So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 22
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I thought I would just update this with my current list of issues. I bought the car in December of ...
    Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

I thought I would just update this with my current list of issues.

I bought the car in December of 2012.
    So far:
    -Drivers side heat does not work
    -Oxygen sensor throwing CEL for high voltage
    -Rear window wiper squirter stopped working
    -Power steering pump leaking
    -Loud thump over small bumps on right side of vehicle(LCA or swaybar end links)
    - Driver front hub bearing started humming
    -Cylinder 1 misfire if I go WOT

Most of this is due to very high miles so its expected. It just sucks having to do all this haha.

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Whip... you keep going, and your list might catch up with mine!

Humpty went to the shop again... The lift gate motor assembly decided to become "Wobbly".

Dealer replaced motor and rods, only to learn after install, there was an engineering change, and the new motor would not program to my SRX.

So... a second motor and lift assembly was installed.

Issue # 59: Power Lift Gate Motor Assembly Fail... Replaced.

Whiplash_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX V8 AWD, 04 NSRT4

^That doesn't count. I use my arms to open liftgate haha.

Hi Gang!

you thought I was done! ... ... ... not!

I just picked her up from the shop... The strip above the windshield cracked - again -.

This will be the 7th replacement.

I also have to replace the front rotors, as they went bad. We have around 69.5k miles on her now.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Wondered where you were. Good times just won't last.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I just had mine in. UltraView was reversing on express close at idle or with the engine off, and a wind noise at the front of the glass at speed when closed. Power sunshade jumped the track. Return of Lake Cadillac. Power windshield washer pump worked sporadically. All of this got squared away. One thing puzzles me about the SRX: the worst AM reception on any car I have owned. Nonetheless, when the stars align and everything works as it should, I really like all of the things that the SRX brings to the table. Oh yeah, just turned 90,000 miles. PJ

Hi PJ... I remember when the front of my shade popped off the track and popped me in the head! haha.

What did they do for Lake Cadillac - - blow out the roof drains?

I concur about lousy AM reception - mine is the same... good thing I don't listen to AM very much.

I do - - must love this thing, to put up with it!

Your baby will soon have it's centennial birthday!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Prof.......ESPN and WEEI are sports channels on AM I like to listen to. But as I said, I have never had a car with worse AM reception. And yes, the dealer blew out all of the roof drains for me. Spark plugs are next as my miles approach 91K. The fuel mileage has fallen off a tad and I see no sense in putting that off. I also put in a new battery rather than wait for the gremlins to visit. The wife and I have a trip to St. John New Brunswick Canada coming up. So I want the SRX ready to go. We are taking our Doberman to some competitive obedience trials and hope to get another title on him. I may also get the front fascia redone.....stone, cinder, and salt chips in the paint, courtesy of the road crews treating the snow this past Winter. May also break down and have that 3M protective sheeting applied to the fascia.....another $400? PJ

Surfstix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS4 Coupe Premium & 2008 SRX4

I gave up with all the issues car is getting paid off and gone gone gone......I actually gave up on GM the foreign cars may have issues but they know how to fix them unlike the techs at the 3rd dealership I have been to.It is so much easier to just say we can't reproduce the problem without the computer telling me whats wrong and how to fix it.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by Surfstix View Post
    I gave up with all the issues car is getting paid off and gone gone gone......I actually gave up on GM the foreign cars may have issues but they know how to fix them unlike the techs at the 3rd dealership I have been to.It is so much easier to just say we can't reproduce the problem without the computer telling me whats wrong and how to fix it.
    So your selling the CTS as well then?

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Surfstix View Post
    that's been my issue at the caddy dealerships as well. "We got these codes and we should change your new MAF"..or better yet, it just sat there over a weekend that they were 'going to look at it' and they didn't, and it started right up fine on monday. I'm really grateful for this forum, as well as having a few brain cells myself to get my problem figured out and fixed in my own driveway.

orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The SRX 1st generation was built to be used a couple of years, it was never meant to be used(or built) to last longer then the payments. If it brakes down after warranty it just a added plus for the parts department and the stealerships. GM has to make the money back from all the warranty repairs. Of course this is just MO. The 1st generation SRX will always be recycled and unwary new owners will continue to buy/resell second/+ hand 1st generation, keeping the parts supply chain open and stealerships busy and owners slapping their forehead. Unfortunately for me I like to tinker with cars, but even my tinkering has its limits. Living in a foreign country I am always being ribbed because my neighbors joke I am under a car(which is extremely expensive here) and my finger nails are constantly dirty, instead of flaunting the prestige. The best bet(I keep telling myself) is to fix it and sell/trade it, if you are lucky to have a reliable one, its probably a good truck to have.

TimRSRX777 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX

Orandaberg, even in Norway there has to be a 1st Gen SRX in better shape than the one you have. Why not get rid of the one you are always complaining about and buy a 1st Gen SRX that has actually been taken care of and treated with civility? The SRX is not the crappy automobile you are describing it to be, either that or say "MY 1st gen SRX".

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Quite a few ppl have had way too many issues new or used on these. Your right there has to be better examples of the srx and I believe their are. But its hard to find raves on a forum more rants. I think cone or glake said that awhile back lol good point too who comes on a forum or service department to say how well their vehicle is running. I'm basically just doing enough to keep it running and hoping some idiot driver hits it in traffic and totals it cause I wouldn't sell this particular one to anybody that would see me everyday .

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

Quote Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
    The SRX 1st generation was built to be used a couple of years, it was never meant to be used(or built) to last longer then the payments. If it brakes down after warranty it just a added plus for the parts department and the stealerships. GM has to make the money back from all the warranty repairs. Of course this is just MO. The 1st generation SRX will always be recycled and unwary new owners will continue to buy/resell second/+ hand 1st generation, keeping the parts supply chain open and stealerships busy and owners slapping their forehead. Unfortunately for me I like to tinker with cars, but even my tinkering has its limits. Living in a foreign country I am always being ribbed because my neighbors joke I am under a car(which is extremely expensive here) and my finger nails are constantly dirty, instead of flaunting the prestige. The best bet(I keep telling myself) is to fix it and sell/trade it, if you are lucky to have a reliable one, its probably a good truck to have.
    I'm done with you, your a troll plain and simple.

The common denominator with most of your problems is you.....just IMO

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.