catalytic converter help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, catalytic converter help in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by lorim61 Cadalytic converter help, we have a 2005 srx and the cadalytic converters went bad the dealer ...
    1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by lorim61
    Cadalytic converter help, we have a 2005 srx and the cadalytic converters went bad the dealer replaced them because of a recall that was in 2012. Now they are bad again and they said it was over a year and or 12,000 miles and they will not take care of it again. Does anyone know when a recall is invoved what is the dealerships responsibility?
    If its a v8 they are covered for 12 years 250k under extended coverage policy. Only for 04-05 LH2 N* powered cars.

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 3.6 Premium, 1999 Corvette,370 RWHP & other mods

Re: catalytic converter help

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    I believe Fed law says a converter must last 80,000 mi. Check into that.
    I googled around and found that the Fed law says new aftermarket converters must have a 5yr/50000 warranty on the converter shell, casing and end pipes and must meet emission standards for 25000 miles if the vehicle has been properly maintained.

Bill

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

If installed by a dealer it should have 25,000 mile warranty

If only purchased at dealer and installed elsewhere only a 12 month warranty
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Dfd1143 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

This is so frustrating. I realize this is an old post and quit possibly won't be read. I've never owned a cadilac but have always had a GM or chevy truck. I bought my fiancé a 2005 Cadillac srx. Within a week the check engine light comes on with a code showing cadilitic converter issue. One of them was changed in 2009. It's disappointing with all the issues they've had with the v8 that it wouldn't carry over to the v6.

mbynum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I own an 05 AWD SRX V6. Catalytic Converter needs to replaced for sure. At first I was told I was covered since my VIN was on their list of approve vehicles. Now I'm told that an inspector needs to see the car and approve/disapprove the repairs. So I'm getting mixed messages from my dealership on this. I will post as soon as I get an answer. Meanwhile I would love to hear from anyone who has a V6 AWD and was approved or denied.

mbynum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So here is the latest on my SRX. The dealer has agreed to replaced the CC and cover the cost. Yeah!!!. I took me convincing them that GM agreed
    to do this by showing the Service Letter from GM. If needed, I can post a link. They had to verify that my vehicle qualified by checking the VIN and
    having an inspector look at the car and the paper work. For me, persistence paid off. My advise, go back to the dealer with the facts printed and
    don't give in. Talk to the Service Manager or Dealership Manager is necessary.

camara is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX

Hi mbynum, what are the requirements? I've gotten mixed signals on this forum as to what stipulations GM has in place. My is an 04 AWD 6cyl with about 135k.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.