Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Nav Disc 25979939

11K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Professor Wizard 
#1 ·
Looking for p/n 25979939. Does anyone know if it can be found anywhere besides GM? I've searched Ebay and the Forums and nothing. Just hoping to find it for less than 200 bucks.

#2 ·
I know that you just bought your SRX.
Did you buy it from a Caddy dealer?
Is it CERTIFIED?

If it is CERTIFIED...I think you get one free update for the NAV...but you have to actually call the nav disk center.

Other than that...be patient and keep looking on ebay.
One will turn up shortly.

Texas Jim

#7 ·
Considering I spoke to the rep at the number on the website and she said that nothing appearance wise has been changed. She claims that it only updates the roads, POI's, etc. Which is what you get it for, but it would be nice if it updated the appearance which leaves something to be desired compared to my 3 year old Magellan.

#8 ·
The disc that came with the '07 that I purchased last week was the original one (Part # 15931508). I got on the web site, entered my VIN and was linked to a price list which was $199.00 for either of two updates, or a sale price of $99.00 for the one I already have. I e-mailed them and stated that I thought I was eligible for one free update. In less than an hour, I received an e-mail back confirming that I was eligible for one 2009 update, but that I would have to order it by phone. I did this, and they say it will be mailed in a week. Freebies are nice!! The only odd thing about this is the original price list showed that the updates are currently unavailable.

Terry

#15 ·
Does anyone know... If I upgrade the disc, does the system make better choices for routes? I've got an 06 SRX, and some of the ways mine wants me to take are really crazy!! I hate to invest the $$ if it just adds new streets and POIs, but I would gladly spend it if it made the system better!

thanks!

#16 ·
Well... The 2010 GM Nav Disk is out for our units... Part number is 20861673

AT the time of this posting the going rate on EBay is $180 with shipping... Of course GM Wants $200 Plus Shipping.

The reviewers say there is no firmware update - so your units will function exactly as they do - no change.

Also, the reviews state only moderate road updates, and if any roads are less then 2 years old, there is a very good chance they will not be on this Disk.

In general, everyone is saying this disk is not worth the money - wait until the 2011 disks come out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.