Class or Dual Weave?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, Class or Dual Weave? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello all, I was thinking about getting a mesh grille on my 2007 SRX and debating whether to get the ...
    rey.junkmail is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

Class or Dual Weave?

Hello all,

I was thinking about getting a mesh grille on my 2007 SRX and debating whether to get the E&G Classic or Dual Weave. Any thoughts, ideas, and/or comments on which one to get?

Thank you in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: Class or Dual Weave?

Not everyone here is into customizing cars...

Could you post some photos of the choices?

You should do a search, as I recall reading some threads on installing your own mesh grills.

I want to fill those fake black holes on airdam with mesh that matches my sport grill... I'll do that some day, when I'm not blowing money customizing my motorcycles or my show car mustang.. LOL

5615mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD

Quote Originally Posted by rey.junkmail View Post
    Hello all,

I was thinking about getting a mesh grille on my 2007 SRX and debating whether to get the E&G Classic or Dual Weave. Any thoughts, ideas, and/or comments on which one to get?

Thank you in advance.
    Had a classic version of E&G installed on my wifes 08 SRX. Make sure whoever does the install, paints behind the grill......black. If not, you can see everything through the grill. The first time I went to pick the vehicle up after they said it was ready, the did not paint behind the grill. Had to leave the car overnight so they could correct the problem.

Re: Classic or Dual Weave?

Quote Originally Posted by 5615mike View Post
    Had a classic version of E&G installed on my wifes 08 SRX. Make sure whoever does the install, paints behind the grill......black. If not, you can see everything through the grill. The first time I went to pick the vehicle up after they said it was ready, the did not paint behind the grill. Had to leave the car overnight so they could correct the problem.
    Thanks for the advice. How strong is the metal on the grill? I'm worried that it would bend real easily if someone was to lean on it or I ran my car through a carwash. Thanks again.

mjk
    mjk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 srx v6

have the EG classic on my 04 and the mesh is very sturdy. No chance of making a dent unless you really try.

mjk

CaddyinKC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX AWD V6 Blue Chip Luxury and Performance Package

I would lean towards the double-weave. To me it is just a little different from others.

Fyreman235 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX n* lx/perf

I have the classic on my redline '05 and am very happy with it, although in the end it is a matter of personal choice. I had it installed professionally due to some posts indicating difficulties, and I am not terribly mechanically inclined. I posted a photo somewhere on this site. Good luck, and I would highly recommend the aftermarket grille, whichever one you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by 5615mike View Post
    I'm scheduled to get my grill installed next week. Is there a special type of paint that they used? Also, what parts need to be covered so it doesn't get any paint? I just want to know what to look for to make sure they install everything correctly. Thanks again.

tonygxp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Get it installed and like others have said paint everything black. I did this to my'07 here's some pics.. Install was a PITa beyond my wildest imagination.. Looks great when complete but was a disaster installing. certain areas were just a hair off, or the bumper being plastic was warped?? car was only a couple weeks old.. this is the dual weave.
    from this horrid looking thing...

to this!

before the factory wheels chromed.

Quote Originally Posted by tonygxp View Post
    Get it installed and like others have said paint everything black. I did this to my'07 here's some pics.. Install was a PITa beyond my wildest imagination.. Looks great when complete but was a disaster installing. certain areas were just a hair off, or the bumper being plastic was warped?? car was only a couple weeks old.. this is the dual weave.
    What kind of paint did you use on the back of your grill?

Fyreman235 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX n* lx/perf

Very nice, Tony. I couldn't stand that gray plastic grille, so I had mine installed a couple of years ago. What did it take to get your wheels chromed. They look fantastic!

John Carran

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Very nice look!

jfaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX N* AWD

I just installed E&G Classic Mesh this weekend and it is time consuming and patience is needed for such a precise grille. This was my second E&G install, so that helped and I knew what to expect. I will post some pix once she gets the spring cleaning and waxed.

I removed an E&G "Z" grille upper and a Precision Grilles one-twenty bumper mesh that I am going to either put on classifieds or ebay. Please send me a PM if you have an interest before hand. One member has 1st dibs on "Z" until I hear from him.

Thanks and TonyGXP that grille and wheels make your ride!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Tony and JF......you just ruined my day. What a difference! My wife likes the look too, and you know what that means......

jfaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX N* AWD

PJ: My wife saw the pix of Tony's ride and said the same thing...and she had an E&G on her ride. So easy to forget what stock looked like now. Like I said I swapped a Z grille for the Classic Mesh and have it available. If interested, either pm me or faz.justin@yahoo.com Thanks.

Maybe we need to start a new thread of"Post Pix of you new grille, before & after"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.