annoying creeking near sunroof - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, annoying creeking near sunroof in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Samboosa open the sunroof a bit and close it. or maybe keep ur finger up pressing it ...
    Johnz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: annoying creeking near sunroof

Quote Originally Posted by Samboosa
    open the sunroof a bit and close it. or maybe keep ur finger up pressing it from the side all the time!

i think it has something to do with the metal expanding from the heat. during the day time this sound is hardly there as the temeprature here hits 45c. it always starts as im getting back from work and durig night time.

thats one big sunroof we got there!
    I only get the creaking sound with the roof is open, never when it's closed. Everything is quite as can be when the roof is closed.

samidj is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I've had my SRX exactly 9 weeks and thought the "creeky sunroof" would subside/settle in. WRONG!!!

Find it has been creeking more than usual. Can't find any connection to the problem (ie. heat, low speeds, etc.).

Am scheduled for a service next week and wonder if I should push the dealer to look at sunroof or not. Is it fixable? Has anyone had any success with a fix?

Since there are so many people with this problem, has there not been any TSB for this sunroof? Or have people not really complained to Cadillac?

Would like to hear some feedback from other SRX owners.

Samboosa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

just got the car today.

the dealer lubricated the sunroof and the cable thingy that it moves on.

drove the car for like half an hour no sound yet. will have to check in the evening when the temp is not as high as now.

creeks are still there. i doubt this problem is solvable.

Quote Originally Posted by Samboosa
    creeks are still there. i doubt this problem is solvable.
    Took my car in today for the first oil change and I was going to have then look at the creaking thing. Then I noticed it was gone! My wife drives the car mostly so I don't know when it went away. Oh well, we'll see what happens.

the sound in my car is clearly affected by the temprature.

during the day, in the heat of the sun its always perfect. no creeks.

i guess when winter strikes it will be really clear for the dealer.

Finally brought my car in to dealer today to check a couple of things, most importantly creeking sunroof. According to service guy, says it's fixable........
    Well, we'll just have to see!

Also doing "Lower Control Arm" recall.

Will let you know, hopefully tomorrow, if any or all of the ticks & creeks disappear!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnz
    Took my car in today for the first oil change and I was going to have then look at the creaking thing. Then I noticed it was gone! My wife drives the car mostly so I don't know when it went away. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
    Ok, get a load of this. The service dept. at the dealership said they heard the creaking noise but when they checked out a new car on the lot, it did the same thing so they noted on the work ticket "Test drove with a known good one and there are no abnormal noises from the sunroof area or shade" when I spoke to the service rep. he actually tried to defend the statement and then backed off and is writing me another service ticket stating that they heard the noise and it is not normal.

To make a long story short, I was told there are no TSB's for this problem so there is not a fix for it and until there is, they can't do anything about it.

To do nothing with it after hearing it is unexceptable and I am going as high as I can or have to at GM until I get the answer I deserve. I'll let you all know what happens.
    AmyinFL likes this.

maybe we just have to figure out how to fix it ourselves.

1- where EXACTLY does the noise come from?

if we can pin point the exact position i'm sure we can find a solution.

mack1a is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS Performance Level 2006 CTS

If you find it (and I hope you do) sell the solution to Cadillac, don't give it to them.

i donno maybe i am just fed up with the headache of all the problems and going to the dealer everyday.

but if i find the solution i'll post it for free on the forums! and i will NEVER inform the dealer.

i think we just need some rubber to stick at certain places and it's all solved.

they (the dealer) LUBRICATED it (and lubricated the leather seats while they were at it too - made a real mess for NOTHING).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnz
    Ok, get a load of this. The service dept. at the dealership said they heard the creaking noise but when they checked out a new car on the lot, it did the same thing so they noted on the work ticket "Test drove with a known good one and there are no abnormal noises from the sunroof area or shade" when I spoke to the service rep. he actually tried to defend the statement and then backed off and is writing me another service ticket stating that they heard the noise and it is not normal.

To make a long story short, I was told there are no TSB's for this problem so there is not a fix for it and until there is, they can't do anything about it.

To do nothing with it after hearing it is unexceptable and I am going as high as I can or have to at GM until I get the answer I deserve. I'll let you all know what happens.
    I e-mailed the Cadillac customer service about the whole issue and they responded immediately. They actually investigated it a little instead of just responding in a form letter. They knew I had a recall part replaced and they were investigating the sunroof issue and they are supposed to call or e-mail me on 9/8/04 with an update or solution. I will keep you all informed.

By the way. The service tech seemed to think the noise was coming from the shade when the sunroof was open and not the sunroof itself. The noise is a creak, not a rattle so I don't think that's it. I will try to investigate it further this weekend.

The fact that the noise is there is less of a concern to me than the fact that the service dept. wont even try to fix it without a TSB to tell them how to do it. They could document the problem all they want but it doesn't make it go away.

Johnz, go for it!!!

I'm supposed to get my SRX back today, we'll see what kind of story I'll get about my sunroof. BTW, Cadillac Customer Service is following up with my dealer re the creeking.

Everybody with this problem has to contact the customer service from Cadillac about this. They gave me a request # to follow up with them on it. Do not rely on the dealership to follow up with it. They won't do it.

Log on to Cadillac.com and click on the contact us buttom and fill out the form.

I even told them to log on to this forum and see the problems for themselves.

pagpc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

mine sound is more of a "thump" when in or out of driveway.

pagpc

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.