I love my friggin SRX4....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, I love my friggin SRX4.... in Cadillac SRX Forums; I gotta say after nearly a year of trouble free ownership and nearly 13,000 miles I can honestly say that ...
    ocabrera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 V6 SRX4

Cool I love my friggin SRX4....

I gotta say after nearly a year of trouble free ownership and nearly 13,000 miles I can honestly say that this has been so far a great automobile. This winter has really brought our a new level of appreciation for this car. My 2008 SRX v6 AWD is running General Altimax winter tires and this car feels like a sherman tank in the snow. My wife was away for the weekend and I got to drive it exclusively and I have to say she is spoiled...with colder temps about us I have been using the heated seats and heated steering wheel more and man it is sweet and luxurious. The car is sturdy, safe and it is just awesome on the highway. Yes not fantastic around town due to its sheer size and fuel milleage but on the hwy this car is up there in ride comfort and performance with just about any wagon/suv out there. It may not be the BEST at any particular feature (including interior space) but it does everything very, very well. I have to admit, my feelings maybe slightly different if my car was only 2wd. AWD on this thing is flawless.
    Also....I had a Parrot MKI 9100 implemented into the stereo and I have to say this bluetooth device brings the car to an even higher level of luxury.....bluetooth should have been made standard on these cars since 2007 and this was a huge oversight by GM but I digress. Having the luxury to freely speak into the cabin to friends and family while driving a safe, luxurious american car while having your buns and hands warmed up and slicing through ice and snow like a snowmobile is trully a great feeling....simply an awesome automobile and I hope to own it for a long time to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: I love my friggin SRX4....

Glad to see a good review. I hope it keeps providing you with great service.

jpettit is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX V-6 RWD

I agree. It is a world-class car. Unfortunately for GM and their customers, it doesn't get the credit it deserves. Shows up in the depreciation and used car prices. Other than a Suburban or van, very few vehicles have the usable storage space.

Darth Xed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

I have almost 21000 on my 08 SRX4 AWD V6...

I can honestly say this is the first time in a very long time that I am not already looking to jump to something new basically just for the sake of doing so.

And I've generally been a 'sports' car type person, with past daily drivers being a 99 Z28 6 speed, an 02 Monte SS, an 04 GTO, and a 06 Grand Prix GXP.

I lvoe my SRX, the sad part is that they don't build them anymore.... My wife's Envoy lease is up in about a year, and I would have seriously considered gettign a second SRX............. The new style SRX is probably too small for us, plus I don't like the idea of being a FWD based vehicle, and paying Cadillac money for a vehcile based on a a Chevy Equinox for the most part...

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

I've said this in the past and I think It's an important part of the way people feel about the 2004-2009 SRX is that there isn't another car like it wearing the Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Saturn or GMC badge.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xed View Post
    The new style SRX is probably too small for us, plus I don't like the idea of being a FWD based vehicle, and paying Cadillac money for a vehcile based on a a Chevy Equinox for the most part...

That is just such a weak statment and not totally true, they share a platform so what.

I sat inside the new SRX and yes it is flashier and more streamlined in the outside but it is smaller, does not have AWD and does not offer a third row option and it certainly does not looks as sure footed and rugged as the old SRX. Does it have the huge sunroof also? I do not know.
    Anyway, I got a great deal on my 08, v6, AWD, vista view, 3rd row SRX $36k out the door (bought in march of 2009 when the world was ending) it was 47k on the sticker NEW with 22 miles. I think Cadillac will sell more GEN2 SRXs and that is a good thing but for my cash the 08-09 is a fine value and overall a more mature automobile. If I wanted the new SRX, I would probably buy an MDX, or LEXUS first, as they probably outclass the current SRX but had difficulty matching up head to head with the old SRX on a feature per feature basis.

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    That is just such a weak statment and not totally true, they share a platform so what.
    well actually yes, we all know that building multiple cars on the same platform is a cost savings measure and a dedicated platform allows mo engineering liberty and unique designs per automobile.....for example, I would feel silly paying 10-15k more for a lincoln MKZ when I could get a ford edge for cheaper and essentially they are a similar with different interchangeable panels, engine tunning and tags. Nothing was more evident than when Infinity created the SUV based on the nissan pathfinder, the cars where nearly identical, one was just more plush. When you are using universal design methods to allow for multiple cars on the same paltform you have to make comprimises in design and to that end style and performance.
    So I would agree that I would prefer a single platform especially for a luxury car....

