So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; !st the front right wheel bearing (right off the lot!) 2nd Ultraview roof vibrates when closing (needs service (again right ...
    orandaberg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

!st the front right wheel bearing (right off the lot!)
    2nd Ultraview roof vibrates when closing (needs service (again right off the lot
    3rd going to take it to Cadillac for the roof and have them do a complete bill of health while its on used car warranty

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Another Update...

Wow... I have just broken my record of mean time between failures... 3 Months.

But, I knew it would not last forever:

Anyway... I just picked Humpty up from the Dealer for items #54 and #55.

#54 is the trim above the windshield once again cracked... they installed a new one. This is the 6th time for this issue.

#55 is BOTH Lower Control Arms... they started squeaking quite loudly - I guess it is easier to replace the whole arm, then to replace just the bushings.

While they had her... I had the oil changed...and new front brake pads installed.

We are at 58,800 miles.

Sheepish is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Good grief Prof. Wizard! Was this car built on a Friday?

Actually... I believe it is a first off Monday car!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Another Update...

Wow... I have just broken my record of mean time between failures... 3 Months.

But, I knew it would not last forever:

Anyway... I just picked Humpty up from the Dealer for items #54 and #55.

#54 is the trim above the windshield once again cracked... they installed a new one. This is the 6th time for this issue.

#55 is BOTH Lower Control Arms... they started squeaking quite loudly - I guess it is easier to replace the whole arm, then to replace just the bushings.

While they had her... I had the oil changed...and new front brake pads installed.

We are at 58,800 miles.
    PROF.......congratulations on your new record!!! I'll bet the dealership folks must have been worried about what happened to you. Consider yourself lucky. My original lower control arms only lasted 27,000 miles. Mine were groaning up a storm when I took the SRX in. The second pair have lasted 50,000 miles so far and are still doing OK.

PJ

Thanks PJ;

That is my hope.. the second set outlasts me.

My Ford explorer had 230K miles on it with original suspension. Finally replaced the shocks at that point, mostly because they looked nasty, even though they actually still worked.

I've been lubing my sunroof, and keeping tabs on the oil, and changing the oil at about 15% life... so far no more problems in that area.

I am thinking the roof trim pieces are going to continue to be a future problem.. we shall see.

I had anticipated the front bushing to go, based on posts about said issue in here.

Based on past performance, it is about time to blow the drain tube for the AC Evap.

Mommytoo3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac SRX

I just purchased a 2005 SRX, it is black with black leather interior. The car is spotless inside and out. It has 84,000 miles on it. OK so now that we have that out there. In the test drive the engine light came on, so they took it in and it was something to do with the emissions, gas tank had to come off to put the part on. Ok after a day or so get the vehicle, the light comes back on. Take it back it is still the emissions but another part. OK so I tell this dealer that this is not really working for me and I want to change into another vehicle...................My husband loved this one and long story short we have the vehicle now.

We have it for a week and the Check stablility system comes on, take it straight to the dealer and they diagnose something with the barrings making the car have a terrible rattle when it goes over bumps and something else (not remembering what) but they said they were ordering parts. Two weeks have past nothing on weather the parts are even in. NOW the service airbags light is on with the red air bag light on the dash. I am having a FIT!!!!! Some idiot at the dealer told me I am over reacting? I told him as far as I see it, this car is now playing Russian roulette with my life since I don't know which air bag or bags are malfunctioning!

I really love this car, the way it drives etc and I need something with the third row seat (have 3 children). I am at my wits end and my husband wants nothing to do with helping me with these issues! HELP! Is there and end to this, or as I am reading in here, am I heading down a very steep slope into MAJOR issues to come???? The carfax has one owner who had it serviced like it should with no incidents showing :/

JD2004 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

Prof., PJ, seems you guys have some bad luck with your caddy! Control arms and etc..

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

to the forum, Mommy

My advice, keep after the dealer to correct these problems. If they aren't fixed by the time your option to return the car expires, give it back. There are others available that don't suffer these problems. Check if your state has a lemon law, see if the dealer wants some local TV coverage of their service.

