2006 SRX problems - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by QUIQUE1978 Hi,I am new to this forum and I would like to know if my timing chains ...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by QUIQUE1978
    Hi,I am new to this forum and I would like to know if my timing chains are under a some kind of warranty.I talked to a dealer here in Houston,TX. and he told me that I just missed it,it only covers it up to 120,000 miles or 10 years. I have a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD,my VIN#1GYEE637260200948;is there any chance that you check if I am under warranty or not?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you.
    Only 07-08

Your sol.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post

Only 07-08

Your sol.
    Curious why was it only for those years when the 3.6 had issues before that? Not all but quite a few. Also as far as the olm reprogramming is that something the owner has to pay for or is that a recall?

Ask GM.

They deny the problem exists.

SFVetteman is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Re: 2006 SRX problems

Actually, the latter part of the '06 production run is covered and I believe '09 is covered as well... Cadillac says my '09 is. The reason why is that GM did a running change on the timing chain used starting mid year or so. So engines manufactured with the early chain have the original warranty and those manufactured with the "new improved" chain have the extended warranty.

Bill

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

So is the earlier chain any better than the "new improved" chain? If GM wanted to garner good public relations with SRX owners they would cover all 1st Gen v6 equipped SRX's. Since, our 2005 with less than 100k on it would then also be covered. I think this slip-ass warranty is an excellent example of why even though GM is finally producing comparable products their rep is still lagging far behind that of the traditional Japanese and European cars.

Ask GM.

They deny the problem exists.
    I've asked 3 gm dealers and none of them heard or know how to do it when when I provided the tsb.

Again

Per GM it doesn't exist. Just like n*s pulling head bolt threads.

Again

Per GM it doesn't exist. Just like n*s pulling head bolt threads.
    Oh yeah the earlier northstars never had that issue they were great until they overheated blown head gasket equals a new engine

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by QUIQUE1978 View Post
    Hi,I am new to this forum and I would like to know if my timing chains are under a some kind of warranty.I talked to a dealer here in Houston,TX. and he told me that I just missed it,it only covers it up to 120,000 miles or 10 years. I have a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD,my VIN#1GYEE637260200948;is there any chance that you check if I am under warranty or not?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you.
    Hello QUIQUE1978,

Welcome to the forum! I apologize if you are experiencing timing chain issues. I see you have provided your VIN; what's your current mileage? Please private message me on this forum so we can further discuss your concerns, or Email me at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN LAURA" in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

c5doc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I'm About to buy a 2006 crx, during test drive we discovered a howling noise when accelerating and decelerating at 60 mph. Any one have any thoughts;
    is noise serious, should I purchase the car?
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Please update your profile.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Not until the seller fixes what is causing the noise.
    Bobanna likes this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

danny mac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

what about hard steering at low rpm

HER_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

I've had mine done twice. Bad initial quality replaced by a vendor that presented chains w other issues. Third times a charm? Did I hear they went to a double row chain?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cad2theBone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008SRX

This thread is like a Yelp review. Only the problems and complaints will voice in.

So I feel I have to mention We had a 99 Camaro for 7 years and not one complaint for-143,000 miles. Great car!

We then bought an 08 SRX with the 3.6. It has been amazing and reliable.
    One note, GM did recall it and replace Cams and chain. We were not having any problems with it. But we brought it in.
    They rented us a car and we felt we were really treated well. The car was per effect when we got it back.
    And outside of that the Car has been trouble free and a joy.
    From our perspective we will buy, absolutely buy a Cadillac or any GM again without thinking twice.

James

alanuke is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have a 2006 SRX AWD V6, which I purchased new, and now has 159K miles. It has been problem free until recently. I had a drive line coupler replaced, and it seems to need to have it replaced again after 13,500 miles. I hearing that these replacement parts are bad. Anyone hear about this?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.