annoying creeking near sunroof - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, annoying creeking near sunroof in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Johnz I already brought mine to the dealer (See earlier posts) I am supposed to hear back ...
    Johnz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by Johnz
    I already brought mine to the dealer (See earlier posts) I am supposed to hear back from Cadillac today with a resolution or at least an update. I will let you know what they say.
    I got the call from the Cadillac customer service rep. He stated that there is no "definite" fix yet for the noise yet but but they are supposedly working on one. He will contact me every week with an update. (I have his name and direct # just in case he forgets) In the meantime he offered me free oil changes to ease my pain. I told him I had free changes from my dealer for the next 3 years. If nothing else, at least they are acknowledging me.

I will let you all know what is said in the next update in about a week.

timmyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

I got my SRX back yesterday and they fixed the noise. The tech stated that there was not fix for it in the system but they took off the headliner and drove it around until they could find out where is was coming from. Here is what they did "Removed headliner and found sunrood module tweaked. Loosen and retorque screws in sunroof assembly". If your dealer can not figure this work order out, I went to Delaware Cadillac and their number is 302-656-3100. They stated that my SRX was the only one they experienced this problem with but I am sure there is alot more out there! Good Luck.

John Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

fixed???

After 7 days finally got 'little red' back this morning - creak could not be heard on the 20 mile drive home - here's what they wrote on my receipt...

CUST STATES THERE IS A LOT OF CREAKING NOISE COMING FROM THE SUNROOF/CHECK AND ADVISE
    CALLED GM TECH LINE FOR INPUT ON THIS CONCERN/WAS TOLD TO INSTALL FOAM AND THE STOPS/INSTALLED POWDER TEFLON/SPRAY LUBE ON THE GLIDES AND STOPS
    COMPLETEDLUBE THE SUNROOF GUIDES AND STOPS/
    ROAD TESTED NO NOISE HEARD AT THIS TIME/

Per the service manager, GM tech is getting a lot of these calls. First fix was installing foam (I don't know where) - didn't work. Second was dry teflon lubricant - didn't work. Third was a silicon (I think) spray lube that seems to have done the trick. TIME WILL TELL!!!

JC
    johncaddy2004@yahoo.com

Unfortunately, lubrication is only a temporary fix because it won't last forever.

You got that right JohnZ! It lasted about 48 hours. Told my dealer today about the TimmyT/Delaware method - will schedule it for next week.

I complained to the on-line Cadillac customer service about the way the service center dealt or didn't deal with my sunroof noise. They said they would update me weekly as to the possible fix for the roof. Well, they neglected to contact me on the third week so I got back in touch with them.

Originally for my disatisfaction they offered me free oil changes and tire rotaions for a year. I have free oil changes for three years through my dealership and the ones they were offering were only good for a year so I told them I couldn't use them and would like something else. I ended up getting my full "Onstar" service extended for another year after my free year ends. About a $420 value!

mohmoh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnz
    ...Originally for my disatisfaction they offered me free oil changes and tire rotaions for a year.

Lemmie get this straight. In order to make up for bad customer service, they offered you free tire rotations on a vehicle which CANNOT have the the tires rotated because they are different widths front and rear???

Quote Originally Posted by mohmoh
    Lemmie get this straight. In order to make up for bad customer service, they offered you free tire rotations on a vehicle which CANNOT have the the tires rotated because they are different widths front and rear???
    Excactly!

I told them that myself. I took another year of Onstar and ran. I don't use it much but it's a peace of mind thing for my wife who drives it most of the time.

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

for me the dealer actually openned the sunroof and installed some plastic pieces somewhere and changed the torx and lubricated.

was good for like 5 days. no creeks on normal bumps, only on high inclines.

but after the 5 days i can now hear it a bit on normal inclines. the dealer said they've been talking with the support and got instructions from them as they have a number of owners with the same problem. but he said this is not a final solution. and i will have to lubricate the sunroof at least with every service.

i am sort of cool with it at the moment.

they also fixed the rattle in the door. thanks to the tips on these forums

timmyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The fix from Dealer is still good (knock on wood) and its been almost a month.

mastertech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Being a service technician at a Detroit area Cadillac dealership, I will tell you that we do not have a definite fix this issue yet. Please keep in mind that the dealership did not design or assemble these fine vehicles, and MOST of us have a sense of pride that demands we do our best to fix these issues as they arise. As with any new product, however, there always have been (and always will be) problems that leave us scratching our heads for a few.... we don't have the time like service engineers to research a single issue on a single car, as we are trying to make a check like everyone else. I try to spend a few minutes a day on this forum sharing any info I find, and trying to help out the average tinkerer with a few tips. I am not the authority on any given subject, but I'm always happy to save someone from making my mistakes. That being said, I truly enjoy this forum, and I hope more technicians and engineers will share any info they have to make all of our days a little easier!

JamesMarsh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I guess I really shouldn't be visiting this forum because I am just now noticing this creeking sound near my Ultravision - middle right hand side. It goes away when I turn the radio on . In my case it seems to be related to the recent cooler weather here in NY. It's a large piece of glass which is most likely reacting to the weather. That being said, it doesn't bother me too much, but I will bring it up with the dealer when I take the car in for service. Perhaps a lube or some other fix like retorquing is in order or maybe a solution will be found by then. Before it got colder (40s) the roof was as tight as a drum - no sounds whatsoever. This is a demo which I bought last month. Production date is 11/03. It's got around 7500 miles. Otherwise it's a fantastic vehicle. No other complaints (except for the exceedingly bad standard radio speakers - truly horrible). Hoping to upgrade the speakers when XM is available??!

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

In my younger days I had what I considered to be the dream job. I represented a field service force to the design and manufacturing engineering folks for a major computer manufacturer. That was back when computers were bigger than cars and as mechanical. We fought for what we called RAS (Reliability, Availability and Servicability). I wanted to do that ever since I worked in my fathers garage and wondered how some idiot dreamed up the access path to check the master cylinder on what I believe to be a 1955 olds. It was obvious that the idiot who designed this never had anything more than a beer can opener in ihis hand.

When I look at what it takes to change a bulb in the front bumper of an SRX, what the local Dealers people probably had to go thru in order to straighten out the front fenders on my SRX and the grief you guys are experiencing due to the design escape on the sunroof I am reminded that there still is a need for representing the practical side of life to the parts of life dominated by engineers.

Well Little Red's been in the shop for 16 days now (this time) getting the sunroof "fixed" - they've replaced the glass and the rails - now are waiting on new rails from a new manufacturer... no ETA.

According to the dealership and Cadillac customer service, there is no known cure for the creeking roof yet. I will live with the creeking noise and the free extra year of OnStar they gave me for my troubles until they have a definite fix for the problem. Then I will take it in.

Good luck.............

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.