If you do keep it, we will assist you and your reluctant husband in any do it yourself work you choose to do. In any case, don't let it you
    PJ1520 and PJ1520 like this.
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JD2004 View Post
    Prof., PJ, seems you guys have some bad luck with your caddy! Control arms and etc..
    JD................my situation with the front suspension issues (bad lower control arm bushings and front sway bar insulators) occured wihin a couple of weeks of taking delivery (CPO) at 26K miles. These and a couple of other items (Lake Cadillac, dead battery on delivery, and an UltraView that was a tad balky) were all covered under factory warranty.

Granted, this has not been the most trouble-free vehicle I have ever owned, but I had boned up on "known" SRX issues and went into this purchase with my eyes wide open (and a warranty extension as backup). Thanks to this forum, I had and have an ample supply of "bread crumbs" in the form of this forum's threads in the event the service technicians needed some "guidance." They didn't. So I kept my mouth shut and let them do their job. They squared things away to my complete satisfaction.

Then I went about 50,000 trouble-free miles (until 9/2012) in between dealership visits. Got those items squared away as well.

Right now EVERYTHING on the car works as it's supposed to. I have Ashley in Cadillac Customer Service here on the forum and my dealership to thank for that. Thanks to both for standing behind their product.

The pleasure of driving the GenI SRX has far outweighed the inconvenience of dealership visits. Yes, there are a couple of quirks with the SRX, but I have them on our Infinity as well.

PJ

Mommy... hang in there.. like Glake said... don't let it bug you.

If repairs are a warranty item of some sort, just keep taking it in until they finish the trail of sensor issues to the end.

Now.. if you are paying out of pocket for each, I would then seriously consider asking them to take the car back.

If your car were like mine.. the Car Fax would look Horrible, so you really don't have a problematic SRX. and Mine is an anomoly, so don't think for a second they are all like mine.

I post about mine so those who THINK they have a problem car, don't think they do anymore, after reading my tread! : ) Sort of like that adage, of: :"You don't know good, until you have had bad."

keep us updated.
    PJ1520 and PJ1520 like this.

JD2004 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    JD................my situation with the front suspension issues (bad lower control arm bushings and front sway bar insulators) occured wihin a couple of weeks of taking delivery (CPO) at 26K miles. These and a couple of other items (Lake Cadillac, dead battery on delivery, and an UltraView that was a tad balky) were all covered under factory warranty.

Granted, this has not been the most trouble-free vehicle I have ever owned, but I had boned up on "known" SRX issues and went into this purchase with my eyes wide open (and a warranty extension as backup). Thanks to this forum, I had and have an ample supply of "bread crumbs" in the form of this forum's threads in the event the service technicians needed some "guidance." They didn't. So I kept my mouth shut and let them do their job. They squared things away to my complete satisfaction.

Then I went about 50,000 trouble-free miles (until 9/2012) in between dealership visits. Got those items squared away as well.

Right now EVERYTHING on the car works as it's supposed to. I have Ashley in Cadillac Customer Service here on the forum and my dealership to thank for that. Thanks to both for standing behind their product.

The pleasure of driving the GenI SRX has far outweighed the inconvenience of dealership visits. Yes, there are a couple of quirks with the SRX, but I have them on our Infinity as well.

PJ
    Good for you! Have 1000s of trouble free miles myself after transfer case chain and transmission torque conv. got fixed. Consider body moldings, weatherstripping minor issues that all cars have. - Except my old ford explorer. I miss that one.

hey there gang...

I almost made it 2 months... However we didn't quite make it a whole two months.

Battery crapped out last week... I prodded it along untll Friday, at which time she gave up the ghost completely...

I dropped her off at Elco.. and indeed... One dead 7 year battery - - Yes.. she is only 3 years old!

Anyway... Issue #56: Replace Failed Battery.

I will probably be taking her in again once it gets really cold.. as I noticed when it was just in the 30's that the rear-gate struts will not hold the door when opened manually. But I have to wait for cold weather to take it in and have them replaced, or the dealer will return with "Could not Duplicate".

Also, when it is cold, the right rear squeaks like a banshee on every bump for the first 5 minutes of driving the car - - that should be a sign of something about to let go.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Happy Days Are Here Again!
    __________________________________________________ ________________

This site is too much fun to not be a supporter
    Been fixin' cars for 71 years
    Some of what I know comes from experience, some from reading or listening,-most of it, I just make up

Everyone needs a gift for XMas Glake!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.