2006 SRX problems - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; Wow, to each their own I guess. Wonder what flavor the Lexus cool-aid is?...
    conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Re: 2006 SRX problems

Wow, to each their own I guess.

Wonder what flavor the Lexus cool-aid is?

lemonsrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 srx

Quote Originally Posted by cougarav8r View Post
    Wow. Gm customer service. Awesome reps for coming on here to help out.

makes me glad I have a GM product.
    What a joke, don't believe for a minute they will help you if you are out of warranty. They just come on here for damage control. They lead you on to believe you are a valued customer and the turn you over to a foreign call center to break the news that they will NOT help you! That is such a pet peeve of mine that an American company uses customer service people that are not American! especially gm who was bailed out by the american government and taxpayers!
    TimRSRX777 and TimRSRX777 like this.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

lemon.......this is all making you look very bad. If the SRX was such a poor choice from the onset, why did you keep it for 7 years? Now that it it is 7 model years old you are still carrying on. Trade it or sell it and be done with it.

Regarding your derogatory comment about the Cadillac Customer Service on this forum, how much experience have you had with them? Any? I have (Ashley). The service was excellent.

Regarding coverage on an off warranty vehicle, please let us know what OEM covers repairs on their off- warranty vehicles.

Just because your ownership experience was less than you expected, don't assume you are in the majority. You are not. You are in the minority. I and others on this forum find it insulting when someone trash talks what we choose to own, drive, and enjoy.

And MACMUSE.......I kept a lid on it this time.

PJ
    TimRSRX777 likes this.

sydsimm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 Cadillac SRX

Hi All
    I just got a 2006 SRX 3.6l and despite the front shocks very stiff, and I am monitoring the oil consumption.
    After listening to all the complaining and GM bashing.
    All I will say is all car manufactures have the odd lemon. Has anyone considered a car built on a Monday
    when workers are back from the weekend, or a car built on a Friday when workers can't get out the door fast enough.
    How about the owners of cars who need to think about how much engineering goes into that $40,000.00 car that we buy.
    I had a Seville for 10 years no just regular maintenance, a Suburban for 11 Years and again only regular maintenance now after
    Switching to an Audi A4. I am back to GM.
    And to top it all I am Trinidadian born living in Canada but I’ll buy a GM any day.
    Now if someone can tell me why my MRC front shocks are so stiff and I am not getting any codes, is there an adjustment for the ride.
    Thanks
    Sydsimm

jkinglist01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have an older V8 SRX with what appears to be a bad transfer case chain. This is the only major problem I've had with the vehicle and love it. Taking it to a mechanic to make sure its the TCase. I am planning on replacing the chain myself if it is.
    TimRSRX777 and TimRSRX777 like this.

jkinglist01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Took me a bit but finally took it to the mechanic and its the transfer case. He says I should replace the chains, bearings, seals and sprockets. Will be searching the net for these parts. The dealer wants too much money for a reman unit. Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

Meticulous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '06 Srx v6, '98 corolla, '90 toyota pickup

Reading some of these threads have made me nervous. I ran into a young lady the other day that just hate her Srx and was ready to sell it. I have had a few issues, not major yet ( warranty fixes) and hope not to. I do feel like for the most part if you have a car you don't like trade it in for something you do like ( no use in putting up with something you are unhappy with). I've had to change out my cat conv, radio ( cd jammed), battery all manf issues. The hose in the rear for the rear wiper was severed and they repaired that, snatched my rear handle off with the garage accidentally and that was replaced, i pd and GM was really helpful in price and speed. I got a misfire code traveling my oil needed to be changed and it was low. I ended up changing the spark plugs and oil and that corrected the misfire issue... I cant complain for the most part. That's in a time frame of 5 yrs.

rickparker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS, SRX

I have 2 cadillacs a '05 cts 3.6 and 50000 miles also a '05 srx 3.6 120000 second engine (JUST AS BAD)
    I HATE these cars ...when I bought them consumer gave them praise
    I had to replace the srx timing chains at about 80000 diy aprox $300 it turns out a lot of people have the same problems with these cars .
    lots of forums ....check out timing chains and oiling
    currently looking at ls1 for the srx...moe betta
    check your oil it's gone before ya know it

