So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by conedoctor The MKT has some specs but the style is just so wrong, it is even uglier ...
    sgilbert is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ('04 SRX N* AWD) '11 Lincoln MKT AWD

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Quote Originally Posted by conedoctor View Post
    The MKT has some specs but the style is just so wrong, it is even uglier than the new TL and that is saying something.
    Do you like the MKX better? I think IT is ugly! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder! My only complaint is that Lincoln chose not to put the new Lincoln Touch in the MKT (although my Sync system is fantastic)

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

MKX is nice.

The MKT is just a bit too long as well and if I were to go with a super long car like that I would look at R class as well.

Im just really sold on the X5 and will own one summertime I hope.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I just haven't found something that impressed me as much in design as the SRX.

I honeslty don't understand why GM choose to shrink the platform... they could have just done a simple body redesign, and elimited some of the "Issues" like impossible to change lightbulbs and most current SRX people would have upgraded to a 2011.

I am hoping most of the important things are fixed for the time being. Obviously, I have to just deal with the idiot design features like the GPS not turning off and skippy shifting in cruise. But I've found work-arounds for most such things.

I've decided I am going to keep my SRX for a while longer - - at least until it is time to replace the timing chains again. (I estimate that to be around 50k miles.)

I am - very happy - I purchased the extended warranty, as something tells me I am going to need it.

Update April 2011

I pick my SRX up from the shop today.

it went in for the Timing Chain - Oil Change Monitor Re-Program Recall.

I also had them look at the Sun Roof - - Metal on Metal grinding noise... They found some broken tabs and replaced them.

I complained AGAIN about the annoying rattle/tapping in the head liner - - they ask me to wait and see if the sunroof work fixed the problem.

Air Pollution test (Plates are due) - I suppose it passed.

and since it only had 5% left on Oil Monitor, I had them change the oil. (Have to give some business to my Local Caddy Dealer, or it will go belly up and I'll have to go out of my way for work.)

They gave me an 10' DTS to drive. Not a bad car, but I wouldn't buy one if I were in the market for a Luxury Sedan - to many others in the price range that are much more luxurious.

I do like the digital clock on the Nav Screen - - The faceplate looks like the one in our SRX's.. I am thinking of trying a junk yard swap to see if it will fit/work.

That is it for now... the second year has gone much better then the first year - except for the timing chain thing.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Professor.....your report tomorrow should be interesting.

My UltraView roof has developed a slight rattle around the front headliner as well, driving over the rougher, pothole filled roads, where the where the pavement is patched. Accompanying that, a slight front suspension area rattle has returned. The dealer fixed this exact issue @ 27K miles or 22K miles ago, right after I first took delivery......."worn insulators on the front swaybar" was the diagnosis and the replacement of the insulators cured it.

Guess it is that time to make an appointment with the dealer and get these things squared away.

PJ

PJ... do you cross rail-road tracks on a regular basis.

No suspension issues what-so-ever on mine.

headliner rattle is still there... The documentation from my service call states they could not duplicate - - which tells me they didn't really drive the car anywhere, because it rattled on my way home from the dealership.

I have to take her back. Before, and the entire time I've had this car, the sunroof sealed shut quietly and seamlessly.... .. NOW there is a huge Jerk and loud THUNK just as it closes. This made me climb up and look at the roof while a friend opened and closed it. Since I was up there, I noticed the rear seal that goes across the entire back of the glass is like 1/8" from reaching the glass. (but you can see indentation where the glass used to rest on the seal.) and the seal has a quarter size crush flat space like someone pried something against it on the passenger side. So I am assuming the glass now sits 3/8" forward from it's factory position. So I'll be asking for a new seal while it is still under warranty.

Since I have to take it in - I will repeat the complaint (3rd time) on the headliner rattle.

Side Note: My car has 38K on it... the dealership put a sticker in the window when they changed my oil, recommending my next oil change at 41K... :O

No, Prof, I cross RR tracks only a couple times a month.

