So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 27
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well... When I went to pick her up... the dealership only replaced the Cover of the rear washer.. so that ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Well... When I went to pick her up... the dealership only replaced the Cover of the rear washer.. so that wasn't quite fixed yet, and I had to take her back.

Good thing though, because while they had it parked in the low for the passenger trim to dry, the trim at the top of the windshield cracked ... so they have to fix that as well.

Also. since the last work on the roof, she started rattling really bad - - dealer to replace from bolts and shoes to fix that.

So stats get updated:

76. Trim in front of sun roof fail… (10th Time) (Replaced May 19th/14)

77. Sunroof Bolts and Shoes Fail… (2nd Time) (Replaced May 19th/14)

I'm having a really hard time keeping those plastic roof pieces from braking. I'm wondering if some welds in the frame weren't missed, letting my SRX flex more then others.

Also - - predicting a future problem.. she has started showing to demonstrate 2 symptoms that I suspect to be repairs in the near future... ... ...(1: When I am stopping, right before I come to a stop there is a very substantial "THUNK" in the tunnel.. and I get this same "THUNK" when accelerating out of a 10 second or longer coast. and (2: When making a right turn and accelerating, I get a heavy buzzing vibration, and messages "Service Stabilitrak" "Service Brake Assist" "Service Stability System". They go away when you restart the car, and no codes show up on scan.

Trip to FL is coming soon! Whooo Raahhhh..

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Tempted to post of all my issues to compare lol

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Thunk sounds like differential support bushing, should be able to tell with car on lift. Buzzing is ABS responding to speed sensor incontinence. I'm surprised you don't have pending DTCs.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

repnatl: man, I hope you don't have enough issues, to have a list to compare! :-)

Glake89: I suspect the Buz/Errors to be a Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Given time, I am sure I'll get some codes - which is what I am waiting for.

And I suspect my "Thunk" to be a stretched transfer case chain... I figure in due time, that will make itself known for sure.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Most times a code has to be present at least 2 times before the MIL is turned on. If the activity doesn't repeat itself for 2 or 3 drive cycles the pending code goes away. Therefore, if you can get the car to buzz twice in the same drive cycle. the code should set the MIL.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

More...

So... made a trip for Florida, which caused a few more issues.

The Rear Wiper, would fall below the window, and crease the wiper blade... Dealer inspection found the wiper motor bearings failed allowing the wiper arm to drop. So they replaced the rear wiper motor.

Armrest in rear seat, mounting came unbolted.

The little lock tabs that hold the drivers floor-mat in place, came off the floor. (Screws fell out!)

And - the rubber trip in the drivers side front corner of the sunroof decided to deform itself. - - Replacement on back-order.

78: Rear Wiper Motor Fail
    79: Rear Seat Armrest Mount Fail
    80: Floor-Mat Tab Fail
    81: Roof Seal Trim Fail.

And the count continues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.