So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Anything wrong with your SRX out of the box ????? I'm getting ready to take my 09' SRX to the ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Anything wrong with your SRX out of the box ?????

I'm getting ready to take my 09' SRX to the shop to get those "little things" fixed.

These are the things I hope to have worked on!

NAV/RADIO WILL NOT TURN OFF:

When the Power Button is pressed, instead of the unit going off and “dark”, it goes quiet, and presents a very annoying bright blue screen. Should not be presenting blue screen. Screen should go off and dark when hitting power button off. Current work-a-round is to go Menu/Display/Display OFF then turn Volume Down. This gets annoying sometimes. I have no clue with the dealership will do with this one!

DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR:

Drivers side door mirror has reflection mirror flaws, which cause a ripple in the View. This is annoying and distracting, especially at night. I hope to get GM to replace glass! * NOTE: No – it is not the window tinting or glass, verified with window down.

Also: I'll have the dealer check heating system on Mirror – Drivers Side Mirror takes 3 Times as long to clear fog/mist/ice as passenger mirror, indicating a flaw in the heating system.

TRANSMISSION SHIFT PROGRAMMING:

Transmission down shifts from 5th to 4th way too easily and too often when in drive, especially on the highway with Cruise engaged. With slight acceleration or slight incline without acceleration the car will lurch and downshift. This is actually very dangerous when running with cruise control as it causes the car to lurch forward unexpectedly. Can’t run cruise on highway, if there is the slightest incline, unless you remember to put shifter into sport / manual mode – 5th.

Putting Shifter in M5 stops the annoying down shifting, but then you have to remember to put it back into drive for stops and town driving.

I am hoping the dealership will reprogram computerized transmission shifting parameters.

DRIVERS DOOR DROPS:

Drivers’ door “drops” when Opening. Please adjust so this won’t create problems in the future. The other doors seem to align fine.

WATER DRIPS:

AC drips cold water on Drivers Foot. My Wife expressed concern of damage to expensive shoes. I'm am concerned because drips turn into floods with cars!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

I had my driver mirror replaced under warranty a few months ago, at about 42K miles. It still warms more slowly than the passenger mirror, but it does work eventually.

USAFRET is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe A6 w/RECARO's

So far I have only ONE complaint with my CPO 2009 V6 RWD SRX that has 20,500 miles on it, and ONE observation.

Complaint: The omission of Bluetooth.

Observation: Poor fuel mileage. We just went through 10 days of abnormally HOT weather here in St Louis and I was surprised how much of an impact it had on my MPG. It dropped by a full 2 MPG. I fill up every Sunday and religiously track my MPG by HAND. But even under ideal conditions its fuel mileage is bad.

Else my wife and love our pre-owned 2009 SRX and we are very picky. Hell I've already applied 6 coats of Zaino Z2-PRO. The Crystal Red just glows and looks a foot deep. It's spectacular.

I am thinking how nice some chrome wheels would look. So I'm out looking for some OEM 18" chrome wheels.

bond2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 SRX V8 AWD 20" Sport

I got my 2007 slightly used at 9k miles, so I am not sure what was fixed prior to me getting the vehicle, but here is my list of issues:

1. Cruise Control stopped working(computer was reflashed)
    2. brake pads had to be replaced at 15k miles (did it myself, got perf ceramic pads)
    3. Ultraview or something above driver side head creaks in sub 50 degree weather(never resolved after 3 dealer visits, now I am just used to it)
    4. The glass panel on the top of the car that covers the ultraview motors shattered as I went over a pothole or something(insurance covered 50% of new panel, I installed myself)

I think that's all and I have 36k miles now. Its a great highway cruiser, so smooth and very comfortable. Overall I am very happy with it.

ericzoom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08' SRX

I lease my 08' SRX V6, and surprisingly very little problems in the 18 months I've had it.

Slightly squeaky brakes, when going backwards out of driveway in the morning.
    Need a wheel alignment badly, cause rear tires are starting to wear on the outside of the treads.
    Tranny doesn't shift the smoothest, but i'm immune to it, cause my Mazda6 Jatco isn't exactly the smoothest ATX around.
    Nothing else at 15k miles. (knock on wood)

RobVuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX V8 AWD Sport

I bought my new 08 in October of 07. Within a month I had a problem with the valve train clatter at start up. It was fixed and I haven't had a single issue since. 24,000 miles now.

ocabrera is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 V6 SRX4

I really love the car in the highway, but if I am going to nit pic I am going to have to say I hate the ridiculously wide walls to either side of the cargo space. The subwoofer (essentially useless) and the onstar system ( i like) are built into the sides of the cargo area and they rob at least 2-3 inches per side of storage space and cargo room. Storage place in general is kind of weak. I could also have done without the bose system, an amp on each speaker sounds like a horrible waste of space and resources.

