2007 Cadillac SRX : quality??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2007 Cadillac SRX : quality?? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi there. Im looking to buy a 2007 Cadillac SRX4 Sport with 20" rims for my wife and and 1 ...
    cgjoker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

2007 Cadillac SRX : quality??

Hi there.

Im looking to buy a 2007 Cadillac SRX4 Sport with 20" rims for my wife and and 1 year old daughter. I want to be certain that id be making a wise choice.

My concerns are:
    1. reliability: problems? issues? will it last?
    2. performance, specifically 20" rims in the winter snow.
    3. gas mileage: i have heard allot of conflicting ratings, does someone who actually owns one have a definite number?

Thanks so much, C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Re: 2007 Cadillac SRX : quality??

I had one for three years and it was damn near flawless. 18mpg city and 24hwy, but that was on the 17" wheels.

I'm going to move this over to the SRX section- you'll get more feedback over there.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

nascarnation is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

If your location is the snowbelt, I'd get a spare set of rims and snow tires.
    I got 17" rims on ebay (takeoffs) and Bridgestone Blizzaks.
    Then the AWD SRX becomes awesome on slippery roads.
    My wife has no excuses to stay home from work

As for quality, I'd look to get the extended warranty unless you're handy yourself. I've had a lot of issues with my 04 but do all my own work (except I'm getting new cats on warranty). If I had to pay dealer rates on all the stuff I've fixed, I'd be pretty unhappy.

It's an awesome ride, I love it. Great mileage (for the weight and awd) on regular gas. Way better than the Jeep Cherokee I had previously.

05SRX-Redline is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX

I have a 2005 SRX Redline with the Luxury Performance package and the 18" wheels. It is a V6 and AWD, purchased it September 2008; it is a great car and I have not had any problems or issues with it. (Has 33K miles on it now). Yes it is rated at 18/24 for mileage and it consistently hits the top of the ranges; the mileage is excellent considering it is a 4500 pound car with full time all wheel drive; and the V6 power is very good. The ride quality, comfort, and handling is excellent; overall it is a great car. The AWD system is phenomenal and smooth, snow performance even with Michelin Pilot Sport tires is excellent.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

GM Jim once aptly pointed out that forums like this attract those with problems and that the overall SRX population's experience is a better gauge of build quality and reliability. A few months ago I picked up an 07 N* lease turn-in with 26.5K miles, with about everything but the magnetic ride and the 20" Sport package. It took two weeks and two dealership visits to get my "found" issues ironed out. But it has been clear sailing for the past 10,000 miles. Front suspension (bad sway bar insulators and worn lower control arm bushings), the classic water leak in rear jack bin, a balky UltraView roof, and a stop adjustment on the powered third row seat, all covered under original factory warranty. The loaner vehicle from the dealer eased the aggravation.

One guy on the forum has about 150,000 miles on an 04 (see thread on 'mileage'). I picked up a used car buying guide from Consumers Reports to get some idea of reliability and problem areas before I bought. I read the long term car magazine tests on the 07because that year fit my price point. Around the time I was ready to purchase, I stumbled onto this and one other forum and began reading my brains out.

I agree with what has been posted here. One piece of advice I would like to chime in on, expand on, and strongly suggest.....buy from a Caddy dealer with the better service reputation and buy a GMPP warranty extension. The dealer you select may be pricier on the purchase end but their ability to sort out and promptly fix any issues is worth it to me. The warranty extension will pay for itself and remove the financial and functional concerns over the longer haul. I don't have to worry too much until 6/2013 and/or 100,000 miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.