So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Humpty is in the shop again. I guess those rough starts amounted to something - as this time, when I ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Humpty is in the shop again.

I guess those rough starts amounted to something - as this time, when I started it up this morning, it tossed up the Check Engine light and went into limp mode.

I'm waiting for the phone call on what the problem was or is.

This will officially be issue #47.

ELCO gave me a black 12' CTS to drive - base model. It drives nice.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Prof.........at least #47 held off until after your Thanksgiving road trip. But.....this development is most discouraging.

PJ

OK... I picked Humpty up from ELCO this morning.

According to the Ticket, the Coil Packs for Cylinders 3 and 5 failed, along with the Oxygen Sensor on Circuit Bank2.

ELCO replaced the 2 plugs and coil packs and the Oxygen sensor and a gasket.

The codes in the memory were:

P0300 Misfire
    P0303 Misfire Cylinder 3
    P0305 Misfire Cylinder 5
    P0050 HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank2, Sensor 1
    P0155 Heater Performance Bank2, Sensor 1

So - - if you get random "rough starts" - - suspect coil packs, or Oxy Sensors.

Issue #47 resolved - Coil Pack and Oxy Sensor Fail.

weccjc67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX AWD V8

Hi Professor Wizard I am glad to see your SRX is up and running again. There really is no replacing them. I hope there is no #48.

Humpty has a boo-boo again.

This time the knob on the center/right vent came off. it did it when my wife tried to adjust it from blowing onto her!

I told her she needs to be more gentle with my SRX! She replied with some expletives I can't repeat in here.

So - - Humpty will be going in the shop for the vent (Issue #48). The Oil Indicator is telling me I need an oil change... ELCO still has the $50 Oil Change - So we will be taking care of that as well. Last change was the middle of October. Plus :: Rear Brakes just started hitting the wear indicators (squeak squeak).. and as luck would have it :: ELCO is running a Brake special for $75, so I guess I'll get that taken care of too..

The roof was making a grinding noise on open/close, but it stopped doing that for the moment - so I have to wait until it is actively doing it before ELCO can work on it. Also the headliner snapping noise has subsided for the moment, so I'll have to address that later too.

I've broken prior records - - 2,500 miles since last shop visit. I could get used to this!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Please keep us posted after your latest trip to the shop, Professor Wizard! I've just finished catching up on this long thread and wanted to reiterate what former Social Media agents have said in the past: You can always contact me via private message if you have any concerns you'd like me to investigate. I'm so sorry to read you've experienced all this with your SRX!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Katie,

Thanks for your concern... but it is what it is.

I'm covered with extended warranty, so these things are still just annoyances.

I love this car :: despite the annoyances!

and one of these days, I think I might manage to talk the dealership into a free Cadillac Hat! I am there often enough they know me by my first name.

Maybe even a free beer if I play my cards right!

One thing for sure :: My SRX has proven that ELCO is a wonderful dealership... and if I ever decide to purchase another GM product, ELCO will absolutely be tops on the list of "where to buy". I only wish they sold other product lines as well.

Watch this tread for updates :: I am fairly confident, there will be more!

Thanks for elaborating! I will keep my eyes peeled for updates.

Katie

So.... Humpty is back on the road again...

Issue # 48... Knob Failure on Vent.. Fixed/Replaced. I looked up the part number and it is $200 Retail.

Issue # 49 ... Bolt & Clip failure on Sunroof. Parts cost would have been only around $25 - - but to fix they had to completely remove the glass. Roof was making a metal on metal grinding noise when closing.

An Oil Change, and rear brake pads.

and again...

So - - She puked oil all over the driveway:

I took her right in, as I'm afraid to drive her too far with her doing THAT!

and... The trim on the back of the sunroof is also messed up - - so since she is in the shop, might as well take care of it.

Also - they are replacing my #1 Keyfob and while they are at it, the master key == The fob constantly falls apart dumping it insides out on the ground (Usually in a puddle after a rain.), and the Cadillac emblem is missing on the key, and you can't just replace the emblem.

Thanks for the updates, Professor Wizard! Hope all goes well on this current dealership trip and the oil and transmitter issues are resolved (very glad to see you didn't try driving a long way after you noticed the puddle).

Best,

Katie

PhoenixSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    So.... Humpty is back on the road again...

Issue # 48... Knob Failure on Vent.. Fixed/Replaced. I looked up the part number and it is $200 Retail.

Issue # 49 ... Bolt & Clip failure on Sunroof. Parts cost would have been only around $25 - - but to fix they had to completely remove the glass. Roof was making a metal on metal grinding noise when closing.
    Hi Professor Wizard.

The slider on my vent failed when my vehicle was cleaned by a local shop. They had to replace the entire center air deflector at over 340.00.

I had no issues with the roof in my 05 or 07 at all, but now with my 08 I am having ongoing issues. 1. Last year in September it would shudder and then reverse so I had it repaired at the dealership. 2. The shudder stopped but later while I was cleaning the car I noticed the weatherstrip was damaged similar to your pic so I returned to the dealer and they ordered and replaced the weatherstrip. 3. Now at highway speeds there is wind noise through the front and the rear of the sunroof. On order now is a rear seal, glass weatherstrip, 2 rear guides L+R, A guide, 2 Rear extentions L+R. I am so looking forward to the end of this repair.

PhoenixSRX... yea... the knobs on the vents are entirely too fragile. Really bad engineering. and, once they come off, there is no putting them back on.

Your wind noise is most likely only the front - - mine was adjusted for that.

Update on last Visit..

Oil Issue :: The "Seal" Part # 12577653; failed on the Filter Container- - dealer put on a new one and cleaned everything up. (I hope the refilled the oil, there is no mention of that on the sheet.)

Sunroof :: The replaced the warped window seal.

Keys & Fobs :: Replaced those, and reprogrammed.

And we are back on the road again.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

PROF.......sooner or later your SRX is going to realize that it has met a superior, indomitable force.....you!

PJ

Update:

Took Humpty to the shop yesterday.

Drivers Side Rear Wheel Bearing went bad.

Elco Replaced it.

Issue #53

I also finally put new tires on her. along with a badly needed 4-Wheel Alignment.

She is at 55k miles now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.