Re the clunking in the front suspension on rougher roads.....it is gone! @ 27,000 miles the swaybar insulators were replaced and that cured the problem until I hit 47,000, and then the noise returned. I assumed the right front insulator went bad since the dull clunking was the same, only this time on the right front. Last Friday I had brakes and rotors done, watched the whole procedure. They touched nothing else. But when I drove home the front clunk was gone!!! Drove about 150 miles over the weekend and the noise has not returned.

Go figure.

My UltraView roof still rattles a little bit up by the headliner, sounds like in the center. Think I will check as you did how the glass sits back and front and look to see any telltale signs of shifting like you discovered with the indentations on the seals.

Funny you should mention the oil change sticker from the dealer indicating a four thousand mile change interval. My mechanic recommends 7,000 on Mobil1 synthetic , yet the sticker he put on the car indicates 5,000 miles for the next one......and I have the N*. He must be lonely and wants to see me more often. Either I am popular with him or my wallet is.

PJ

Picked up my SRX last night.

Dealership replaced the front and rear rubber seals, and test drove to check for wind noise. Works fine now.

Looks MUCH better!

I'm happy - - - till next time.

Prof.........thank you (a lot) for this info you have shared on the UltraView rattle up by the headliner. It will give me something to go on with my Dealer when I take the SRX in. I think I will take a spin around the neighborhood proximate to the Dealer to find a road surface where I can easily replicate the rattle.....then take a tech for a spin back to that spot. My Dealer is 22 miles (one way) from my place, and I don't want to go there more than once to get this straightened out.

PJ

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

The front end rattle you heard could have been the calipers rattling. There was a tsb on this a while back.

G32006SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX V6 AWD

2006 Cadillac Srx Service Brakes, Hydraulic Service Bulletin 128439
    NHTSA: Action Number: 10016555 Service Bulletin Number: 128439

Report Date:
    Component:
    Service Brakes, Hydraulic
    Summary: Rattle noise in front end over bumps that goes away with light brake apply. *tt

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

PJ1520, could you keep us up to date on how your trip to the dealership goes? Thank you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

PJ... all this stuff did NOT fix my rattle.... it is still there.

The dealership always gives is back saying they can't reproduce - - which tells me they are either have deaf mechanics, or didn't really take it for a test drive, because I have no difficulty reproducing it.

My noise is behind me somewhere - - the sound is the exact sound as if you tapped a plastic coated wire against a piece of tin. It happens when ever the SRX Flex's going over non-smooth roads. If I gently pull down on the the headliner by grabbing the corner of the sunroof hole, the sound stops for as long as I tug on the headliner. I used to have a rubber block I stuck up there between the liner and the sunroof, but it fell out one day and I lost it. The good news it the noise IS Temperature related - - it only does it below 55 degrees, and above 90 degrees... so we are about to enter the temperature window where it will be quiet for a while.

I mention this rattle every time I take the car in... .... I think they are trying to duck out of working on it until the warranty expires, that way GM gets out of of cost of fixing it - because it really is not that difficult to reproduce - all you have to do is actually drive it somewhere!

I am tempted to force the counter guy to go for a ride with me from the dealership to my home and back... it always rattles on my street.

One of these days I will get someone else to drive so I can sit in the back seat and trace the source or location of the noise.

Until then I have a a Tapillac.

Stillrollin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX AWD V-6

I only recently purchased my '08 SRX AWD which now has 1300 miles added to the 21000 that was on the OD when I made my purchase.
    So far, I have found nothing to be amiss with the vehicle, but am using this wonderful site to apprise me of any future potential problems.

jackhayes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Red Tint

I bought our red 2008 V8 Sport last week and could not be happier. I read the forums but bought a car with 20k miles anyway because I figured if it was going to break it would have done so by now. The history shows only a battery replacement at 9k. Love the car but the jury is still out on the extended warranty as I am getting to the age where I'm not thrilled with fixing things.

Love it -- so far!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.