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

The only thing I can think of is the passenger seat lumbar switch is a little loose. Design-wise, the side bolsters on the seat bottoms were too firm, so I went to an upholstery shop which cut out a center section and replaced it with softer foam padding. Visually identical, but more comfortable on long trips.

w3jn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

08 SRX: only problem in 18000 miles was the right windshield washer sprayer cracked at the base and sprayed water on the engine rather than the windshield. Cheerfully repaired in < 1/2 hour by Fitzgerald Cadillac in Frederick MD.

heccercal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX 2006

my 2007 has front turn signal/daylights burning out three times now, dealer has replaced it each time, but keeps on burning lights out, it is shame that they can't correct it and the pain of having to do all day job for a bulb change, other then that it is a great highway car

jwoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 V8 AWD

Easy to turn off daytime running lights (unless you have a Canadian car): just rotate outer ring on left control stalk towards you.

robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

Quote Originally Posted by heccercal View Post
    my 2007 has front turn signal/daylights burning out three times now, dealer has replaced it each time, but keeps on burning lights out, it is shame that they can't correct it and the pain of having to do all day job for a bulb change, other then that it is a great highway car

We had our left TS/DLR lamp "go out" 2 times, but neither time had the lamp failed. The problem was the plastic lamp-base had warped just a bit but enough to break the electrical contact in the socket. (We now have 2 "good spare" lamps with warped bases) We searched for a replacement lamp with other than plastic base, found one with a bakelite base and problem appears to be solved. Suggest checking your old lamps.
    Good luck.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Update:

I am starting to think I got a lemon!

I haven't taken my SRX in yet for the issues I listed opening this thread, Instead I decided to wait a bit, build a list, and then have everything fixed with one drop off.

In addition to my original items I have had a couple more things show up.

The Chrome Laminate on the Drivers Interior Handle is cracking and flaking off, with very sharp edges that cut your finger when trying to open the door!

My Universial Garage Opener doesn't work worth a crap. If it works at all, I have to be within 10 feet of the door, and even then it takes 3 to 5 hits of the button before it does anything. ALL other remotes work from 100 feet away, including HomeLink remotes in cars. This is the ONLY Remote that gives me grief.

Very annoying to have to move my car around in my driveway to try to get the garage door to close. (No :: I refuse to order a hand held unit.. I already have one of those for one door because GM choose NOT to use HomeLink and that door only works with those.)

robhersch is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX N*V8 RWD; 1999 DeVille Concours

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Update:
    I am starting to think I got a lemon! ......
    My Universial Garage Opener doesn't work worth a crap. If it works at all, I have to be within 10 feet of the door, and even then it takes 3 to 5 hits of the button before it does anything. ALL other remotes work from 100 feet away, including HomeLink remotes in cars. This is the ONLY Remote that gives me grief.
    Very annoying to have to move my car around in my driveway to try to get the garage door to close. (No :: I refuse to order a hand held unit.. I already have one of those for one door because GM choose NOT to use HomeLink and that door only works with those.)
    Our 2005 SRX has the original eqpt 3 button opener (Homelink or ??) installed on the driver's visor; and it works with 1) a very old Chamberlain screwdrive unit with a frequency that you cannot even buy replacement remotes for, 2) a several year old Genie with settable code digital receiver, 3) a nearly-new Genie with "intelli-code?" changable codes.
    All 3 activate from ~ 60-80 ft away regularly without fail.

What is your "universal" remote? Was it OEM with your SRX??
    Good luck!!

cutterman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Edition

2009 CPO V8 AWD

Had it now for 2 months. Only problem so far was the jack compartment leak which I fixed by adding sealant to the weatherstripping.

I personally like the shift programming for highway driving. I like the downshift when I want to gently accelerate.

The omission of bluetooth was a problem. I just finished installing a Parrot MKi9100 unit with the bluetooth lockpick and am pleased with the operation. It also adds ipod/USB connectivity which I wanted as well. There are some details of the install that I would be happy to share with anyone interested in this configuration.

I also added a class 3 hitch with the factory harness. Originally was planning to use the factory hitch but a) they were hopelessly backordered and b) I am happier with the 2 in receiver since I dont have to use a clunky adapter now.

My next project is mounting snow tires on some 18 in SRX rims. Got the rims on ebay and waiting for the TPMS units to arrive.

So I am a happy customer. I did purchase the GM extended warranty just in case. . .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.