annoying creeking near sunroof
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, annoying creeking near sunroof in Cadillac SRX Forums; anyone else have an annoying creeking around the sunroof. happends round turns on bumps and such. pisses me off like ...
    wacka888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy annoying creeking near sunroof

anyone else have an annoying creeking around the sunroof. happends round turns on bumps and such. pisses me off like a lot...poor build quality. got a 98 e320 with 100 thousand miles, and it doesnt make noise ever, thing is a vault....I love my SRX, but creeking and cracking kills me....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

samidj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

I also have an annoying creek....just don't think it's coming from the sunroof. Mine creeks when pulling in/out of my driveway, or any driveway, never head on. Just when 1 or 2 wheels make contact first. Sounds like the creeking is coming from the trunk, but who knows!!

Will wait a week or so & see what happens. (It only started last week)

wbfsrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i have the same annoying problem. It sounds like there is something loose up around the sunroof that rattles around when ever i hit a bump or even on slightly rough road. I can't seem to locate the exact location but it is definitly from around the sunroof. Little things like that drive me crazy

Johnz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have the same squeek but only when the sunroof is open. I seem to remember someone else having this same problem and the dealer fixed it. I'll have them fix mine when I take it in for my first oil change.

JKN
    JKN is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

Well, my SRX also does this, and I do believe it has everything to do with the sun roof, a very large piece of glass, and a fairly complex design. Mine only does this when I first get in the car, always once, maybe twice, mostly when the two front tires are over a dip, and one is over, the other not yet. Anyway, I think it has to do with the large piece of glass, and with the fact how rigid it is compared to the rest of the car. I am not saying this is an excuse, but this type of roof is complex, and very rewarding. I am not going to complain, anyway, if I am right, no dealer is going to be able to fix the problem. In fact, when I get to the dealer, it will not be doing it by that time. It is a design proble, probably not a manufacturing issue.

John

JKN, I think you're right. Thought the creeking was coming from the trunk, but it may be from the sunroof.

Is it worth mentioning to dealer? Can it be fixed, or just wasting my time?

Could get pretty annoying over time!! (Or it may just settle).

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

Wonder if this was why they gave $1,500 off for buying with no sun roof?

JDelorean_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 srx

Part of the reason gm is/has been giving a discount for no-ultra view is because the demand/desire for the roof has been more than double what they anticipated. (Originally 30% were to be ultraview, they are at 70% and climbing..) Hope the supplier can keep up, and still have a quality 'system' - as the entire roof is delivered, to the factory, as one unit. :coolgleam

oh btw, I've just started noticing a sunroof-based rattle, after just over 4k miles. It appears to be coming from the passenger side, above the front door. While traveling I've opened the roof, then closed, and the rattle appears to go away - I really hate to keep turning the sound up, as many dealers will advise with an internitten, non-findable problem.. :drinker

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i dont even know where the creeks i hear come from!

Bottom line........Can this creeking sunroof be fixed? Has anyone been successful?

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I also have an SRX V8 that has the same noise coming from Ultraview. I have put Armor All on the rubber gaskets that seal the roof and it seems to help some of the. I also put the Armor All on the driver door seals as they sometimes get creaky over bumps. It works. Either way it is unacceptable that a car that cost me almost $60,000 has such noise in the first place.

I did take the SRX to the dealer to look into the noise and they were not able to provide a fix ( of course they could not replicate the noise). One other problem I had was that the Ultraview stopped mid stream as it was closing.

The price we pay for buying first year models !!

Kay
    Kay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 1-month old SRX. I don't have a sunroof but I do get a creeking sound everytime I use my car (it seems to me that it comes from the rear). It happens when I am backing up, when I slow down, and whenever I am making a turn - basically, it comes off whenever I am driving really slow. I brought my car to the dealer and of course, the creeking didn't go away. I am wondering if anyone of you had this experience. I'm really frustrated because I am expecting a really quiet car from the price I've paid. By the way, I already had my 2 front doors fixed because of rattling noises.

I also had my front passenger door fixed, 12 days after taking delivery. Seems they (factory) forgot the insulation in door. Now I am left with an intermittant ticking from same door.

Love the drive, however, I too am not impressed with the fit and finish of this car. Everything, and I mean everything ticks, squeeks or creeks!!!!!!

To avoid the creeking sunroof, have to backup out of driveway straight out, no turning wheels, at a snail's pace. Making a conscious effort now but who knows how long that will last.

Will definately bring all these issues to attention of dealer the next time we go in for service a/o more serious issue.

sonjaab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Premium

Folks............Mom just finished her 3 day test of a v-6 SRX w/roof.

Nice vehicle...But she is undecided at this point.
    Dealer only wants to give $5k trade for her 98 Deville with 50k miles
    on a GM employee deal. Thats what I expected tho.

I noticed the creaking over bumps coming from the roof. Not too
    bothersome tho. Funny our Devilles are quiet like bank vaults with
    roofs ! Its been pretty rainy here tho. and no leaks.

I had a couple of T/As with t-tops also a 90 Deville w/roof that leaked
    like crazy and could never be corrected ! My 96 Deville had NO roof !!!
    Only wife NAGGING for one on our 03 and MANY water tests before I
    signed on the dotted line to make sure of NO leaks........LOL

.........geo

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

open the sunroof a bit and close it. or maybe keep ur finger up pressing it from the side all the time!

i think it has something to do with the metal expanding from the heat. during the day time this sound is hardly there as the temeprature here hits 45c. it always starts as im getting back from work and durig night time.

thats one big sunroof we got there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.