So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; It was chilly this morning... So, I tried to turn on the Heated Steering Wheel Function... You know, to take ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

It was chilly this morning...

So, I tried to turn on the Heated Steering Wheel Function... You know, to take the chill off.. ... ..

Of course - - that isn't working anymore - no light in button, and no warmth in the wheel.

So, in the shop she goes :: for item number 46.

I picked Humpty up last night. Elco found the heater element bad in the steering wheel... They put my car back together, and order a new steering wheel. I have to go back when the new wheel comes in. (I looked up the part number, and it would have cost me around $480 for the part to fix it myself.)

I never got a call back from the Cadillac District Rep from my most recent call. It has now officially been over a month since I last spoke with him - - - do you think he is dodging my calls?

shwtibby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD V-6

Prof, If anyone deserves a brand new ride from GM because of what you've had to deal with....you do. If the numnutz's at Cadillac who run customer (no) service visit these forumns they'd be wise to deal with your situation head-on and promptly. You seem to have a classic lemon, albeit rare, that should be autopsied and studied so 'customers' never again have to experience your frustrations. Step up General Motors and make things right for the Professor! ....or you can continue to ignore things and lose a few dozen future Cadillac sales to auto makers who know what it means to be 'world class'.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

PROF........I feel for you. In all of my years I have NEVER seen nor heard of so many issues on a single vehicle, new or pre-owned. And with many repeat items. Seems like determination isn't quite cutting it.

If prayers would help, you've got them.

PJ

shwtibby,

Thanks! I'm starting to feel as if I am all alone out here! As you can guess, I am totally and unequivocally, unimpressed with Cadillac Customer Service, and their policies. AT this point I am mentally prepared that Cadillac is going to do everything in their power to avoid any and all contact with me, or anyone else that uses this VIN number in future calls. I honestly believe my SRX is now Black Balled in the Cadillac system forever. I truly feel sorry for the guy that buys my SRX off of some used car lot next year.

I agree with you shwtibby, Cadillac should do something for me - - and at this junction, they should do something extreme. But what they should do, and what they will do, I am afraid is going to be very far apart.

I mean, lets face it - - they aren't required by law to do much of anything - which I think is exactly what they will do - "Much of anything = nothing".

Thank god, ELCO is a wonderful dealership - - They promise to do everything in their power to help me after warranty, and I believe them.

PJ;

Man.. Anything and everything helps! Thanks for the prayers... I too, in all my years, have never experienced such a car, or such irresponsible service from a company.

I keep hanging in there thinking "This is the last thing to break", Only to find my thinking to be a bit premature. As much as I like this car, with all its defects, I can't imagine how much I would have LOVED it, if it were a quality vehicle.

In the mean time, I'll keep driving with the hope that "This is the last issue", until the warranty runs out, and then if it continues to have issues, I'll dump it for a Toyota Highlander or something, and cut my losses.

Thanks for the feedback!

So... I picked Humpty up last night.

She now has a new steering wheel... flawless jet black soft leather and shiny wood trim across the top with no scratches yet!

The wheel warmer is exactly that, a warmer, not a heater - - where the old one would get HOT, the new one barely gets warm and it takes a while to get there. I wish it were a little hotter, as it takes too long for it to warm up the wheel. BUT, it does get warmer, so by definition, I guess it works. (FYI: the DTS they loaned me, had a wheel warmer that got so hot you couldn't grab it!) I am thinking though, if it doesn't get very hot, maybe this one won't burn out like the last one did! So I'm not going to say anything.

So, Issue #46 is resolved.

The last two things caused a minor personal problem though, as I had installed a wood trim upgrade kit from Wooddashexperts.com. By replacing the steering wheel, I lost the pieces of wood trim that went around the buttons and the bottom spoke. it is $50 to replace them.

I also had to order a replacement wood piece for the rear light that was replaced, as I lost that piece in the process as well - that cost $28.

I'm a little aggravated I am having to buy these, as what they were installed on, should never needed to be replaced. But what ya gonna do?

Elco changed my oil for $50 - Nice!

((Side Note: Elco has cute girls help with paper work in the service writing station. They had a new one, she was cute, bubbly and was listening in when I was explaining the problem - to which she blurted out "WOW, They have heated steering wheels now? ". I guess some people don't get out much! ))

PROF.........the world has ended 10 minutes ago, and you are still stuck with your SRX. Does that mean you have NOT been saved?

PJ

PJ;

If the world ended 10 minutes ago - I then, no longer have to make the payments on my SRX... then indeed I have been saved!

If it is not my SRX giving me grief, it is Cadillac Customer Service. My "District Rep" has never called me back, nor answered his phone. Calls to other people at Customer Service have been fruitless! (They just tell you to talk to your "District Rep", and put notes in the case notes..

I have sent a couple of request for assistance to Breanne in here, which have gone completely unanswered and ignored.

I think I see a trend in policy at Cadillac Customer Service - - - If you have a problem car, they force-ignore you, until you go away.

shwtibby is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD V-6

Prof, take it up a couple of notches. Write and send a certified letter to the CEO of General Motors, Daniel Akerson, and explain your situation to him. I bet he'll find your story interesting. Sometime you just have to shake the tree to get some fruit to fall down!

shwtibby;

Thanks, I did exactly that!

Today I wrote letters, one to Mr, Danial Akerson - CEO of GM, and one to Mr. Paul Copses, VP of Customer Experience.

We shall wait and see if they even get the letters or respond.

(Note: try finding information on contacting these people! It is as if they were wiped from the system, other then any PR Materials they wish to have on the internet.)

Since I was unable to get any official contact information on either of them, I sent the letters to GM Headquarters, 300 Renaissance Center.

