So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I must again be one of the lucky ones.... My remote, while it admittedly wont work from 300 feet, does ...
    Darth Xed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

I must again be one of the lucky ones....

My remote, while it admittedly wont work from 300 feet, does work easily from 100 feet+.

I can remote start my SRX from within my office and the signal has to travel through 2 brick walls to get there... the car is probably 75 or so feet away, plus I am on the second floor.

If I park farther back, though, the remote start becomes spotty, and you can't depend on it working, but I figured the 2 brick walls of had something ot do with that too.

On the down side, the plastic frame of one of my remote cracked , but I was able to super glue it together, and you can hardly tell...

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

This forum has me checking on stuff on my 07 far too often. You've all triggered paranoia in me!

Re the key fob and door lock/unlock distance problem, I will assume you guys checked both key fobs from the same positions and distances, that you swapped out the batteries, and that you tested both fobs again. Did you check the panic button function and powered rear hatch too?

My 07 works from at least 30 yards. Tested last night. Probably will work from further out.

The garage door opener(s) on the SRX likewise work from about 30 yards out but not further. About the same as our 1998 Olds Aurora but not as far as the Infinity.

Another observation....despite new batteries, I found on the Olds that eventually one key fob worked better than the other. Chalked that up to worn contacts on the fob most frequently used because if the buttons were pressed on the edges even the worn one performed.

Re batteries.....over the decades I have only had two instances where brand new batteries were bad, most recently about a month ago where a battery with a 2013 expiration date was nearly dead, brand new and newly purchased, coming right out of an unopened package.

Hope this helps someone.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

PJ...

Sorry to make you paranoid! <smile>

Yes - I replaced the batteries in BOTH Remote Controls Twice with different brands... exactly the same symptoms and issues with either remote and different batteries... When they work.. everything works... when they don't.. NOTHING works including Panic. I could NEVER use my remotes to find my car if I lost it in a parking lot, because you have to be within 10 feet of it before they will work. It is NOT the remotes, but rather an issue with the Receiver in the car. I suspect either the Receiver is going bad, or the antenna system is corrupted.

I took the SRX back to ELCO this morning. I played the Video for the Write-up guy, but he didn't seem interested - he told me the techs have to be able to reproduce the problem themselves. So we will see.

Since I had GM Replace my garage door opener, the new one works my door from a block away on the first button hit every time.

I am just hoping that ELCO doesn't try returning my car AGAIN with the remote still broken. Of course, they did try 4 times to tell me my Heater wasn't broken. and they still tell me the erratic shifting in cruise is normal as well they tell me the blue screen when power off is normal. (So, we now know where the engineers who were in the bottom 10 of their graduating class - got jobs!)

And just so you know.. despite the issues - - I still love my SRX... I would have dumped it long ago if I didn't! I just wish I could be one of those Happy GM owners that got the opposite of a lemon.

LXWXHT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Funny... I have washed and dried my remote and it still works. 2005 SRX, V6 48k miles

ha ha LX.. maybe I'll try throwing mine in the dishwasher!

Anyway... ... ... Just got the call from ELCO.

They installed a new vent since the handle fell off of the old one.

They replaced the shield over the rear washer.

They did NOT extend the run time for the remote start - stated they were not allowed to for safety reasons. So I'll have to wait until I get my own scan tool to do that one myself.

They said they could not reproduce my remote issue! (WTF - I don't have any problems getting them not to work!), but they went ahead and replaced the receiver unit anyway.

So... I'll have to wait until I get my car and test it myself to see if the remotes work now.

If this keeps up, I am going to have to build a tally sheet of things they fixed, and things they made excuses for.

I'll update tomorrow after I have tested my car.

HALLELUJAH!

They FIX it....

I was nervous when the dealership called telling me they could not duplicate my remote problems... but.. they went ahead and replaced the Receiver anyway.

I guess I just have to learn to be persistant and make a lot of noise when they give me the "Can't Duplicate" or "Normal Function" bull.

Now my remotes easily are working from 200ft +.

They did indeed fix the rear wiper and my vent.. so this trip was a good one.

lets see the stats now.

NAVE/RADIO BLUE SCREEN WHEN POWER OFF
    Told all 07 > do that... Normal function... NOT FIXED

DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR RIPPLED
    They replaced my mirror.. with one that had double vision... Oh well! I'll call it FIXED

TRANSMISSION SHIFTS ERRATIC AND OFTEN IN CRUISE
    Told me All SRX's do that.. No TSB's.. Normal Function... NOT FIXED

DRIVERS DOOR POPS
    They realigned all my doors.. FIXED

WATER DRIPS ON DRIVERS FOOT
    Could not duplicate - NOT FIXED
    This one caused a problem later because the tech stuck a plug in a hose he though might be the culprit.

