catalytic converter help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, catalytic converter help in Cadillac SRX Forums; I own a 2005 cadillac SRX v6 2WD, but catalytic converters of this car were broken several weeks ago. I ...
    Alwayszwy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

catalytic converter help

I own a 2005 cadillac SRX v6 2WD, but catalytic converters of this car were broken several weeks ago. I am going to buy 2 catalytic converters for this car, does anybody have any suggestions about where I can buy cheaper catalytic converters which can be fitted into this car since dealer asked for 1300 dollars for replacement.. a lot to me.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dctex99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Lexus RX350, Satin Cashmere Metallic

Re: catalytic converter help

they should be covered by the warranty if the car has under 100,00 miles,and they weren't damaged in an accident!!

david1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Correct,

Also any Midas or exhaust shop can weld them in.

Quote Originally Posted by dctex99 View Post
    they should be covered by the warranty if the car has under 100,00 miles,and they weren't damaged in an accident!!

Hi,
    The warranty is 100000 miles for catalytic converter? I came to the shope and they said the warranty is 8 years/80000 miles..
    I am not sure so that could you give me some advice. Also, do you know where I can buy catalytic converter for this car with cheaper price, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by david1 View Post
    Correct,

Also any Midas or exhaust shop can weld them in.

Hi,
    The warranty is 100000 miles for catalytic converter? I came to the shope and they said the warranty is 8 years/80000 miles..
    I am not sure so that could you give me some advice. Also, do you know where I can buy catalytic converter for this car with cheaper price, thank you.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

If you buy "cheap" non-OE converters, get ready to replace them on a regular basis.
    Often the catalyst bed is not up to the challenge of meeting the OE diagnostic tests for catalyst efficiency.
    The V6 has cats that unbolt from the manifold and they aren't too bad to service, "welding them in" in position is almost impossible due to the way they are installed.
    You can shop around but by federal law they have to be designed for that vehicle and they have to work for a period of 5 years or 50,000 miles after the installation.

For the record, the factory warranty on catalytic converters is 8 years or 80,000 miles from the day the vehicle was delivered as new.

louisn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 srx V-8 awd

Probably posted elsewhere, But FYI, I received a GM warranty EXTENSION in the mail for the catalytic up to 12 years and 200,000 miles. Mine is a north star. You can be reimbursed if you already paid.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i can cut you a deal on OEM converters

you'll have to pay the core charges (usually around $80 each) but if you send them back we'll credit you back the core charges

before shipping and the core charges they will cost $380 + $420
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

tonyh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 srx

does anyone know how to remove the heat shield on a 2005 srx 3.6L catalytic convertor. Access is above and very difficult. There is a wiring harness above the heat shield and I'm not sure how to move it. Help. tonyh

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Just the bolts on the heat shield and it should come off. Have you removed the engine cover for better access?
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

tonyh is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 srx

Thanks Glake89, I have not removed anything yet I just can't see the bolts I can feel one bolt however like I said there is a wiring harness on the side wall just above the heat shield and I not sure how it's attached Thanks tonyh

DougC.. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

ditto on the extended warranty. We've got 170,000 on ours and just had both converters replaced free at the dealership last month.
    however I think this might be for specific VINs. Call them, and have them look it up for you.

Good luck

lorim61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Cadalytic converter help, we have a 2005 srx and the cadalytic converters went bad the dealer replaced them because of a recall that was in 2012. Now they are bad again and they said it was over a year and or 12,000 miles and they will not take care of it again. Does anyone know when a recall is invoved what is the dealerships responsibility?

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

I believe Fed law says a converter must last 80,000 mi. Check into that.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by lorim61 View Post
    Cadalytic converter help, we have a 2005 srx and the cadalytic converters went bad the dealer replaced them because of a recall that was in 2012. Now they are bad again and they said it was over a year and or 12,000 miles and they will not take care of it again. Does anyone know when a recall is invoved what is the dealerships responsibility?
    Hello lorim61,

I apologize your vehicle catalytic converter is bad again. Can you please private message me and include your VIN and current mileage? I would like to gather additional information on your behalf.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.