annoying creeking near sunroof - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, annoying creeking near sunroof in Cadillac SRX Forums; Not sure if this is 100% , but a salesman at a Cadillac dealer in Phoenix told me that his ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

Not sure if this is 100% , but a salesman at a Cadillac dealer in Phoenix told me that his service manager just infomed him that Cadillac just announced a RECALL on the Ultraview! For all of us putting up with this annoying problem this could be great news as they hopefully have a sure fix .

compfan03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Can anyone confirm this ultraview recall? Isn't there someplace on the web that posts this info. I am going in for service this week and it would be great to have the info if available. Thanks.

samidj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It's been exactly 2 months since dealer fixed my creeking sunroof. Silent for 2 months and now the creek is back, but not as loud or as often. We have a new sound: a constant "squeeeeeek" now coming from the roof! Could it be the cooler weather? Who knows!!!!

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by samidj
    It's been exactly 2 months since dealer fixed my creeking sunroof. Silent for 2 months and now the creek is back, but not as loud or as often. We have a new sound: a constant "squeeeeeek" now coming from the roof! Could it be the cooler weather? Who knows!!!!
    My service manager confirmed that they haven't received any fix for the sunroof yet.

samidj, I am sure it's the weather. The weather where I live is very hot in the day time and quite cold in the night. My creaks are night-time creaks :coolgleam

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

This is such a strange problem with certain Ultraview's . Mine is in the shop now for 3 day's and the creak is still coming through! To the Cadillac dealer's credit they are trying everything to pin point the problem and they do not want to let the SRX out of the shop until they find a fix.

An associate of mine purchased a late build '04 with Ultraview and has no creaking. I think it has something to do with the Dupont adhesive used to install the ultraview. Yes, they are glued onto the frame...

samidj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine is a late build 04 (April 26/04 to be exact, the 05's start up May 17/04) and, yeah, it occcasionaly "creeks & squeeks". Don't know if it's worth complaining to Cadillac Customer Service again! Whatever my dealer did 2 months ago was only a temporary fix cause the creeking is back sporadically.

I think I'll just wait a while & see if Cadillac will come up with a permanent fix for this annoyance felt by many of us!!!

BMWDON is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Those of you complaining about your creaking panorama sunroof should send a letter to Webasto in Rochester Hills MI, GM Zone Rep and the GM Lansing Grand River Assembly Plant in Lansing MI. Webasto designed and manufactures the modular panorama sunroof. At least you are the first on the block with a modular panorama sunroof from GM! There are reports that Webasto is having problems with the assembly fasteners loosening.

they do not want to let the SRX out of the shop until they find a fix.
    Then you could be waiting for a looooooong time.

tiranga008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Guys, got a call from my dealer this afternoon. They are going to try out "new bolts/screws". Apparently, that's been recommended by GM as a fix for the sun roof creaking and rattling - though the dealer rep went on great lenghts about it "not" being a recall - I think they have at last found a solution. So, all you guys suffering this terrible noise - go back to your dealerships and ask about the new bolts/screws for the ultra sun roof.

I will post my experiences here after I get the SRX back.

Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by tiranga008
    Guys, got a call from my dealer this afternoon. They are going to try out "new bolts/screws". Apparently, that's been recommended by GM as a fix for the sun roof creaking and rattling - though the dealer rep went on great lenghts about it "not" being a recall - I think they have at last found a solution. So, all you guys suffering this terrible noise - go back to your dealerships and ask about the new bolts/screws for the ultra sun roof.

I will post my experiences here after I get the SRX back.

Cheers..
    Torx? Dealer changed those in mine too. No use.

All was directed by GM.

tiranga008 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yes, the same... so, nothing really changed. However, GM has acknowledged the issue - I saw a "document" from GM describing the problem at the dealership - squeaking and rattling of the sun roof - goes away when the sun roof is opened and closed.. comes back after the car is driven for a few miles.

According to that problem document, the next step is to change the arm(s) that move the sun roof. They have ordered the part and it would take about 2 weeks .. so, they gave me the car back and when the arm(s) gets here it will replace the existing arm(s).

Again, will post the results when the arm is replaced...

Cheers

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I've been in several SRX's and I don't remember the creaking in any of them unless we went up a steep incline. Our driveway has a steep beginning and the roof would creak but that's the only time it would happen. If your roof creaks even when driving on rough roads service should be able to tighten or adjust something.

Mesawoman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same problem. Last week they "fixed it" and the noise is gone. The service manager told me about the bolt thing too. I was skeptical at first, but a week later, the squeeking is really gone.

syrob@MSN.COM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I heard a rumor that GM has put a hold on the roof at the factory, they are not installing them any more. Can anyone confirm this?

SYROB

JDelorean_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 srx

I finally had to let them have it. I was SOO tired of the near-geiger counter sounding clicking/rattle from the passenger-side front.

So, when I dropped it off for the free oil change, I told them "Whatever it takes..", gave them the details from this forum, the tech bulletin, webasto tech's, etc..

Then, they had an XLR waiting for me - Of course I told them to take their time, "..It's more important to do a "quality" job.." Hell, I was hoping they couldn't fix it for days...

Before closing I got the call - "..srx was ready, owner wanted to go home, could he have his car back.."

I'll be darned if the clicking/rattle wasn't fixed!

Comment on the service paperwork:
    Tightened front-right corner bolts, added insulation, test drove, no rattle.

Even had full tank of gas & a polish & buff. (I almost felt guilty, cause the XLR was bone-dry for gas..)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.