Cadillac Owners Forum banner
126K views 480 replies 81 participants last post by  LisaCatera 
#1 · (Edited)
Anything wrong with your SRX out of the box ?????

I'm getting ready to take my 09' SRX to the shop to get those "little things" fixed.

These are the things I hope to have worked on!

NAV/RADIO WILL NOT TURN OFF:

When the Power Button is pressed, instead of the unit going off and “dark”, it goes quiet, and presents a very annoying bright blue screen. Should not be presenting blue screen. Screen should go off and dark when hitting power button off. Current work-a-round is to go Menu/Display/Display OFF then turn Volume Down. This gets annoying sometimes. I have no clue with the dealership will do with this one!

DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR:

Drivers side door mirror has reflection mirror flaws, which cause a ripple in the View. This is annoying and distracting, especially at night. I hope to get GM to replace glass! * NOTE: No – it is not the window tinting or glass, verified with window down.

Also: I'll have the dealer check heating system on Mirror – Drivers Side Mirror takes 3 Times as long to clear fog/mist/ice as passenger mirror, indicating a flaw in the heating system.

TRANSMISSION SHIFT PROGRAMMING:

Transmission down shifts from 5th to 4th way too easily and too often when in drive, especially on the highway with Cruise engaged. With slight acceleration or slight incline without acceleration the car will lurch and downshift. This is actually very dangerous when running with cruise control as it causes the car to lurch forward unexpectedly. Can’t run cruise on highway, if there is the slightest incline, unless you remember to put shifter into sport / manual mode – 5th.

Putting Shifter in M5 stops the annoying down shifting, but then you have to remember to put it back into drive for stops and town driving.

I am hoping the dealership will reprogram computerized transmission shifting parameters.

DRIVERS DOOR DROPS:

Drivers’ door “drops” when Opening. Please adjust so this won’t create problems in the future. The other doors seem to align fine.

WATER DRIPS:

AC drips cold water on Drivers Foot. My Wife expressed concern of damage to expensive shoes. I'm am concerned because drips turn into floods with cars!

See less See more
#387 ·
Thanks Gregory... I do appreciate that.

Elco Caddilac in Ballwin MO, does the work on my car.. they are wonderful people, and great to work with.

OK.. update on the updated update - plus a new thing..

Issue 68 :: Suspension Squawk... ELCO Replaced Shock - but the noise was still there - yet, we got a warm spell and the noise went away. So this is not quite closed yet.

Issue 69 :: Funky Bulb... ELCO went ahead and replaced the bulb - Service Writer had seen it when it was not lit. problem solved.

Issue 70 :: (YEA, Something NEW)... Check Engine Light on, rough start :: Code P0496, Evap Purge Solenoid Fail - ELCO replaced the Solenoid. Problem solved.

#388 ·
So... you thought you were done with reading this thread...

Well.. not quite just yet...

She hit 75 today...

71. Lamps in Shift Console out x2... ((Man, these bulbs are $20 each!))

72. Seal in Sunroof fail – folded and held glass away from perimeter seal... They put new ones in, problem solved.

73. Inside Door Handles flaking... Replace Drivers and Passenger handles... This is the 3 time for the Drivers Door. Cheap plastic with cheap chrome plating that flakes off.

74. Passenger Side Roof Trim coming off... They put a new one on, as the old one was warped.

75. Rear Wiper Washer fail… Second time around on this one too... it like blew itself apart!

Trip to FL coming soon.. Woooo Hooooo...!

#389 ·
Hi Professor Wizard, I will never complain about my SRX again after seeing what you have had to endure. I amazes me how many issues you have had and related to almost everything that could go wrong with a vehicle. I remember my wife and I bought a new 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP and that vehicle had the same luck for us as you have had with your SRX. We had the Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for 4 years and traded it in for a new 2009 Pontiac G6 and have never had a problem it " Knock on Wood ", just scheduled service. Why these things happen, Who knows. Hope your SRX issues finally stop one day.

#391 ·
Well... When I went to pick her up... the dealership only replaced the Cover of the rear washer.. so that wasn't quite fixed yet, and I had to take her back.

Good thing though, because while they had it parked in the low for the passenger trim to dry, the trim at the top of the windshield cracked ... so they have to fix that as well.

Also. since the last work on the roof, she started rattling really bad - - dealer to replace from bolts and shoes to fix that.

So stats get updated:

76. Trim in front of sun roof fail… (10th Time) (Replaced May 19th/14)

77. Sunroof Bolts and Shoes Fail… (2nd Time) (Replaced May 19th/14)

I'm having a really hard time keeping those plastic roof pieces from braking. I'm wondering if some welds in the frame weren't missed, letting my SRX flex more then others.

Also - - predicting a future problem.. she has started showing to demonstrate 2 symptoms that I suspect to be repairs in the near future... ... ...(1: When I am stopping, right before I come to a stop there is a very substantial "THUNK" in the tunnel.. and I get this same "THUNK" when accelerating out of a 10 second or longer coast. and (2: When making a right turn and accelerating, I get a heavy buzzing vibration, and messages "Service Stabilitrak" "Service Brake Assist" "Service Stability System". They go away when you restart the car, and no codes show up on scan.

Trip to FL is coming soon! Whooo Raahhhh..

