So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 26
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; You might want to dissect one or two of the ones you replaced and see if you can find something ...
    nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

You might want to dissect one or two of the ones you replaced and see if you can find something wrong with them which is causing noise you might be able to find a place to drill and put grease jerk or hole to put rubber lube in and make it serviceable just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by repnatl View Post
    Noise and counting while braking or hitting bumps. Rubber seems intact but other than that I haven't seen any physical damage on my 3 sets.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar View Post
    You might want to dissect one or two of the ones you replaced and see if you can find something wrong with them which is causing noise you might be able to find a place to drill and put grease jerk or hole to put rubber lube in and make it serviceable just a thought.
    It would be nice but every time I told the dealer I want the old parts they already" sent them off" which sounds like bs I want to have my own urethane bushings made and pressed in like energy suspension and not have to keep dealing with this crap

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

There seems to be something amiss about the design of the suspension on the 1st gen SRX... we get a lot of replacements for bad bushings - - and the first symptom is nearly always noise.

My noise went away, as it got warmer - - so I may be temp related.

The Clunk decided to go away too...

And the last time I smacked the headlamp to get the city light to come on - - it stayed on...

So it looks like I get to wait a while before I take her to the shop again.

Drove to Omaha to visit my son... man this thing is indeed a dream to drive!

xquisit1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 09 Cadillac SRX sunroof shade opens midway and begin to drop downward into vehicle. Any suggestions? Per dealership, this item will not be
    covered under my extended warranty.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Poor warranty. Track likely needs some lube or some guides are broken. Search for sunroof/shade problems, it's happened to others.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Whom ever sold you that warranty, ripped you off!

Yea.. Mine did that - - the fix was to replace the shade.

Then, it started making noise - similar to the noise it made right before it fell apart - - and the dealer replaced it again.. ... the new one seems to be heavier material then the prior one.

It seems the shade is fairly fragile... you must keep it well lubed, to extend it's life. Or.. stop using it, and just leave it open!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by xquisit1 View Post
    My 09 Cadillac SRX sunroof shade opens midway and begin to drop downward into vehicle. Any suggestions? Per dealership, this item will not be
    covered under my extended warranty.
    Hello xquisit1,

I am sorry to hear of the sunroof malfunction you are experiencing. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. Please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Update:

A record... 5 months since last shop visit.

Picked her up last night from the shop.. ... She was making the old Ooha Ooha sound on every other bump (Bushing Squawk).

I reported it as a possible bad bushing... But Service Tech, thought it was the Right Rear Shock... So, he replaced the Right Rear Shock...

It was NOT the Right Rear Shock..

Oh well... It was covered for me under warranty.

Now I take her back in to get them to find the real source of the noise.

Also - - one of the city lights went out - - so they have to change that too.

Item number 68 - Rear Suspension Noise, is currently unresolved.
    Item number 69 - City Light out,

And - I noted a piece of trim "starting" to peal up... only a matter if time before it comes off.

And the clunking has not come back, but I suspect it will.

Update to my Update...

OK.. driving over bumps, to test if the Shock got ride of my suspension noise, seemed to make the City Light come back on... so now I have to wait for it to go out again. I doubt the dealership will replace it, if it is working when I take it in.

Loose bulb, or bad bulb.. you still have to go through a LOT of work to fix it.

I was going to take her back today, for the suspension noise, but were getting SNOW and ICE in STL today, and I don't want to drive a renter in such weather...

So.. we wait and see what next week brings.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Update to my Update...

OK.. driving over bumps, to test if the Shock got ride of my suspension noise, seemed to make the City Light come back on... so now I have to wait for it to go out again. I doubt the dealership will replace it, if it is working when I take it in.

Loose bulb, or bad bulb.. you still have to go through a LOT of work to fix it.

I was going to take her back today, for the suspension noise, but were getting SNOW and ICE in STL today, and I don't want to drive a renter in such weather...

So.. we wait and see what next week brings.
    Hello Professor Wizard,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your SRX and that you need to take your vehicle back to the dealership. Please keep us updated when you do and please feel free to private message Laura or myself if you need any assistance working with them or setting up an appointment.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

weymard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2005

As many owners, I have a leak from the roof,I'm not sure where it is, should be on the right back side of the roof.
    I read the topic "special leak of the roof " !! very long when the English is not your natural language !!, and there is no real answer at this problem.

Thanks Gregory... I do appreciate that.

Elco Caddilac in Ballwin MO, does the work on my car.. they are wonderful people, and great to work with.

OK.. update on the updated update - plus a new thing..

Issue 68 :: Suspension Squawk... ELCO Replaced Shock - but the noise was still there - yet, we got a warm spell and the noise went away. So this is not quite closed yet.

Issue 69 :: Funky Bulb... ELCO went ahead and replaced the bulb - Service Writer had seen it when it was not lit. problem solved.

Issue 70 :: (YEA, Something NEW)... Check Engine Light on, rough start :: Code P0496, Evap Purge Solenoid Fail - ELCO replaced the Solenoid. Problem solved.

So... you thought you were done with reading this thread...

Well.. not quite just yet...

She hit 75 today...

71. Lamps in Shift Console out x2... ((Man, these bulbs are $20 each!))

72. Seal in Sunroof fail – folded and held glass away from perimeter seal... They put new ones in, problem solved.

73. Inside Door Handles flaking... Replace Drivers and Passenger handles... This is the 3 time for the Drivers Door. Cheap plastic with cheap chrome plating that flakes off.

74. Passenger Side Roof Trim coming off... They put a new one on, as the old one was warped.

75. Rear Wiper Washer fail… Second time around on this one too... it like blew itself apart!

Trip to FL coming soon.. Woooo Hooooo...!

weccjc67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX AWD V8

Hi Professor Wizard, I will never complain about my SRX again after seeing what you have had to endure. I amazes me how many issues you have had and related to almost everything that could go wrong with a vehicle. I remember my wife and I bought a new 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and that vehicle had the same luck for us as you have had with your SRX. We had the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for 4 years and traded it in for a new 2009 Pontiac G6 and have never had a problem it " Knock on Wood ", just scheduled service. Why these things happen, Who knows. Hope your SRX issues finally stop one day.

Thanks Weccjc67...

It is what it is!

Good thing I love the look, drive and basic design of this car!

81K and climbing!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.