Update on Ultraview Sunroof Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Update on Ultraview Sunroof Issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; I uploaded lots of scaled down pictures here: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...iew%20Sunroof/ A video of the sunroof problem is here: Since the weather ...
    skwerlabusr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX

Cool Update on Ultraview Sunroof Issues

I uploaded lots of scaled down pictures here: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...iew%20Sunroof/

A video of the sunroof problem is here:

Since the weather has gotten warm, I decided to try to tackle my sunroof issue before resorting to the dealer ($100-$500 total). I went opened up the center sunroof panel (5 T25 screws behind a rubber strip). I found out that the sunroof motor mounting bolts were really loose! After removing the sunroof from the mount plate I found a lot of metal shavings on the motor gear and the drive cables (from me trying to close it all the time). I used a super strong earth magnet I happened to have to clean up all the shavings and vacuumed some dust as well. (While looking very silly to people driving by, does he vacuum his roof every time he cleans his car??) I then remounted the motor and the sunroof seemed to have less noise and moved quite well. After a nice drive I tried closing it and the motor seems to have problems now. I am trying right now to adjust this screw on the motor that seems to control the resistance of the motor and I will report back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: Update on Ultraview Sunroof Issues

I just got mine back - - on close it would "drag" and sometimes make a metal on metal scraping noise... Dealer replaced some broken plastic shoes, and now it works OK.

skwerlabusr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX

Ended up replacing the motor. What happened is the common torx bolt falling out issue happened to my SRX with the previous owner. When he or I tried using the sunroof the bolt probably was snagging the sunroof and ended up loosening the bolts that hold down the motor and also messing the big gear on the motor pretty bad. Until it could no longer spin the drive cable properly. I replaced it with the newer higher powered motor that they came out with in 07 I think and I also lubed up the tracks. It works sooo perfectly! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy it for long since I sold my SRX yesterday and probably won't be around on the forums much anymore until I get my next Cadillac! Before I say farewell though, I will post pictures comparing the old and new motors.

ultra680sp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Srx

If anyone is interested in a kit to restore the Ultraview to functionality I have put something together that includes 3D printed shoes to replace the white plastic ones. They fit in pretty nice and seem to work well with the Rheosil. If you have any questions I would be happy to help out. I have a 2005 SRX that just needed cleaned and lubed and have an instruction list also.

Sphinx_242 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I would definitely be interested.......

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Mine just started a making noises yesterday and it won't close all the way. Gets there then decides to go back. The sun shade also wont close all the way. I got lucky and closed it and I'm thinking I won't be touching this for a while.

ccmarshal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Quote Originally Posted by ultra680sp View Post
    If anyone is interested in a kit to restore the Ultraview to functionality I have put something together that includes 3D printed shoes to replace the white plastic ones. They fit in pretty nice and seem to work well with the Rheosil. If you have any questions I would be happy to help out. I have a 2005 SRX that just needed cleaned and lubed and have an instruction list also.
    I wouldn't mine them either.... thx

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Blue loctite on those bolts work miracles

ukmat71 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultra680sp View Post

Sounds great. My ones were black rubber ,if that made any difference. Now they have completely fallen apart.
    Any idea on what you would want for a set?

NipRing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N* Sport

I'm interested if its the same parts for an '07.

So the black rubber should ride inside some white plastic shoes. The eBay post is here
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/300981896804?nav=SELLING&sbk=1
    I just used the gm tech instructions with a couple pictures as part of the kit. Look at the kit and tell me what you think the kit is worth and I might lower the price some more
    Thanks for looking

are you willing to sell the guide shoes just on their own? seems daft to ship that lot over the pond when only an envelope will suffice?

if so please PM me,i'll have them today.

otherwise i'll have the lot but it depends on who you would mail the kit with , has to be UPS as USPS for me just gets returned to sender as my Florida home is just a vacation home and all the postal staff know that. UPS actually deliver to my door. but... (yes full of butts here lmao) , i will only have a time frame of around a week from 27th November as im back for me & the Mrs' 21st wedding aniversary

other than that the kit looks a good idea and a much better price than europe cadillac as i have to purchase the metal brackets too with them and thats around £200 per side, yep about $500 for 4 shoe thingys.

Quote Originally Posted by ukmat71 View Post
    are you willing to sell the guide shoes just on their own? seems daft to ship that lot over the pond when only an envelope will suffice?

if so please PM me,i'll have them today.

otherwise i'll have the lot but it depends on who you would mail the kit with , has to be UPS as USPS for me just gets returned to sender as my Florida home is just a vacation home and all the postal staff know that. UPS actually deliver to my door. but... (yes full of butts here lmao) , i will only have a time frame of around a week from 27th November as im back for me & the Mrs' 21st wedding aniversary

other than that the kit looks a good idea and a much better price than europe cadillac as i have to purchase the metal brackets too with them and thats around £200 per side, yep about $500 for 4 shoe thingys.
    I would be happy to get those sent to you. I could list them separately on ebay for around $20, don't know how much shipping would be, if you could get me the city address I could get you a quote.

I did relist the kit for $40 on ebay if you were still interested in getting the Rheosil also. Don't know if customs would hold it up but there is only one way to find out!

Thanks.

tried to Pm you but its come back with your box is full ........ a little personal i think can you pm me your email , and i'll send details over.

regards , Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by NipRing View Post
    I'm interested if its the same parts for an '07.
    Nip- If you are still interested in those shoes try this: http://3dpart.weebly.com/

You should be able to order the parts through it. Thanks for looking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.