SRX Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, SRX Cabin Air Filter Replacement in Cadillac SRX Forums; I searched and found one for CTS, but not for SRX.It's pretty straightforward - unlike the CTS, no tools are ...
    ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

SRX Cabin Air Filter Replacement

I searched and found one for CTS, but not for SRX.It's pretty straightforward - unlike the CTS, no tools are required.
    1) Remove the weatherstrip and first cover:

2) Remove the second cover, noting its orientation:

3) Remove filter, noting its location and orientation. Squeeze filter to install.

4) Reassemble.More information at srxturnsignals.shutterfly.com. It is a little tricky, so I did a more complete writeup.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

Re: SRX Cabin Air Filter Replacement

I just figured out how to change the cabin filter on my 2009 SRX this past weekend, I had to order the filter from Advance Auto and it's due tomorrow. I was going to re-create the steps and take photo's. You bet me to it.

Looking at earlier SRX's changing the CF in a 2009 SRX is a breeze.

Tom

jackjroadster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Nice job in giving a detailed instruction USAFRET. I can't access your article on shutterfly for some reason. I have a hard time grasping for word intructions and i would like to ask if I could refer to this video about cabin air filter replacement? I see you really know how to do it so please guide me. thanks

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Ballpark......what does a Cadillac dealer charge for a cabin filter replacement, parts and labor? I would speculate this is one maintenance item most delay or don't do at all. I'm not having any issues. My 07 purchased 10 months ago still has that new car smell, despite hauling dogs around in dog crates. Don't want to lose that.

PJ

motoo12002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Thanks ktr-sb for the tutorial with the pictures. It took me a total of 10 minutes and a flashlight and $20 for filter delivered to my house to change the filter. The dealer wanted to charge $125.00 to replace the filter. Bunch of bandits!! Thanks for the amazing help on this forum.

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE

Not so much bandits, as ... they got expenses.

They have to cover the cost of the service writer, the tech, insurance, facility space, tools, etc...

And the owner's prime rib dinner.

It's a legitimate charge, but yes, much cheaper to do it yourself if you have the skills and/or tools.

n7don_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac '07 SRX-V6 RWD, '03 Envoy, '95 S10 pu

First, nice write up. I've had the filter out a couple times on the '07. Once to blow out with compressed air and once to install a new one. The only thing I'd add there were some sharp screw ends that need to be avoided (I found out the hard way) when reaching in to remove the interior cover. Seems like when I was looking for a replacement filter there was both a particulate and a much more expensive odor filter available. The OE filter was a particulate so that's was my replacement choice.
    ktr-sb and ktr-sb like this.

ktr-sb is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 SRX 3.6L 2WD

Quote Originally Posted by n7don_srx View Post
    First, nice write up. I've had the filter out a couple times on the '07. Once to blow out with compressed air and once to install a new one. The only thing I'd add there were some sharp screw ends that need to be avoided (I found out the hard way) when reaching in to remove the interior cover. Seems like when I was looking for a replacement filter there was both a particulate and a much more expensive odor filter available. The OE filter was a particulate so that's was my replacement choice.
    Thanks for the input - that's what I think is the greatest part about this forum - fast, free, useful information specific to our vehicles.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

I have a Fram Fresh whatever waiting to go in tonight.
    afsrx and afsrx like this.

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

I want to punch whoever designed this location for the air filter. Good grief that can be a pain. I'm glad I changed it, Ithink it still had the original in it, it was pretty darn dirty.

The Scions I have, have the filter in the glove box. Just pull that down and there is a sliding tray for them. This caddy one is just asking for mangled knuckles.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    To give more room I popped the hood lift support off and had someone hold the hood fully vertical.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Is MacMuse still the moderator of this forum? Thanks ktr-sb, I really appreciate the pictures and step by step so when I decide to do it. The information is here. I find it really humorous that MacMuse calls $125 a legitimate charge. I agree they should charge to do this, but ktr-sb how long did it take you including pictures back in oh ten? They probably even charge $175 now for a what 20 minute service? That amount is anything but "legitimate", but as MacMuse did say charging for it is legitimate.

I still wonder why people expect everyone to work for free and if the charge is too much don't pay it. Yes an hour is maybe a stretch but businesses are in business to make money from people who cant or will not do it on their own.

How long does it take to really do the job if your starting from scratch and pulling the car into the garage, and you had to go get the car from the parking lot first.

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

well you can really add a lot of time if you push it in from the parking lot.

Yes but that is only assuming it has the original group 101 battery and it won't start

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.