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

rickparker, So you bought one of those Cadillacs before the other and felt it was such a load of crap that you bought another one? What is that saying - fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? Why do you have two Cadillacs if you think BOTH of them are crap? Get rid of them both and buy two KIAs.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonsrx View Post
    We purchased a Cadillac SRX brand new. Thinking we were purchasing a well built luxury American car. What a lemon! Nothing but problems!! The front end squeaks horribly sounding like a piece junk rather than a luxury car. The traction control system kicks on at times without warning causing it to be hard to control. The timing chains now need to be replaced. Obviously this a known problem and should be recalled. A friend has a 2011 cts and just had the timing chains replaced, showing that gm has not fixed this defect! What a shame that the name Cadillac once meant luxury to me, now it means lemon. No wonder Americans are buying foreign cars! I will certainly not buy another gm product.
    Welcome to the world of Cadillac front lower control arms. I'm on my 4th set in less than 2 years mine has been at the dealer over two weeks and they have yet to find the issue say they can't hear it but every time I go up there and they ride with me they hear it. Its not that hard I know what the issues is yet they can't figure it out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous View Post
    Reading some of these threads have made me nervous. I ran into a young lady the other day that just hate her Srx and was ready to sell it. I have had a few issues, not major yet ( warranty fixes) and hope not to. I do feel like for the most part if you have a car you don't like trade it in for something you do like ( no use in putting up with something you are unhappy with). I've had to change out my cat conv, radio ( cd jammed), battery all manf issues. The hose in the rear for the rear wiper was severed and they repaired that, snatched my rear handle off with the garage accidentally and that was replaced, i pd and GM was really helpful in price and speed. I got a misfire code traveling my oil needed to be changed and it was low. I ended up changing the spark plugs and oil and that corrected the misfire issue... I cant complain for the most part. That's in a time frame of 5 yrs.
    Hello Meticulous,

I apologize for any trouble you went through with your SRX. I see the concerns have been repaired within the past few years. If there is anything you would like to discuss; current issues or questions, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mermaid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 ext, 2004 srx

Post Re: 2006 SRX problems

Hello, I have a 2004 srx that I love but the sunroof is giving me fits. It started with a clicking nose and a clunk every once in awhile. Took it to the dealership and the replaced the motor and guides to the tune of$1500 in May of 2011. Just quit on me again about two weeks ago and took it to another cadillac dealer as I now live 2 hours from my old one. They kept it 2 weeks, then after a big spiel on how they were giving me warranty pricing, charged me $400. The day after I got it, I tried opening the sunroof and it was making a new racket which it did not make when i took there the first time. So I took it back to them. Then after keeping it for a week said it was going to cost $3000 but they would split it with me. Said it needed a new motor and that this was unrelated to the $400 I had just spent. I told them to put it back together and reimburse me for the $400 as it is not working. Should I try and take it to a sunroof place or just forget about using it at all. I just spent $1500 a month ago on unrelated issues so this is quite maddening. For this money I could be driving a bentley!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    Hello, I have a 2004 srx that I love but the sunroof is giving me fits. It started with a clicking nose and a clunk every once in awhile. Took it to the dealership and the replaced the motor and guides to the tune of$1500 in May of 2011. Just quit on me again about two weeks ago and took it to another cadillac dealer as I now live 2 hours from my old one. They kept it 2 weeks, then after a big spiel on how they were giving me warranty pricing, charged me $400. The day after I got it, I tried opening the sunroof and it was making a new racket which it did not make when i took there the first time. So I took it back to them. Then after keeping it for a week said it was going to cost $3000 but they would split it with me. Said it needed a new motor and that this was unrelated to the $400 I had just spent. I told them to put it back together and reimburse me for the $400 as it is not working. Should I try and take it to a sunroof place or just forget about using it at all. I just spent $1500 a month ago on unrelated issues so this is quite maddening. For this money I could be driving a bentley!!!
    Don't bother using the sunroof anymore its a money pit. One of the worst options available for these trucks. Removing the sunroof at a body shop and welding in a solid roof would save you money in the long run although I don't think anybody has done that yet.

QUIQUE1978 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CADILLAC SRX V6 AWD

Hi,I am new to this forum and I would like to know if my timing chains are under a some kind of warranty.I talked to a dealer here in Houston,TX. and he told me that I just missed it,it only covers it up to 120,000 miles or 10 years. I have a 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD,my VIN#1GYEE637260200948;is there any chance that you check if I am under warranty or not?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you.

Doubt its under warranty my 06 had 84k miles and I had to repair it myself. Only some had warranty based on where they were built at hut sounds like your past that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.