So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; The creaking in the headliner that you are talking about, does it kind of sound like styrofoam on styrofoam rubbing. ...
    04-srx-V6 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Srx

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

The creaking in the headliner that you are talking about, does it kind of sound like styrofoam on styrofoam rubbing. Our '04 is making a sound like that on cooler days right behind the driver side vent in the back seat. It was really bad this last winter. The roof had a little bit of ice on it and I thought it was that, but the noise persisted even with a clear roof. Also, we went on a road trip last fall along a two-lane road and used the sport-mode 4th gear for engine braking on the long descents. The trans would hold that gear for a while, then kick out, touch the gas and it'd kick in for 10 seconds, then cut back out. Took it to the dealer for our $67 free oil change, asked them about it, said it was normal. 3rd holds back fine, though.

Cadyman77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX-V AWD & 2004 SRX V6 AWD & 1978 deville

hey i got one for you guys i had to put a tranny in mine with 70000 on it i am here to tell you that is a piss me off ......no warrtary did find one out of a yard not so bad only $1400 after putting it in Guess i really should have thought about that before doing that smokey nueterl dorp....... LOL oh yeah there went 1st gear good thing they have the sport shift you can put it in sport shift and drive it drove it for 500 or 600 miles that way try doing that for a while but now i have the habit of driving it in sport all the time love my SRX one of the best cars i have ever bought
    CADYMAN

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Nice price,Cadyman. I'll bet the dealer approach would have cost you 3-4 times as much.

The Wrench is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '08 SRX V6

Well, we took a little 500 mile trip, and I was reminded again just how uncomfortable the SRX is for my long legs. I'm 6'1", and just cannot stuff my legs under the dash and still reach the steering wheel without hanging my arms out like a chimp. The only relief is the cruise control.
    When we first drove a demo model around the block, I felt the cramped seating, but the sales guy said to get the adjustable pedal option, and that would fix it. Well, we did, but the pedals only adjust towards you, not farther
    away.

I am actually beginning to research how I can install a wrecking yard telescope wheel in my car. I'll bet the wiring harness is all there.
    Biggest deterrent would be changing the air bag, which is always scary.

DG

Quote Originally Posted by The Wrench View Post
    Well, we took a little 500 mile trip, and I was reminded again just how uncomfortable the SRX is for my long legs. I'm 6'1", and just cannot stuff my legs under the dash and still reach the steering wheel without hanging my arms out like a chimp. The only relief is the cruise control.
    When we first drove a demo model around the block, I felt the cramped seating, but the sales guy said to get the adjustable pedal option, and that would fix it. Well, we did, but the pedals only adjust towards you, not farther
    away.

I am actually beginning to research how I can install a wrecking yard telescope wheel in my car. I'll bet the wiring harness is all there.
    Biggest deterrent would be changing the air bag, which is always scary.

DG
    Wrench.....I'm about 5'9" with the opposite problem. With the adjustable pedals closest to the floor and my legs comfortable, I'm still reaching uncomfortably far for the steering wheel.

I just raise the front of the seat bolster which effectively raises my knees and thighs, pulling my feet back and off the pedals. Then I move the seat forward so I can reach the pedals. As a result of moving the seat forward, I can then reach the steering wheel more comfortably. Seat adjustments are your only hope, but I'm certain you have tried every adjustment possible.

A telescoping steering wheel for me sure would be nice. When my wife climbs into the drivers seat when it is adjusted for me, she says the position is worse than the position she is placed in at the gynecologist's office.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Cadyyman... Man - sorry to hear that! But your case is exactly why I purchased an extended warranty! I figure if GM thought the car would go 100k without a problem, they would have covered it for that long!

SRX - the sound mine makes is more like a plastic coated wire tapping against metal. I have not gotten it fixed yet - - for now I just stuck a rubber block between the headliner and the window.. works flawlessly in preventing the noise.

Wrench...
    Man - I feel for you! At 5'8" the SRX seating configuration works perfectly for me... I am actually disappointed that GM didn't put Telescoping columns on the SRX - hell Caddy invented them! They should be on ALL Caddies!

But - I'm thinking it would be a LOT of work finding and retrofitting one!

Have you tried sitting on a stack of telephone books?

Cadyman77 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 SRX-V AWD & 2004 SRX V6 AWD & 1978 deville

i really thought the tranny would be stronger than they are the tranny shop that put it in said the france trannys are not that good hope i dont do it again it is so hard not to have a good time they it really rains on paride of maybe putting a 4.4 liter in think i would break more stuff but be fun for a while i think

cbramsey5898 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX

I purchased a certified Pre-Owned SRX (2007 with 32K miles) and have had a couple of issues with it.

I had a problem with the Ultra View roof stopping while closing. This was a lubrication and roof adjustment issue. There was also a piece of weatherstripping that was distorted that needed to be replaced. It appears to have been fixed.

I have an unresolved problem of wind noise coming from what appears to be the passenger side of the car. I first thought it was related to the sound system. However, when I mute the audio, the noise continues. I only have this issue when the wind kicks up. When the wind is calm, there is no issue.

Is there something I am missing here???

Regards,

Charles

JD2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

the shape of the srx contributes to a weird noise from the side of vehicle when driving through strong cross-winds. Experienced it several times on the prairies. Perfectly normal.

CB..........I believe the road tests by the car mags noted wind noise coming from the side view mirrors, at least from 04 to 08. Folks on this forum have had their doors rehung for a better fit and to resolve a wind/water issue. Just some thoughts.

How bad is it?

cbramsey5898 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac SRX

The wind noise is a nuisance especially when experiencing cross winds.

I will get with my dealer to investigate what can be done.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

With your CPO warranty that is exactly what you should do. Taking it to the dealer should yield the best results especially when under warranty. If you keep experienceing this issue you can reach out to me and I will do my best to help you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

CB......re the UltraView stopping and reversing on an express close. The dealer got mine operating correctly again for a while. Then it reverted. But the stopping and reversing itself thing has gotten better using it a lot and with the temperatures rising in my neck of the woods.

I need to start my own SRX operator's manual for the workarounds.

My SRX is going into the shop....

The Major issue is... 2 days ago car started really really rough... I quickly turned it off, restart and everything seemed OK... Yesterday, car started really really rough,and ran like it was all out of wack... again I turned it off, but this time it left a CEL... Today I had OnStar read me the code... P0008 - - researching that, comes back "Replace Timing Chain". So, at 25K miles, my SRX goes to the Hospital to see if that is the problems.

While they have it - - the stupid black piece of plastic at the top of my windshield is buckled and sticks up.. I'll be having them fix that.

I guess I'll have the 25k miles Maintenance done while they have it too.

Well...

The dealership called... they replaced both Timing Chains with "Updated Ones", what ever that means!

They also replaced the plastic piece above my windshield with a new one.

Wow.. New T-Chains at 28K Miles. We are off to a good start.

That is all for now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.