So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 25
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; thanks for your optimism berg! you will be my first victim if i die. hehehehe... in the same manner, suppose ...
    esSarRexX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

thanks for your optimism berg! you will be my first victim if i die. hehehehe... in the same manner, suppose it DOES hold up and i may NOT have a problem down the line. enuff of you boy.

cone, i dunno how to start a new thread. i'll be back wen everything is set up. am unable to load photos as my mech bought a new phone which we used to take phitos and he has not set his email yet. ipad will not link with his phone. berg, maybe you have the solution? buy a new phone??? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by esSarRexX View Post
    rep, here's the fix --- a/c bracket. the bolt is around 2 cm under the damaged idler bolt hole. we had a longer bolt made up. shimmed the compressor out around 3-5mm. i had my mech take some photos. i will upload when i am able. am doing some more repairs since she's already in the shop and prepped --- replace rack & pinion (leak on bothe sides), replace rear links, replace water pump & all pulleys up front. ...to be continued...
    That's a genius idea man I was thinking that but idk why I didn't mention it awesome I really hope it works.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

I'm baaaaack...

Rex - - man.. I bet you were bumming when you found that!

Glad it sounds like you have found a work-around.

Ok.. for the record - GM Replaced the trim in front of the sunroof, right where the actual glass meets the trim piece..

A note... the replacement molding is not a solid piece like the factory piece - - the replacement is 3 pieces, so you end up with 2 splits where the pieces mate together. Rather sloppy if you ask me.

So, Item #65 - Rubber Trim has been replaced.

I'm in Cardiac Therapy now... Doing great! I wonder if I can get a B2B warranty on my heart - -- I sure as hell hope the work on it, doesn't match the work on my SRX! :-)

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Hang in there, PROF. Follow the instructions. And be patient. There is only one of you to go around. PJ

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    I took my 2004 V8 to a Chevy dealer for a tranny flush and they printed out my warranty history. When I picked it up the lady said wow most cars have one page you have six. I told her I bought this car with 600 miles and a 100k bumper to bumper warranty. Cadillac really took care if every little gripe and always gave me a brand new caddy. All the Chevy owners looked a little pissed that they don't get anything fixed or a car to drive. Oh well you get what you pay for!

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Thank god for warranties, you still have a warranty on a 04? Good it was a mileage warranty and not a based on years! Good you had a decent Cadillac dealer in your case.

Jim_V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX V8 RWD 2004
    No the warranty ended my point was that they took care of every little thing that most other car dealers wouldn't cover.

Motoracer838 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 V8 SRX

I've had my '04 V8 awd for about 5 months now, and the car is starting to show it's true colors. already had the fun of replacing front turn signal bulb, have to replace r rear turn signal, have a clunk in rear from a bad bushing in the diff, have a squeky front bushing, Generous Motors wants $200 for discs for the Nav sys never mind that the touch screen on the dis works when it fells like it and that's not often (is there an aftermarket unit that can replace it and have all functions),and to add insult to injury it's developing an issue with releasing the ignition key.

What annoys me is the car has only 87,XXX miles on it, I thought I got a good deal, now not soo much.

Joe

Hi Joe... on your key thing - - mine did that and they discovered it was a bent key.

All: There is an update..

I just picked Humpty up from the shop last night..

Yup - - you didn't think I was going to make it 2 months without a shop visit did you?

So... The Rear Blower Control above the back seat, decided to break itself off of its mountings. Entire unit was replace. (Bummer, because this is the second one - - first one would not stay in the ceiling.) (Bigger Bummer, I had wood grain trim kit installed - this piece is $35 to replace)

and.. The sun roof shade started to self destruct, similar to what the first one did - Material coming off of the frame rails. Dealership replaced the shade.

So... I items 66 and 67 are checked off.

Prof, thanks for your input, not a bent key. the key thing continued to get worse, to the point that I had to use the manual release every time I turn on the key, prompting me to take it to a mech I know that is brilliant, if I had time, I'd do it myself, he's going to look into defeating the system that traps the key. While he's got it, he's going to find the "clunk" from the diff, replace the power steering pump (whines), change out the r taillight, and do a full driveline service w/ synthetic, and change out the "death" cool.

At least I will have a clean start, knowing the condition and age of the fluids, maybe I'll get to put another 10,000 miles on without having to fix anything. The trapped key thing I just don't get, GM knew there was a problem, they included a manual release, why not just fix it instead???

Joe

Thanks Joe - - keep us updated!

Mine has developed another suspension squeak, like a bad bushing... and the city-light on the drivers side doesn't come on unless you give it a smack.

I've also noted a clunk in the tunnel, when the car is shifting to first gear while in the process of stopping.

We will see where that all goes.

$1,200 latter, it would seem that my low mile "cream puff" was rode hard and put away wet!!! I can only imagine how hard the car had to be driven.

Ignition release solenoid, disabled, zip ty used to permenantly depress the manual release.
    Rear diff, front snuber bushing.
    left engine mount.
    Power steering low pres hoses.
    R&R r taillight, he wasn't to amused about this, Mine has the under floor storage, he had to pull the bins before pulling the trim panel.
    Hard brake line, started leaking at one of the retaining clips while sitting in the shop, wtf?
    Cooling sys flush, goodby "Death Cool".
    and full driveline service, using Royal Purple where possible.

Still needing to be fixed, valve cover gaskets and squekey front bushings and drive flange (the coupler between driveshaft and diff, what a suprise you have to buy the driveshaft to get the flange, Thanks GM. Edit, I see Revshift makes one, like I was thinking about.), ran out of budget. I have to say the car is dramaticly improved.

Just what is the deal with front suspension components these days??? on my '99 Daokota R/T I'd swear Dodge sourced the parts from china, by 60k I'd replaced a balljoint and by 120k the rest of the front, the ball joints and bushings were just toast!!!

Joe

My 96 dodge at 203k miles just replaced the entire front suspension. My 06 srx with 107k miles have replaced the lower control arms 3 times waiting on the 4th set. I'll take a dodge truck over this pos any day.

nstar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Eldo ETC 04 SRX V8 AWD 13 XTS

Just what happens to the front control arms that they have to be replaced (noise ,rubber falls apart, or something else) ?

Noise and counting while braking or hitting bumps. Rubber seems intact but other than that I haven't seen any physical damage on my 3 sets.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.