived at home. There was an apartment complex at the bottom of our street, and it had a few "less desirable" living in it with some unruly kids. Wednesday was trash day, and every put their cans on the curb. and the apartment kids thought it was funny to hit the plastic cans with their cars sending all flying through the air. - - - - - - - - - until one neighbor decided to fill his trashcan with landscape stones. That trash can they only sent about 2 feet. The police had no problems figuring out which car was doing the can smashing.

Biggup;

So, did you report to the police? The police can't or won't stop them, but they might get lucky some day and catch some kids in another neighborhood smashing mirrors and nail them with replacing yours.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.