Cadillac SRX V8 AWD Rarity : Key figures
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Cadillac SRX V8 AWD Rarity : Key figures in Cadillac SRX Forums; As many of you are seeking 2007+ V8 SRX, I though you might be interested in production key figures... (compiled ...
    allroadusa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX V8 AWD Sport

Cadillac SRX V8 AWD Rarity : Key figures

As many of you are seeking 2007+ V8 SRX, I though you might be interested in production key figures... (compiled from Compnine queries, so it's probably not 100% accurate but realistic enough)
    2007+ V8 are rare : 12.5% of total 2007-2009 production (6199 out of 49495)
    2007+ V8+AWD are more rare : 9.0% of total 2007-2009 production (4435)
    V8+AWD+Sport Package are very rare : 1.1% of total 2007-2009 production (542) !
    V8+AWD+3rd+Sport Package SRX are REALLY RARE : 0.6% of total 2007-2009 production (303) ! (Got one of them, probably the only one with Euro specs )
    And if you're looking for a specific color combo (Crystal Red/black leather for example, roughly 2.5% of total production), it leads to less than 1 chance over 6000 : play lottery !
    After that, if you're lucky enough to find one, don't let it go !
    Good luck !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

richard7107 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 07 n*

Re: Cadillac SRX V8 AWD Rarity : Key figures

I had no idea my 07 awd V8 sports package was so rare. When I bought it 2 years ago I did notice a lot more V6 ones for sale, I thought that was because they were so much trouble people were selling them. When I see all the complaints about timing chains,oil consumpsion and poor gas milage I am thankful for a good old V8.
    There were only 180 of my car and model year built, seems very rare but if you add the red colour it would be even less.
    Thanks for the graphs
    Rich

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Thats why we saw it and bought it within 24 hours

09 Crystal Red, black leather, V8 AWD, Sport package, 3rd row, rear dvd.

prairieschooner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

what is included in the sport package?

Sport Package: includes Driver’s Package, door sill plate cover, Sport grille, dual chrome exhaust tips, front and rear Sport fascias, chrome luggage rack,
    front P235/60R18 and rear P255/55R18 Michelin V-rated all-season blackwall tires and 18-inch ultra-bright machined finish cast-aluminum wheels
    or
    20-inch polished-aluminum wheels and P255/50R20 RS tires

Without Sport Package

With Sport Package

stu9876 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 srx

Soooo, that is why my car was sold 1 day off lease in Toronto. I have a 2008 AWD, sport, 3rd row seat, v8, black on black. Getting detailed tomorrow, and in for the dreaded sunroof vibration fix, nice stats!

mhevezi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So you're saying I should keep my 2007, N*, AWD, Sport Package, 3rd Row, Rear DVD SRX?

OK

Keep it for sure (or sell it for high). There are probably less than 30 like yours out there...
    Great pick !

mwswarrior is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Have everything but the N* but wish I'd held out for it!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

allroad.........thank you for taking the time posting this info. for the rest of us.

If you do the math (total production numbers minus V8), the sheer numbers of V6s out there puts some perspective to the "V6 issues" we read about here.

Might favorably change a lot of minds about a V6's dependability. Arguably, there are 10 V6s out there for every V8 Northstar, why so many have commented (perhaps incorrectly) that judging from the comments and threads on this forum, the V6 is a problematic engine. It isn't.

PJ

So true.

The V6 gets a bum deal, but if you look at the CTS, Enclave,Traverse,Acadia,Outlook etc... the V6 has a problem for sure but agreed for the sheer numbers of them out there the good ones are far more than the bad ones.

I wanted a V8 because of the issues but also because I wanted a loaded model and the V8 is often more optioned than the V6, when a person says this car is "loaded" it often means it have A/C and power windows well the cars I look at all going to be "loaded" and I really think that term is used incorrectly.

DougC.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

I am the new owner of a 04 AWD N* 3rd seat, bose navi, mag suspension.

Absoluetly the best car/suv I have ever owned. The only two opions I dont have is the rear (3rd row) sunroof and rear camera.

I enjoy driving it whenever I have too.

prairieschooner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

hey conehead are you trying to talk yourself into the V6 or someone else after you bough the N* (Aluminum Block)? The complaints on the V6 would suggest that there are potential problems. After looking at the "known problems" links, I am not so sure that a V6 is the right option for everyone. It does however surprise me that someone who doesn't know you can give you advice.

Quote Originally Posted by prairieschooner View Post
    hey conehead are you trying to talk yourself into the V6 or someone else after you bough the N* (Aluminum Block)? The complaints on the V6 would suggest that there are potential problems. After looking at the "known problems" links, I am not so sure that a V6 is the right option for everyone. It does however surprise me that someone who doesn't know you can give you advice.
    Ya I'm confused by your post, I think you are being rude but not sure and it's late. Get my username right as well please.

I wanted the V8 because I wanted the V8, I like the power and no issues with oil use is just a bonus. Buying the V8 also made shopping easier as the V8's come with more options and a greater chance of a fully loaded model.

What I was saying about the V6 is if you look at the amount made vs the amount that have problems I think owning the V6 is just as safe as owning a V8, maybe if more V8's were sold some issues would come to light about them. If the V6 numbers from the CTS, SRX, Enclave, Traverse, Outlook, Acadia and whatever else used the motor were added up I wonder what the failure rate would be, I have no idea and don't really care but of all the drivers who never have one problem you will never hear about it but the ones that do have problems they post about it unless of course they are not on a forum but you get the point. Some of the V6 blame must also be on the owners who think that they bought some magic car that will never fail because it is a Cadillac, well the engine doen not know this, and it is a machine first off that needs to be checked, it has a dipstick for a reason and waiting for a light is not excuse it is just foolish.

Now before all the V6 guys get all mad, yes it sucks if it uses oil and lots of it but running out still needs to fall a bit on the owner.

Now if the V6 is right or not for people is for the person to decide, it will pull the same, it makes decent power and will deliver good economy (if working right). The V8 offers more power, more fuel usage, a cool badge and is more awesome IMO.

My other cars are turbo 4's so I have no ill feelings to a smaller engine but I just wanted top of the line and the V8 is that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.