SRX Possible video & Audio AUX - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Possible video & Audio AUX in Cadillac SRX Forums; thats for the cd changer....
    OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: SRX Possible video & Audio AUX

thats for the cd changer.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Go to post #3- in upper right of schematic shows video aux in (Pu & Bk). In lower ctr of schematic shows video from tuner to display (shielded Pu & Bk). The numbers, eg.13, 14 are the corresponding positions on the connector faces. I think one or the other of these is what you are looking for.

lemmon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Go to post #3- in upper right of schematic shows video aux in (Pu & Bk). In lower ctr of schematic shows video from tuner to display (shielded Pu & Bk). The numbers, eg.13, 14 are the corresponding positions on the connector faces. I think one or the other of these is what you are looking for.
    Thanks
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I have cut E7 and E8 from main radio connector and now video it's working as well.
    However now I have same problem than everybody: " no video while driving"

I have tried everything including faumous 1791 code but nothing.... I have seen in main radio connector that E2 correspond to speed signal... I was wondering if cutting that wire while avoid this protection.
    h
    I do not want to watch movies while driving, but I wouuld like to have my iPod content ( album, picture, sound name, etc) on the screen.

Any idea how to turn this security feature off?

Thanks in advance

Why not remove the radio connector, then remove wire E2 from the connector. Replace the connector and see what happens. If it doesn't work you can put E2 back in and nothing has been cut.

Quote Originally Posted by OffThaHorseCEO View Post
    thats for the cd changer.
    Maybe you are right.... But I have tested all Cd functions with this connector unplugged and everything works... I have not seen any difference

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    Why not remove the radio connector, then remove wire E2 from the connector. Replace the connector and see what happens. If it doesn't work you can put E2 back in and nothing has been cut.
    I have tried already... Wire related to speed signal was F2 and not E2 as I mention in my previous post,
    In any case result is the same .... It does not work....
    I do not know what else can I try...
    Maybe disconecting data wire will work..... I can install a switch in case data wire is used for transferring information between car & radio
    Thanks to everybody for their inconditional help... I hope you can help me once again

Somewhere in the literature, service/owner manual, diagnostics, specifications,operations, whatever there must/should be mention of the front entertainment shutting off when driving. That should lead you to a means to defeat that function. Sounds like a good rainy day search project. BTW, since your car has rear entertainment, there should be a remote control which would make using the rear aux in jacks easy to use, no?

VinceTheFrench is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX V6

This post is very good. I think, one day, I will try this. (when I succeeded install the firmware in my nav unit ...).

Thank for this good post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.