2006 SRX rear seat squeak
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, 2006 SRX rear seat squeak in Cadillac SRX Forums; I love my SRX, but can't stand driving it when the passenger side-rear seat starts squeaking. Sounds like a metal ...
    josh-srx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Unhappy 2006 SRX rear seat squeak

I love my SRX, but can't stand driving it when the passenger side-rear seat starts squeaking. Sounds like a metal 'chirping' - like a hundred crickets in the back.

It's under warranty, but the dealership has been useless to say the least. They've tried spraying wd40 on the springs and hinges, making sure to get overspray on the leather. They've tried some sort of 'super-grease' around the hinges. They've tried tightening the springs and clamps. But still it squeaks.

If I hit the seat-back with my hand, I can hear the sound coming from around where the seat back meets the seat.

Makes no sound when someone is sitting in it.

The dealership now wants to disassemble the leather seat, and has told me it won't go back together like new. Why won't they just replace the seat?

Cheers,

Josh

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2006 SRX rear seat squeak

Does anybody have an idea what's causing the noise before the dealership tears my seat apart? Is there a TSB?

JD2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

You can fold the seat down when not in use....also try sliding it slightly forward or backward

Quote Originally Posted by JD2004 View Post
    You can fold the seat down when not in use....also try sliding it slightly forward or backward
    The seat still squeaks when folded down. It doesn't have the ability to slide.

j

cfishkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Mine is driving me insane. Try sliding it all the way forward and putting the seatbelt in.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

It's the hinge. Mine chirped, had it replaced, was good to go. Find a different service dept!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    It's the hinge. Mine chirped, had it replaced, was good to go. Find a different service dept!
    I find it a lot more fun to "suggest" the fix to the service writer. And if there is any resistance to the suggestion or condescending remarks, ask them: "Well, how are your approaches working out?"

I would not hesitate to point out that the fix you suggest came from a highly qualified, intelligent, good looking, and customer-focused GM employee who shall remain anonymous. And it worked on his SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by GMJim View Post
    OK, thanks. Just to be clear - do you mean the hinges that are between the seatback and the seat (essentially where the seat folds), or the hinge with the large springs just below and in front of the seat by the footrest?

Much appreciated.

Josh

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Josh, I want to say it was between the seatback & seat. If I remember correctly (4 years ago), when I folded the
    seat down, it quit chirping, or not as much. I know what you mean though, it drove me crazy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.