annoying creeking near sunroof - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, annoying creeking near sunroof in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just sent a message on Cadillac.com for the same problem. I will pass on what they say....
    timmyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

I just sent a message on Cadillac.com for the same problem. I will pass on what they say.

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

anyone knows any line for overseas owners?

samidj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got my car back this PM and guess what? IT'S QUIET AS A MOUSE!!
    Only got to drive approx 20 Km (13 miles) but, believe it or not, not one creeking sound from the sunroof! Even over especially bumpy, cracked roads and in/out of my driveway.

Also, my passenger door is silent for the first time. "Lower Arm" recall done at same time. According to service tech, they spent 12 hrs just on the sunroof.

Bravo to these Cadillac techs!! Now let's see how long this will last!!!!!!!

Will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by samidj
    Got my car back this PM and guess what? IT'S QUIET AS A MOUSE!!
    Only got to drive approx 20 Km (13 miles) but, believe it or not, not one creeking sound from the sunroof! Even over especially bumpy, cracked roads and in/out of my driveway.

Also, my passenger door is silent for the first time. "Lower Arm" recall done at same time. According to service tech, they spent 12 hrs just on the sunroof.

Bravo to these Cadillac techs!! Now let's see how long this will last!!!!!!!

Will keep you posted.
    any ideas of what they have done?

I'm looking over the work order/invoice and trying to decipher (it is all in French) what was done.....so, here goes.

Took of the head lining and the glass......unglued the S moldings on all corners....worked on glass module....opened something with tick line....reinstalled all parts....reinstalled molding with 2-way tape, install rubber and glass of roof.

Maybe this makes some sense to some of you guys, I don't really know.

seems to me like they knew what they were doing.

i hope they have a TSB open for the sunroof now.

thanks and congratulations! hope the noise doesn't come back.

99DevilleDe'Elegance is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by pagpc
    mine sound is more of a "thump" when in or out of driveway.

pagpc
    I have the same thumping noise, sounds like the tire slapping the tar in the cracks. At first I thought it was the load leveling system pumping up. Check this: close sun roof but leave slider open. When noise starts, open your window a bit. The noise usually stops for me. Also if you push up on the front corners of the glass while it is making the noise it should stop. This makes me think that the seal on the sunroof has shrunk up and there is just enough play that the air pressure makes it thump like it does.
    I will be bouncing this theory off my local Caddy Service Dept. and will let you know if they have any brilliant ideas.

compfan03 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Does the build date have anything to do with the creak. Mine is 2/04 and I have it.

My build date is 4/04. And BTW, never had a thumping noise, even with the sun shade open (always) or closed. It was a definate creek.

But, now it is gone!!! Hopefully it will last.

John Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My ultraview creaking is getting unbearable! To the dealer on Wednesday...

JDelorean_srx is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 srx

If your crack is coming from the front=passenger side:
    a. There is a 'torx' screw/bolt in the corner, it's kind of hard to see from the outside, as the roof rail is in the way. But, that could be loose. I had a similar 'rattle'/ creeking sound - tightened it up. No rattle/creek.

I had a contact at the suppliers plant - they were fielding a number of 'tech' questions about the roof..(can't do anything else, he was let go today..)

timmyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac got back to me yesterday about my post to them on cadillac.com concerning the craking sound many of us have experienced. They stated that they had no information about this but told me to bring this issue to the dealer. I am sure that the dealer will have no idea how to fix it but here I go - got the appointment on Monday.

Johnz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I already brought mine to the dealer (See earlier posts) I am supposed to hear back from Cadillac today with a resolution or at least an update. I will let you know what they say.

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by John Caddy
    My ultraview creaking is getting unbearable! To the dealer on Wednesday...

I drove an 04 V6 AWD SRX for a couple hours on tuesday while my CTS was in for a recall, and did enjoy the vehicle. It had the ultra roof, and it DID make noise . I tried it with the roof open and closed, sunshade open and closed, and got creaking and rattling in all positions. This is something I could not live with on a car I was driving regularly. If I do decide to trade for an srx, I don't want one with the ultra roof.

mbsigman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Howdy all.

We too have the ticking noise from the roof on our 94 SRX. Our dealer has been beating his brains out trying to fix it. Determined that the noise was coming from the top of the B pillar. There are two welds up there, and they postulate that the welds may have come undone. They tried to get expandable foam into the space, but the space between the two metal roof plates is too narrow for the foam to get into. Then they tried injecting Loctite into the space with a syringe; no fix. GM Zone Rep says they are getting increasing complaints about this situation.

Dealer has been nothing short of fantastic about this and is working very hard to a) make us happy and b) work the problem. All other manufacturers and/or dealers would have done the "could not duplicate on ground, ops checked good for service" thing (in aviation we call that 'pencil whipping') and thrown it back in our faces. Moritz Cadillac in Fort Worth, TX has gone above and beyond trying to fix this. Will keep you posted.

Mike

Will keep everyone posted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.