Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, AC problem, odors like mold, in Cadillac SRX Forums; where is the evaporator core located, I want to inject the foam cleaner from BG Frigi Clean, any pictures wouldbe ...
- 07-05-10 06:47 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): '06 SRX
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
AC problem, odors like mold,
where is the evaporator core located, I want to inject the foam cleaner from BG Frigi Clean, any pictures wouldbe a great help. Thx tfy
- 07-08-10 08:21 PM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
Re: AC problem, odors like mold,
here's the FSM procedure:
Perform the following steps in order to deodorize the A/C system:
1. Ensure that the plenum that draws outside air into the HVAC module is clear of debris.
2. Disable the A/C compressor clutch operation by disconnecting the clutch coil electrical connector.
3. Dry the evaporator core by performing the following steps:
1. Start the engine.
2. Select the maximum temperature setting.
3. Select the recirculation mode.
4. Run the blower motor on high for 10 minutes.
4. Locate an area in the air conditioning duct between the blower motor and the evaporator core downstream of the blower motor.
5. Drill a 3.175 mm (0.125 in) hole where the hole will not interfere with or damage the following components:
* The blower motor
* The evaporator core
* Any other operating part the of system
6. Wear safety goggles and latex gloves in order to perform the following actions:
1. Select the maximum blower speed.
2. Insert the deodorizer extension tube into the hole to the mark on the extension tube.
3. Use short spray bursts and vary the direction of spray for a 2-3 minute period of time.
7. Shut the engine OFF. Allow the vehicle to sit for 3-5 minutes.
8. Seal the 3.175 mm (0.125 in) hole with body sealer or RTV gasket compound.
9. Start the engine.
10. Operate the blower motor on high for 15-20 minutes to dry.
11. Reconnect the A/C compressor clutch coil electrical connector.
12. Verify proper clutch operation.
13. Using the scan tool enable the afterblow. Refer to Afterblow Enable Procedure in HVAC Automatic.