Can someone give me advise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Can someone give me advise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi All; I took my 2006 SRX into Weston Pontiac for it's scheduled lof. I was having a few other ...
    corders2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cadillac SRX

Can someone give me advise

Hi All;

I took my 2006 SRX into Weston Pontiac for it's scheduled lof. I was having a few other issues which they fixed under the warranty. However One of the issues was my sunroof. They informed me that I would need to take my SRX to a Cadillac dealer as it was to detailed for them to tear into. So I called Vic Alfonso Cadillac which is the local Cadillac dealer here. I spoke with the receptionist who had me give her my vin#. She then proceeded to tell me that my vehicle was no longer under warranty. She say's warranty expired 1/30/10.

All my paperwork..GM Vehicle Inquiry System Summary, Carfax, Kendall Chevrolet, and I had posted on this board when I got the vehicle and had my vin# checked. It all says my warranty is from 8/31/2006 thru 8/31/10.

I told her all my paperwork say's this. She just said Sorry we can fix it, but not under warranty...The vin# doesn't lie??? I have no idea what or who I should talk to about this.
    Weston Pontiac show's 8/31/10, and I wasn't charged for the other issues that they corrected under the warranty.

Any Help would be appriciated...
    Thanks Pam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jackd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05srx n*07 dts

Re: Can someone give me advise

Pam,

Go to your cadillac dealer with the vin# and ask them for a build sheet for your srx, your warranty should be four years from in service date or 50,000 miles, wichever comes first. good luck and let us know how you make out.

Regards, Jack

Thank You Jack; I will do that.

This caught me completely off guard. I had no idea what to say or do Because I'm talking to her on the phone looking at my paperwork, and she's telling me it's wrong....
    Would it be similar to what the carfax vehicle history shows? because it shows 9/8/06 vehicle sold with 92 miles to the first owner.

Will let you know what I find out.

Pam

Okay; Here's what happened.....

I Called Eugene's Kendall Chevrolet/Cadillac which was where I originally had work done last January. The girl that had worked with me before in the Srv dept was no longer there, but spoke with the lady that had taken her place. I asked for a build sheet and gave her the vin#. She pulled it up, and said it is under warranty until 8/31/10. I asked if she could fax me this. She did, and it is a GM vehicle Inquiry System Summary, which is what I also had a copy of.

I called Vic Alfonso again, and spoke with the same lady I spoke with yesterday. She said again that this isn't what she was seeing. She shows my warranty termed 1/30/10. She took the name and ph# of who I spoke with in Eugene, and said she would call them, and then get back with me.

She called back about 15 min later, and said had spoken with the lady in Eugene, and with the vin# I gave her today my warranty is good through 8/31/10. Said must have given her a wrong vin# yesterday???

Talk about stressed out!!!! But all is well now, and at least now I know I'm not going crazy. I keep or at least thought I kept a close tab on my warranties. So this kinda just blew me out of the water...I didn't know what to think or do.

Thanks for the help....Have my car scheduled to go in on Monday...

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I was thinking while reading your firsts posts, that there was probably an error regarding the VIN Number.

Now, you know for sure, that you only have until August to get those last things fixed..

Since you are encountering problems - I would recommend you get the Extended Caddy Warranty while you still can. A single major break would cost you more then that!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Pam......remember, a warranty doesn't begin with the "built" date (which matches the vin). The meter starts running for the warranty on the "inservice" date, when a customer first took took delivery of the car, which in your case was 8/31/06. Bet the woman who misinformed you needs some "help." But not from us because we are an cynical impatient bunch.

And I agree, grab that warranty extension! It may seem pricey, but you will thank yourself on this particular vehicle.

Thanks All; for the information;

Yes; I will check into the extended warranty. I had this on my list of things to do in May. Is it permitted on these boards for people to list reputable warranty companies? If so I would love some companies to start checking out.

I had checked into this last year just to get information. I checked with GM vehicle care center, but the lady I spoke with informed me that If I bought the warranty at that time I would then loose the factory warranty I still had left. Probably would have been cheaper for me to purchase at that time I don't know.

Thanks again for the advise...
    Pam

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I would stick with a GMPP warranty. You can buy it at a discount from Black Pontiac Cadillac.

http://gmoutlet.com/gmpp.htm

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

Quote Originally Posted by corders2 View Post
    I had checked into this last year just to get information. I checked with GM vehicle care center, but the lady I spoke with informed me that If I bought the warranty at that time I would then loose the factory warranty I still had left.
    This is the 1st time I have heard this. That's not at all how it works in Canada and I cannot imagine why it'd be different in the US - the extended warranty period began after the expiry of the original warranty (in the case of our '04 SRX, that was when it hit 80,000 kms). Any warranty work we had done after our purchase of the extended package and before the expiry of the factory warranty definitely fell under the factory deal - IOW, no deductible and a rental Cadillac.

This is worth getting confirmed.

My warranty extension (US) on a CPO 2007 added two years from my (used) in-service datebeyond the factory 4 year time period and extended the mileage up to 100,000 miles, with the end date and mileage spelled out on the contract.

I think I am going to call my dealer sales rep and have him explain......again. Better yet, it might be best to talk right with the guy/woman in the dealer finance department to clarify these things because warranty this is their world, their product. The sales guy might have a heart attack if I call him and he hears my name over the phone because I didn't let him off the hook when a few items were "accidentally missed" during the absolutely thorough, highly touted, CPO 101 point dealer inspection, or whatever it was (was not).

My experience has been that a customer (me) buying extended factory warranties is told the time and mileage of the extension in a way that sounds like the extended warranty appears longer and farther than it really is. That is why I now ask......what is the end date and the end mileage of the factory warranty and the extension combined.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Corders2 - - you had an informed person on the phone... My 09' was "Used"... I purchased the 3 year extended GM warranty, and it added 3 year 36k Miles to the original remaining factory warranty, giving me a total of 7 years 86k Miles of Full GM warranty.

It did not preclude, or terminate my existing factory warranty - - in fact, it added a couple of features to my existing Warranty, such as guaranteed rental car or pickup service. ( A very handy feature if you take the car someplace other then were you purchased it!)

Warranty shopping has its own risks, and the GMPP recommendation is a good one.

I bought a 99 Trans Am new, and the GM dealer had both the GM extended warranty and also an "aftermarket" one they were offering with basically the same coverage but for a few hundred dollars less. I checked out the other company and all seemed fine, they appeared solid and no consumer complaints. Customer fronts no money.

After the factory warranty had expired an engine issue arose, an expensive one. The exact same dealer that sold me the other warranty now told me I had to front the extended warranty repair cost until the dealer got reimbursed by the warranty company. Apparently the dealer wasn't getting paid by the warranty company for other claims on valid warranty repairs, even though the warranty company had authorized the repairs. Yet when I called the warranty company about this turn of events they acted clueless of any problems they had created for this dealer. Yeah, right.

Long story short, I got nothing but a bunch of finger pointing. So I had to get all three parties (me, dealer, warranty company) on the phone simultaneously on a conference call. The warranty company caved and agreed to pre-pay the dealer for the cost of my repairs, which they did!

Cheaper almost wasn't cheaper in this case. My advice, take the GMPP extension and negotiate the price with the dealer, at the time of purchase. They knocked 25% off the warranty extension in about 30 seconds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.