Rear LED Tail light out - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Rear LED Tail light out in Cadillac SRX Forums; Mrmackey........ until you get this squared away (again), keep all of the parrts and receipts you have accumulated in a ...
    PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: Rear LED Tail light out

Mrmackey........until you get this squared away (again), keep all of the parrts and receipts you have accumulated in a bag and keep it in your SRX. If you can show the police you had it fixed and now the issue has returned, that you are trying your best to get this squared away, they may show you some mercy and let you off without even a warning. I would.

PJ

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Mrmackey, I may have found something that may help you. Attached are 3 PDFs of rear export lights wiring schematics. Note, in the left rear fuse block is a set of 3 relays (position lamp controls). With these you may be able to chase down what is or is not working. Good luck.
    Attached Files
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

My bad, those are for an 05 (mine). The 08 are different, which may explain some of your difficulties. Here are the 08s.
    Attached Files

Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Has anybody here actually opened taillight? I know it's a one piece design and shouldn't be opened but still.... :-)
    Here's something I found on the Solstice forum, opening a headlight assembly. Might work on the tail light. As to the rapid flashing turn signal, it appears the 08 has 1 LED, the 05, 2.

So painting the headlights. First open them up. I used a heatgun for about 3-5 minutes and then used a flathead the pry open. Once you notice it coming apart there is no turning back. I lightly sanded with a 600 grit sandpaper and then a 2000. Taped the carbon fiber wrap over to protect. I then did two coats of adhesive promoter, 3 coats of high heat semigloss black and then three coats of clear cover (high heat). Although I dont know if the high heat paint was needed, that was the route I chose.

I then placed them on the car to get the alighment right before I place the cover back on and I changed the LED strip to a longer piece. My headlight on the passenger side was pretty faded and tried to clear up but it was pretty pitted and scratched. I fortunately had my headlight from my car that I held on to and went to swap out.

NOTE: 09 has a different headlight setting. Some of the tabs were in a different spot and the side had a higher angle. All in all once I set on and added more adhesive, it set perfectly. I recommend having about 10-12 strong clips to hold them together as they need to be reheated and clamped together.

Mrmackey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V6

Hi all

so this SAGA is now over. Friend with a little knowledge about electronics opened it up and found that one small red thing (semiconductor or whatever the correct name is) on taillight 2 photo was cooked. replaced it and that's it. Fixed the backside together with liquid plastic and it works like a charm. Added some photos also so maybe it's helpful for somebody. But main thing is that if warranty is expired and new one costs over here approx 1000 USD and if options for buying used ones are limited (ain't many used Export ones around, even not on Ebay) then its good to know that you can still fix parts that are not meant to be opened and fixed.
    And thanks for you all for suggestions.

:-)
    Attached Images

RVD
    RVD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX V3.6

@glake89: I do have a similar problem. My 2 tail lights are not working. From the wiring diagram, it looks that a brake disconnects power feed from both tail lights. Is this correct? In taht case, the suggestion of the user manual to check the ground on the STOP relay might be valid. This would disable both L and R tail light in case of failure. Where do you access the stop relay? I read LEFT REAR FUSE BLOCK. But how do you access this? Thanks for any help on this.

Fuse block is under front edge of rear seat where your heels would be. There are seams w/ Velcro that can be separated for access. Easier if you remove door sill trim first (just pulls off-3 clips). What year is yours?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.