2006 SRX problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am an owner of a 2006 SRX that seems to continue to have one issue after another. Are there ...
    eghough is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX

2006 SRX problems

I am an owner of a 2006 SRX that seems to continue to have one issue after another. Are there others out there experiencing a problem with losing power and ticking noises. Have been told it is the drive chain. Checking to see if others are having the same problem. Car has approx 97,000.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

Re: 2006 SRX problems

Quote Originally Posted by eghough View Post
    I am an owner of a 2006 SRX that seems to continue to have one issue after another. Are there others out there experiencing a problem with losing power and ticking noises. Have been told it is the drive chain. Checking to see if others are having the same problem. Car has approx 97,000.
    Do you get any codes?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

@eghough, I have read your post about your situation with your 2006 SRX. Have you had this taken care of yet? If you have not, please provide me with your VIN so that I can research your warranty information.

Michelle, Cadillac Customer Service

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Check your oil, it may be low or out.

jcobz28 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Welcome to the club. Oil consumption and stretched timing chains. Sound familiar anyone?

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Oil and chains - -- are we talking about Harleys?

lemonsrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 srx

We purchased a Cadillac SRX brand new. Thinking we were purchasing a well built luxury American car. What a lemon! Nothing but problems!! The front end squeaks horribly sounding like a piece junk rather than a luxury car. The traction control system kicks on at times without warning causing it to be hard to control. The timing chains now need to be replaced. Obviously this a known problem and should be recalled. A friend has a 2011 cts and just had the timing chains replaced, showing that gm has not fixed this defect! What a shame that the name Cadillac once meant luxury to me, now it means lemon. No wonder Americans are buying foreign cars! I will certainly not buy another gm product.

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

The timing chain issue is mostly related to owners running their engine oil low or dry. Having said that the chains on all cars have a lifetime.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

lemonsrx, I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing this! Please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to investigate on your behalf; I'm available anytime via private message or email (Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com). If you send me your full name and VIN, I'm always happy to research specifics on your vehicle.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

desmar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx4
    I agree with you 100% gm builds carp, but atleast you know that crap is going to be crap. But the "standard of the world" not may be in disappointments and making dealers money. I have a 07 crapillac srx with 120thousand kms

enigma869 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V8, AWD

Quote Originally Posted by lemonsrx View Post
    We purchased a Cadillac SRX brand new. Thinking we were purchasing a well built luxury American car. What a lemon! Nothing but problems!! The front end squeaks horribly sounding like a piece junk rather than a luxury car. The traction control system kicks on at times without warning causing it to be hard to control. The timing chains now need to be replaced. Obviously this a known problem and should be recalled. A friend has a 2011 cts and just had the timing chains replaced, showing that gm has not fixed this defect! What a shame that the name Cadillac once meant luxury to me, now it means lemon. No wonder Americans are buying foreign cars! I will certainly not buy another gm product.
    I have felt this way for a very long time about GM. I've owned several GM vehicles over the course of my life and they have all been complete junk. For me, it's not really an American versus foreign auto maker. I've owned several Ford vehicles and never had any issues, beyond standard maintenance. I bought my wife an SRX, because she thinks Cadillac = Lexus (If only Cadillac were even half the quality of Lexus), and I've been VERY disappointed that GM's quality control really hasn't improved over the years. I have so little confidence in GM that I just spent $2500.00 for an extended warranty through Ford to cover the SRX for 5 years and 60K miles. I'm not sure what the mileage is on your SRX, but if you're eligible for an extended warranty, you should look into it. There is a VERY good chance that owning a GM product means that the warranty will pay for itself.

John

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Definitely an extended warranty if you keep past 50,000 miles....you will have problems from the ridiculously heavy "sunroof" to burning oil like crazy!!!!!!!

08SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Pkg

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    Definitely an extended warranty if you keep past 50,000 miles....you will have problems from the ridiculously heavy "sunroof" to burning oil like crazy!!!!!!!
    The odds are the this will in fact NOT happen. Most owners do not report any issues with the Ultraview and oil burning does not appear to affect all vehicles. In fact, from what I know it is definitely a minority. Cadillac SRX is a highly enjoyable, quality-made vehicle.

cougarav8r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Wow. Gm customer service. Awesome reps for coming on here to help out.

makes me glad I have a GM product.
    TimRSRX777 and TimRSRX777 like this.

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

It is a necessity with all the inherent problems with these cars! Don't need CS monitors on the Lexus forum!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.