I am fairly certain that neither of my letters will actually make it to the designated people, as I'm pretty sure they have secretaries who read and answer their mail. That being a given, I anticipate receiving a "Thank you for writing GM, your opinions are important to us!" note - if they even bother to do that.

FYI: I still have not heard back from GM Customer Service, nor from Breanne on here.

AT this point, since my last shop visit, nothing has fallen off, or stopped working - - but we aren't past 2 weeks yet!

Prof.........you have done exactly as I would have done if I were in your predicament.

Your posts have proven that your situation (47 visits with a new vehicle to your dealer who has been doing their level best) demands a proper compensatory response from GM and recognition that you have already been negatively impacted financially, unless someone here wants to make the feeble argument that your time and your family's piece of mind driving a GM product are worth nothing.

As you have pointed out, this saga will also carry over if/when you trade or sell this vehicle. What dealer or private party will touch your SRX, or at least offer you what you would deserve if the vehicle were near "normal?" You WILL take a veritable financial bath. Twice burned.

Personally, I still have faith that if and when your letter reaches the right party at GM, they will have the integrity, customer sensitivity and focus, and the authority to make things right. It is in their overall best interest to do so from a business perspective.

To do otherwise sends an ominous but clear message to all of the readers and GM owners of this forum: "We'll wait this guy out and hope he goes away."

The current message you are getting (none) speaks volumes, that GM, from the zone reps on up to the top, don't think enough about their customers and their product to recognize what is the right thing to do (here): offer to replace your vehicle in kind, not just throw you a bone.

If you get no response, what your story also should tell Cadillac and GM owners is that despite GM's rebound, their advertised corporate culture of high quality in a fiercely competitive global market are just empty words in the foreward to an annual report to stockholders and in commercials. "The Cadillac of luxury cars."

Consumer Reports survey respondents have quite a different take on GM's level of quality with the SRX, GenI and now GenII. That one has come up in the GenII forum. A corporation does not shake a negative reputation with words and exaggerated claims in a TV commercial.

If, however, the corporate leaders at GM are sincere to their words and their mission, they will act decisively and correctly.

PJ

Cool Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Thanks PJ;

Wow - - you are much more elequent with words then I!

Realisticly, I fully anticipate absolutely no response from GM. I may chase a bunch of people away from GM, causing them the a very realistic loss of maybe $750,000 to $1,000,000 in sales ((15 to 20, $50k Cars)... But if they give in and make an apology, it may open the door, to having to pay attention to others who have bad GM cars - - which I think is a huge number, which could also translate into a huge dollar amount.

I am one bad car out of probably hundreds of thousands of bad cars. My noise is a mere whimper against the crowd.

I predict that, if GM continues with current policy though - Karma will catch up with GM! - - it may have already.... Eventually, enough people will stop buying GM cars, they will be beyoned a bailout and go the way of Amercan Motors.

FYI: To date, still no response from my Cadillac Customer Service, District Rep... nor from Breanne in here.

I did get a "Survey" in my Email this morning, regarding my last Visit to ELCO (replacing steering wheel). It ask many questions on how happy I was with my dealership, and it had ONE Question - the Very Last Question - - "Are you satisifed with your 2009 Cadillac SRX", and provided a free text box for comments along with a "Yes and No" radio Button. Can you guess what I did with THAT?

I suppose I will find out soon enough, if anyone actually reads those surveys - - or if anyone cares what comments we put.in the comment box's.

dredd2099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 srx

so far so good on my 'new' to me srx
    my first ever american nameplate and finding out GM does things tad bit differently
    first surprise was when I found out they want you to work incredibly hard to replace a turn signal indicator, heh

picked srx up at 69k, logged just about 2k on it, minor issues so far
    - battery randomly just drains (dealer says alternator fine, battery fine. twice)
    - sunroof refuses to close every so often (this I know beforehand from research)
    - backlight on PRND really dim, almost non existent
    - passenger side mirror that wont come back from going down when going on reverse (I just turned it off. dealer tech notes on it was funny)

just changed to winter tires and now hearing some soft thumping sound to the right, possibly rear
    could not pinpoint where it is from, cant see anything in close proximity of the wheel to cause it

thats about it, otherwise its a dream to drive
    handles much better than what I thought it would

Dredd...

Sounds like you have a fairly normal SRX. Keep in mind, mine is truly an anomaly! (At least I hope it is!)... Yours should never give you as much trouble as mine has given me.

FYI: I got a call from ELCO. Someone read the "Comments" in that survey they sent me, and it got noticed. But that is all that happened so far.

The weather here in St. Louis has been exemplary, so I've been driving my Mustang Convertible - - so, since I"m not driving the SRX, nothing has broken on it lately!

Still no word from my assigned Customer Service Rep, nor Breanne in here.

PROF..........someone upstairs at GM must have spoken to Breanne and told her "hands off" on this one. But your saga isn't going away. Every additional day, every additional post, and every additional view here should be a clue to someone upstairs that "damage control" was and still is in order, that the solution was and is to at the very least make a customer whole.

Item #47 would be your fuel mileage dump since your timing chains were replaced. Your financial conclusion in post 222 was exactly what any Corporation should be looking at.

If/when an upper level officer gets wind of this particular thread and the unattended issue that goes with it, heads in the chain of command will roll. And the fair and appropriate GM remedy will remain the same, after the collateral damage has rendered your deserved satisfaction seem like a grain of sand, dollar and image-wise.

The GM/Cadillac silence alone is a defeaning indictment and sends the wrong message to existing Cadillac and GM owners and to prospective Cadillac and GM purchasers alike.

PJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.