CHROME PEALED OFF OF DRIVERS DOOR HANDLE
    They replaced handle... FIXED

GARAGE DOOR OPENER WEAK SIGNAL
    They replaced Sending Unit... FIXED

HEAT WILL NOT COME ON TEMP CONTROL
    This took 4 trips and a LOT of complaining FIXED
    Cause was hose Tech plugged for water drips

CONTROL HANDLE PASSENGER VENT MISSING
    Replaced Vent... FIXED

REAR WIPER WASHER ISSUE
    Replaced Washer Nozzle... FIXED
    This happened twice

REAR WIPER NOT WIPING
    Replaced Arm... FIXED

ULTRA VIEW RATTLE
    Lubed seals - glass was rubbing... FIXED
    I was amazed at this one.

REMOTE CONTROL DISTANCE ISSUE
    Replaced Receiver Unit... FIXED
    But it took me 2 trips, a Video and complaining.

REMOTE START RUN TIME SHORT
    Stated Run-time is Normal.. NOT FIXED
    ELCO claims they can't change for safety reasons

After the Heater Debacle, they stopped sending me those annoying "Did you like your service" Surveys... I guess they didn't like my comments!

UPDATE March 15th.

Well... Replacing the Remote Receivers is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered... my remotes are absolutely working as they should now. I am so loving THAT!

Sunroof Rattle...

Turns out they did NOT get rid of my Rattle. But... it also turns out that it is NOT the Sunroof, so that would explain why working on the Sunroof didn't rid me of the rattle.

The rattle is somewhere else in the headliner.

If I pull down by grabbing the edge/corner of the headliner when it is doing the rattle, the noise instantly stops.

This one is going to be FUN to find.

The noise is exactly the noise one would here if they tapped on a piece of metal with a plastic coated wire.

I absolutely hate the thought of taking it back to ELCO, as I have the feeling they will simply keep it for a day and then return it telling me either they could not reproduce to issue (which I never seem to have any problems reproducing them!) or they will simply tell me they can't find anything wrong.

At least on this one - they can't tell me the computer can't find anything wrong!

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post

Sunroof Rattle...

Turns out they did NOT get rid of my Rattle. But... it also turns out that it is NOT the Sunroof, so that would explain why working on the Sunroof didn't rid me of the rattle.

The rattle is somewhere else in the headliner.

If I pull down by grabbing the edge/corner of the headliner when it is doing the rattle, the noise instantly stops.

This one is going to be FUN to find.

The noise is exactly the noise one would here if they tapped on a piece of metal with a plastic coated wire.
    Have the same!
    It sounds more like a plastic squeak/moan though. If you move that liner edge you can recreate the sound. I haven't looked into it yet to trace the exact cause. But indeed it is not the Sunroof mechanism.

I have a rattle up front too, not a squeak or a moan. 2007 N AWD 30K mi. Ultraview.

From the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the center of the dash where the dash intersects the windshield. But from the front passenger's seat it sounds like the rattle is coming from where the dash intersects the driver's door by the driver's window.

Any ideas?

I will start with the driver's window and door. Wonder if the headliner rattle you guys are talking about could actually be the source, but the direction of sound just SEEMS like it's down by the windshield.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I solved the ocassionally creakling ultraview by buying hardtop '09 base V8.
    But I do have a popping and slight knocking in the front suspension.

b4z.....see my post in this thread. Post #26 on 2/24/10 @ 11:04am. Item #1.......bad insulators on the front sway bar. It can't hurt for you to have that checked out.

After over 20 inches of rain in my neck of the woods thus far in March, the rear storage bin beneath the third row seat which serves as jack storage and third row headrests storage remains dry.

Despite the problems I have had with my SRX - I have been lucky enough to avoid the Wet Storage Bin syndrome so many SRX owners have experienced.

Knock in Roof - - for the time being, I jammed a piece of rubber between the glass and the frame... I'll attack the real problem at another time, but this is working quite well at removing the tapping sounds from over my head.

jsiddall is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX V8 AWD Sport, 06 STS V8, 05 SRX V8 AWD, 97 STS

Quote Originally Posted by jsiddall View Post
    Let me know if you find a solution to the window washer squirting into the air problem. I have that one too
    Some unrelated searching caused me to stumble across a post that pointed out that the rear washer nozzle can be re-aimed by moving the little metal eyeball thing. Sure enough, grabbed a thumb tac and soon I had the nozzle pointing straight onto the rear window. Though some others might benefit from that find also.

Rear Squinter... In my case the issue was more evolved. When I hit the spray, the nozzle not only sprayed straight up, it also rotated back and forth. Of course, it is not supposed to do that!

I wish the rear sprayer made fan pattern spray like the windshield sprayers - - but that would be a bit much to ask of a GM car probably!

Planning an SRX Trip to Florida in May.. wooopeeee

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.