SRX Possible video & Audio AUX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Possible video & Audio AUX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Dear all: I am still looking for different possibilities in order to get the AUX in my Cadillac SRX 2006 ...
    lemmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

SRX Possible video & Audio AUX

Dear all:
    I am still looking for different possibilities in order to get the AUX in my Cadillac SRX 2006

I have already IPOD integration using the rear entertaiment system AUX IN but it is very tedious some times becuase I have to push the aux button many times in the back of my car while Im driving....

I am looking for some alternatives prepering the ground for an aftermarkert radio keeping my NAV & DIC system working

And here my question

In my Cadillac SRX 2006 I have a Analog TV. This is a module located in the back of the car and it is not in use anymore in Europe becuase we are all in digital TV( see picture attached TV turner.jpg)

Well taking a look to the connector diagram( see picture attached Diagram.jpg) I can see PINS 5, 6 & 7 ,23 ,25 ,26 are related to teh audio

And here my stupid question....

If I cut that cables related to the pNS mentioned abovae and I connect an audio signal ( IPOD??).... once I select TV tuner in my radio it should open the TV channel letting the audio pass though the system

Is it possible?
    If yes can any body explain me the differences between Pins 5,6,7 & 23,25,26 becuase 5,6, and 7 are lef audio, right audio and common signal should be the negative ( black).... but i am a litlle bit confuse with the other pINS

Can I asume video INPUt can be as well open using the same technic??

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: SRX Possible video & Audio AUX

on the diagram you posted, it looks like the second set of audio pins would be used if your vehicle has the U42 RPO

do you know where in the radio this connects? also, where is the tv tuner mounted?

i believe video-in would work if its already enabled in your vehicle

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Does this help?

Thrill6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS-V Sedan, 07 Corvette Convertible

As long as the tuner module is still connected (power, ground, and Class 2 data) it will work. The radio queries the data bus for modules at start up and adds the appropriate buttons on the display.

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    on the diagram you posted, it looks like the second set of audio pins would be used if your vehicle has the U42 RPO

do you know where in the radio this connects? also, where is the tv tuner mounted?

i believe video-in would work if its already enabled in your vehicle
    I do not know where in the radio this connect but I suppouse it will connect in the back for sure...... If there is anybody having the diagram of the TV connector plugged into the radio, it will be very helpful for me becuase I would not like to cut wires in blind mode........

Tv Turner module is mounted in the back side of the car close to the left wheel..... if you want Ican provide some pics

Last but not least, i do not know what U42 RPO means..... so I do not know if my car is equiped with it...

Regards

check your spare tire cover or put your vin in here
    http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

if you see u42 you have it, but i just found out this is it
    U42 ENTERTAINMENT PKG REAR SEAT
    from this website
    http://www.lonestarthunder.com/m_rpo.php

Thanks to everybody for your help
    i have found an eBay seller selling dashboards compatible with our cars
    I have requested more information (drawings, layout) . As soon as I have got them I will keep you informed
    Any ides regrding the tv connectors in the radio itself? It would be much more easy to cut the wires close to the radio than cutting the wires from tv module on the back of the car
    Thanks

Dear all

I have found the following coonector & their wiring scheme

As you can see PIN 9 & 10 from the back of the CD correspond to the TV signal and it has the same wire colors than the tV audio signal from the TV module connector I attached yesterday

My only concern before cutting the wire and adding a external source there is that the schemes says TV Left Audio Signal & right audio signal (Export)

Do you know what the world exposts means here?

I feel we are very close to find the solution....

Thanks
    Attached Images

i think that means it applies to the export models only

ok so what connector are you dealing with now?

what exactly is your goal?

My goal is to cut the tv wires from this connector and connect to them an iPod audio signal.....or install and aftermarket radio replacing the cd charger and connect the audio through that tv signal
    I think this is possible

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Here's an idea. Instead of cutting the wires to see if your idea will work, trace the circuits involved back to the next connector, then remove the wire ends from the connector and use alligator clips to attach to your device. That way you can see if it works without cutting wires and can put it back the way it was if it doesn't work. Understand?

Thanks for the idea..... Ibwill doit in your way
    Keep you posted
    Regards

conedoctor is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Wouldn't it be easier to order one of these?

http://www.coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm

Dear all:

This weeked I started to work on my idea to connect an ipod using the audio from the TV module

I cut 3 wires, connect the ipod,..... and ITS WORKING...... Sound is crystal clear and everything works perfect.....
    On top I have installed a bluetooth Music Received from Belkin and I have wireless music....

This is the good part, but unfortunately there are some minus related to my idea to install an aftermarket radio keeping the car radio ( DIC system)

1.- I do not see any TV signal in any of the connectors..... I have found the TV Aduio Left & right but not TV Video. Any idea of where are the wires for the TV IN?

2.- Unfortunaltely connectors from TV turner ( the ones I have cut) are not connected to the radio itself.... they are connected to the CD Charger........ Taking in to account I need to replace the CD charger to have enough space for an aftermarket radio..... I do not know how to doit becuase if the connector I use for ipod connections is not plug into the CD charger it does not work

Do you know if there is any option to use a"AUX in" from the connector plugged straight away to the radio itself, and not from the cd charger??

Thanks in advance & good luck with your installations

I recommend to everybody this easy installation...... 10 minutes to have a Crystal clear AUX in audio....

Dear all:

I am trying to find the video IN to complete my homework, but unfortunately I do not find a video IN

In the meantime, I am trying to understand what is the purpose of the back connector cable from the radio to the CD ( see peicture attached)

I have disconnected it, but everything seems to be perfectly working ( all funtions are working)

May I ask yoiu to let me know what is is connector and if possible the wiring related

Many thanks in advance
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.