Darth Xed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Not weak at all. It's my money, and I'll spend it for the reasons I choose.

I've already shown I am willing to spend "Cadillac Money" on a unique product.

I am not, however, willing to spend "Cadillac Money" on what basically equates to a Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain with some upgrades.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I really like my 09 SRX. It drives great and looks good and is very functional.
    I goes through St Louis Snow, like a snowmobile.

I bought this because I wanted something bigger then my Audi Wagon, and I could not pass up the crazy deal I got (Sticker 52k, I bought for 36k, & SRX had 7k miles on it.)

But, I am a bit disappointed in GM over this car. I have had to take it in for way too many silly fix's, and I only wish GM put more effort into the Luxury features - (IE: The stuff the Asians and Germans put in their luxury cars.... Like - Bluetooth, Direct IPOD/IPHONE Interface, Heated Back Seats, Cooled Front Seats, Nav that works while driving, AutoTinting Passenger Mirror, Soft Glow Constant Interior Lighting, Memory for Passenger Seat.) My 04 Audi and all of these things.

I finally have all the bugs fixed, except the knob on the passenger air vent fell off last night.. and I have a loud knocking/rattle that is driving me NUTS, and neither the dealer nor I can find the source.

My daughter tells me this is her favorite car - out of all the cars I have owned prior. And SHE is PICKY! So there must be something to that!

I generally keep a car 3 to 5 years, depending on how much I like it... This will most likely be my last American Car, and Not because I expect it to last forever.

we'll you did buy a 7000 mile car and you have no way of knowing exactly how the car was treated prior to you owning it. My 08 has had not a thing fall off, crack, rattle, etc. in the year and 13000 miles that I have owned it, only 1 oil change done by me on it at 4500 miles. I am surprised that you are comparing this car to BMW and AUDI since I know that generally those are regarded as high maintenence (frequency and cost) cars. You are right, this car does not have that level of luxury but I think generally it does no aim for that market of buyers. As I said, it does not do anything THE BEST, but it does do most things very well.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Ocabrera, I am glad you like your SRX. I really liked the 2004 V6 RWD & 2006 V8 AWD i had. They were trouble free.
    My 2010 really isn't any smaller, even though it looks smaller. The rear storage is the same size. And yes it comes in AWD or FWD.
    I don't miss my old vehicles at all. The ultra view doesn't rattle on the new models!!!! That's a bonus.

I am not, however, willing to spend "Cadillac Money" on what basically equates to a Chevy Equinox or GMC Terrain with some upgrades.
    I bet you have not looked at let alone drove any of the three.
    I ordered an Equinox at 31.5K. When I drove and compared the SRX side by side with the Equinox,
    there was no comparision. The SRX was only 4.5K more.
    Maybe you should drive them, before you make judgement

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Not weak at all. It's my money, and I'll spend it for the reasons I choose.

I've already shown I am willing to spend "Cadillac Money" on a unique product.

Yet the MDX never gets called a Pilot, the A4 is not a real nice Passat is it why buy an RDX is just a nice CR-V right, no they are just similar cars.

Double standard when it comes to US cars.

You are correct, your money your chioce but I like the little things.

I had a quick look at GM.com and I think the cost is not that much more apples to apples, base cost is about 10k and you get way more base in the SRX.

To each thier own I guess, I would like one but too much for me so an 08 will replace our 04.

nascarnation is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX V6 AWD

We got ours for the occasional 7 passenger capability (grandkids).
    I don't see us in the new one.

Going back to the original post, we have an AWD with Blizzaks and it's a beast.
    Really impressive in the snow, and much better fuel economy than the Jeep we used for that previously despite being 1000 lbs heavier and more powerful.

Northern SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6

We love our '08 SRX-4 V6 and it has been flawless for its ~18k miles. I thought we'd miss the N* and MRC in our '04 but, honestly, only I notice the difference (this is SWMBO's ride).

Criticism of the features it lacks? Sure, I'll give you the BT and telescopic steering as those are fairly unforgiveable but its power hatch, panoramic sunroof, and sliding 2nd row were features that other manufacturers have since adopted - and we much appreciate them. And, while Caddy didn't invent pwr adjustable pedals, heated steering wheels and a power 3rd row, the SRX has them - and many of its competitors still don't.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.