I am so done with this 2005 SRX...... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I am so done with this 2005 SRX...... in Cadillac SRX Forums; tomm and Rippy......... don't forget. tomm had a previous misfire and replaced 2 of the coils on the offending cylinders, ...
    PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: I am so done with this 2005 SRX......

tomm and Rippy.........don't forget. tomm had a previous misfire and replaced 2 of the coils on the offending cylinders, not all 6. Post #3 and #6.

PJ

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah, i was thinking maybe fouled plugs on those same cylinders (or maybe a cracked one)

if you do have that live reading software i would try that first before jumping into replacing plugs

if the light is flashing there's a code being set so you should be able to see it that way for sure
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

wrupert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX N* AWD, 2009 SRX N* AWD, 1986 Buick Grand National

Hey Rippy, you might have a suguestion. Coming to Charlotte next week for my wifes best friends wedding we are in, and I really do not like mountains "heights and drop offs". I took 77 a few years back and said I would never to that again, West Virginia and coming out of Virgina was not pleasant for me. I was thinking 75 to 40 and coming across 74. How is that route? Have traveled to Florida many times and took 75 all the way to Fort Myers, only a couple little streches I did not like there, but NOTHING like 77.

i'm not really that familiar with the 'west of charlotte' area but that sounds (and looks from the maps) to be a fine route

if you wanted to stay on interstates you could stay on 26 south/east a bit longer into south carolina then come back east/north on I-85
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Finally caught the code using the live software. P0305

I have already replaced coils 1 & 3 and now it looks like coil or spark-plug on 5?

A code P0305 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:
    • Faulty sparkplug or wire
    • Faulty coil (pack)
    • Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
    • Faulty fuel injector
    • Burned exhaust valve
    • Faulty catalyticconverter(s)
    • Running out of fuel
    • Poor compression
    • Defective computer
    I guess I can start from the top and work my way down.. Change Coil & Plug first on 5 and replace the spark plugs on 1 & 2.

What are the odds that so many coils would go bad all on the same side of the engine? I always felt it was fuel related and fuel injector is also on the list. Couldn't the fuel cause misfires on all cylinders?

we've seen a bunch of these engines with one or two coils bad... three bad is not common and especially not on the same head

i would think something common to all three might cause this, but i'm not really sure what ... could there be a problem with the head or something?

but you've got the right idea for now... change coil and plug on 5 and the other two plugs you didn't change before (you had a typo i think and typed 2 instead of three at the end of your last post... you had 3 at the top of the post)

anyway start with that and go from there... if they go bad again in the near future you've got something else to look for

i would think that the most likely outcome is that just the coil went bad and you'll be fine after changing it and the three plugs

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

tomm,

Has your concern been resolved? Please feel free to keep us posted on your progress and feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, Cadillac Customer Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    tomm,

Has your concern been resolved? Please feel free to keep us posted on your progress and feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, Cadillac Customer Service.
    Thanks for your concern. I am replacing coil # 5 tomorrow and changing all 6 plugs with genuine AC Delco parts. If this does not solve the problem with the studdering I am just going to trade it in and get a different vehicle. Whats funny is that this car is causing me so much grief while my STS has been trouble free for 4 years and has never had a problem. If the new SRX had 3rd row I would consider staying with Cadillac but it does not and with 3 kids and the occasional mother in-law I need the seating.

Spark Plugs definately were not in the best condition... Some worse than the others. Going on a 100 mile trip later this evening and will report back in the plugs and changed coil make a difference.

No misfires and no blinking engine light in 4 days now.. So far so good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.