#393 ·
Thunk sounds like differential support bushing, should be able to tell with car on lift. Buzzing is ABS responding to speed sensor incontinence. I'm surprised you don't have pending DTCs.

#394 · (Edited)
repnatl: man, I hope you don't have enough issues, to have a list to compare! :)

Glake89: I suspect the Buz/Errors to be a Steering Wheel Position Sensor. Given time, I am sure I'll get some codes - which is what I am waiting for.

And I suspect my "Thunk" to be a stretched transfer case chain... I figure in due time, that will make itself known for sure.

#395 ·
Most times a code has to be present at least 2 times before the MIL is turned on. If the activity doesn't repeat itself for 2 or 3 drive cycles the pending code goes away. Therefore, if you can get the car to buzz twice in the same drive cycle. the code should set the MIL.

#396 ·
More...

So... made a trip for Florida, which caused a few more issues.

The Rear Wiper, would fall below the window, and crease the wiper blade... Dealer inspection found the wiper motor bearings failed allowing the wiper arm to drop. So they replaced the rear wiper motor.

Armrest in rear seat, mounting came unbolted.

The little lock tabs that hold the drivers floor-mat in place, came off the floor. (Screws fell out!)

And - the rubber trip in the drivers side front corner of the sunroof decided to deform itself. - - Replacement on back-order.

78: Rear Wiper Motor Fail
79: Rear Seat Armrest Mount Fail
80: Floor-Mat Tab Fail
81: Roof Seal Trim Fail.

And the count continues.

#397 ·
Hi everyone!

Well... from all that work on the rear stuff... the tabs on one of the panels gave way, and dealership had to replace the panel, because the original one kept falling off.

And... The engine started sputtering and coughing on starts: issue was bad coils on #4 and #5.

Items 82, and 83, resolved.

Not counted - was the plastic roof trim above the passenger side was popping up - - I inserted some 3M Permanent Mounting Tape under it and mashed it down for a few hours with a heavy brick... problem solved.

The things I am waiting to see finally full fail are:

The random ABS and TC fail light still comes on, but I am no where near a dealership when it happens, and it always clears on restart, and there are no codes in memory. Such - dealership can't fix what the computer doesn't report. (How did we do things before computers ????? )

and, the random horrible loud 1 or 2 second Burrdrrdrrrr noise on stops and take-off still happens, but the mechanics can't seem to get it to do it for them. ( I assume is related to my above statement.)

and, my random loud THUNK that you can hear and feel when transitioning from decelerate to accelerate, or during long stops, is still there. Like the transfer case chain has too much slack in it.

#402 ·
Agree w that! Mine is pretty strong as well (hate the gas mileage...have never seen 21 mpg), and we got 62K out of the factory tires and only needed to change the rear brakes at 85K (fronts done twice). I'd say many design and engineering aspects of the Gen I SRX are world class, but sadly many of the little things related to fit and finish aren't.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#403 ·
Hi gang...

Hey... I made it just a tad over a month this time!

So... I just picked Humpty up...

#84... Burned out amber bulb, Drivers Side... (Man I am glad those are warranty items.)

#85... NAV unit decided that the NAV DVD was not a NAV DVD every time you start the car... Dealership replaced entire radio.

Picking her up, I noticed the Storage Unit (Ash Tray) mounting is all messed up... so I'll have that worked on her next time in.

and, she needed an Oil Change, so I had that done. Elco charges $66.76 for that... is that a good price?

#406 ·
when I had my C5 Corvette...the first oil change at the dealership was $75 for 5 quarts of Mobil 1...and that was in 2001...I haven't seen oil change prices go up much on the synthetic oil changes...

Bill

#407 · (Edited)
Prices are a bit higher out here in the bay area.

If you do it yourself you can get 6qts of Mobil 1 at Autozone for $55.14 + an ACDelco filter for $3.99 or $64.45 incl. 9% sales tax. My dealer wants $139.95 + tax and at a quick change oil sevice it's about $90.

By the way, I traded in my 2009 SRX 3.6 for a 2014 CTS. The SRX treated me well with only the front turn signal bulbs burning out. Left and right done under warranty and 2 more on my dime. Dealer charge for a turn signal bulb replacement is currently $10.16 + tax for the bulb and $254 for labor.

Bill

#408 ·
Hi Gang!

Well.... When I started Humpty Dumpty up to leave for work the other day, the dash finally did the "Service Stabilitrack" Service Traction Control" "Service ABS" thing again... so instead of work, I drover her straight to the dealer. If your read back, she has done this before, but always in a situation where I was too far from the dealer, and if you turn the car off, the errors went away... ... ... It seems the speed sensor in the left rear wheel was the culprit- when it was in a certain temp range, which is why it was so intermittent.

Since she was in the shop, I had some other things worked on... That roof panel on the passenger side, refused to stay down, and because it was warped, it screwed up the rubber seal for the sunroof. The Storage Tray (like an ashtray) would not close, it seems the closing mechanism failed.

86. Left Rear speed sensor fail, triggering Traction Control, and Stabilitrack and ABS Errors on dash… To fix it they had to replaced the entire LR Hub Bearing Assembly.

87. Roof Trim, Passenger Side came off and was warped, so they replaced that.

88. Storage/Ash Tray Mount fail… They installed a new unit.

89. Rubber sunroof seal fail… (because of panel fail) so it was replaced.

and that's my update for now....

Keep yer' oil changed! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.