So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Well - - I picked her up Friday evening... everthing seems to be working for the moment.. However, with the ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Well - - I picked her up Friday evening... everthing seems to be working for the moment..

However, with the first speed-bump I hit, The light assembly over the passenger seat popped out. I can only assume the mechanic removed it during the roof repair and didn't quite get it back in place. I learned a couple of things putting it back.

1. Looking up into the hole where the light goes - trying to figure out what holds it up there, I could see that there is indeed "Just" a piece of glass over the luggage compartment area... you could very easily just cut a hole in the headline and have a sun roof back there.... So why did GM put the glass, and not a hole in the headliner? Probably $$$.

2. Interior parts click together like those old beginner model car kits.. be careful you don't break a plastic prong. And like those old model car kits - the plastic parts really don't like being un-snapped and then re-snapped.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Professor Wizard,
    I apologize for the delay in response; I was out of the office. I am glad to see that you got everything fixed. I do not have powers to authorize something like that. If I could, I certainly would! If you speak with Cadillac Customer Assistance they might be able to work something out with the dealership. I highly encourage you to give them a call since I don’t have any authority to give out any type of goodwill. If you decide to give them a call, let me know the outcome. As I was about to respond to you, I noticed that there was another post I missed. I am sorry to hear that your light popped out. Did your fix correct the issue with your light?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Elizabeth,

I put the light back myself - - it took 3 tries, but it is "acting" like it might stay up this time.

If it falls out again, I'll be taking her back to ELCO.

I am waiting for that "Customer Survey" I am supposed to get after my car was worked on - - I have yet to get one. :: it will reflect that I am very happy with ELCO, yet, very disappointed with Cadillac and GM. (But somehow, I don't think it will ask any questions about being happy with my SRX - only questions about if I am happy with my dealership.)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Professor Wizard,

Good to hear that you got your light to stay in! Please let me know when you receive the survey. I am not sure what the questions are on the survey but if there are not any on how you feel about Cadillac or GM let me know.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Update: August 11, I got a call today from the Service Manager at ELCO.

Very nice guy!

He had gone over his records and noticed that I had my SRX in 11 times since the beginning of the year. He was concerned I might be mad at ELCO... of which I am NOT! But I did tell him that I am not so much impressed with Cadillac or GM!

We chatted a bit about my SRX, and he left me with the impression he was going to try to see what he could do about the headlamp, and maybe even a Cadillac Hat!

I'm glad that he called - - It did make me feel better over-all.

I didn't drive my SRX this week - we're having wonderful weather here in STL, so I am driving my Convertible and my Motorcycle instead.

The good news is :: If I don't drive the SRX - nothing breaks!

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Wanna bet?

Good point Glake...

So - - she is in the shop again.

I get in to drive to work this morning, and the seat back didn't feel right - - so I go to adjust the Lumbar and .. WirrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRrrRrrrrrrrRrR... and nothing moves.. just Wirrrrr...

So, I took her in to get that fixed.

Looking back :: This is actually the 3rd time for that drivers seat lumber thing.

I don't really get it... I very rarely ever move the thing, and I only weigh 160 (5'8") which isn't particularly heavy.

The Lumbar in the Passenger seat gets messed with a lot, and never has had a problem (Knock on wood).

I tried to catch the Service Manager when I dropped Humpty off this morning, but he wasn't in yet... so it looks like I won't be getting my Caddy Hat.

Wayne E Cardenas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX AWD V8

Hi Everyone just joined. Our 2007 SRX AWD V8 we just bought in July from a Cadillac dealer had a power steering pump failure at 50,000 miles the pump was repaired under warranty. I did get an extended warranty. Other than that a great vehicle, best we have ever owned for the whole 1 1/2 months we have had it,went from a Yukon Denali to the SRX and cannot be happier. Performance and Utility. From the service records and car fax the only problems this SRX ever had in its 50,000 mile life was front brakes and drivers seat upholstery repaired 38,000 miles.

Wayne.. congrats on a good find - - you will love your SRX.

Got mine back last night - - they replaced something in the Lumbar that was stripped.

I did note, that when I got in the seat was way back so I hit the "1" on the door and I felt the Lumbar move - - it ran itself out to the very end...

made me wonder if perhaps the automatic memory thing was putting the lumbar out too far.. ... so I adjusted it back a little and reset the memory control.

I guess I'll find out if that takes care of the problem.

No Cadillac Hat - - no passenger side Headlight Module.... but then, I didn't get to chat face2face with the boss man.

I'm fairly confident that there will be opportunities in the near future to have that conversation.

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

Before then, why not take it to a gremlin disgronifier?

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Welcome to the forum, Wayne. I've put 33,000 pleasurable and functional miles on my CPO SRX in the past 19 months and the odometer is now a tad over 58K. Hope your experience is as good as mine.

Prof......is this Gremlinitis thing contagious? If so, do you disinfect your keyboard before posting so we don't catch it?

Glake......my dealership refuses to add a gremlin disgronifier to its inventory of high tech repair equipment, said it would put too many people out of work.

I plan on taking my SRX for a few things sometime in September. Not much to get taken care of, but may as well keep the list small and tolerable.

The cruise control, used several times a week, suddenly stopped working for about a 3 week period but then mtsteriously started working again this week for no apparent reason, much to my delight. Had checked the fuses per Glake's advice (he told me which fuse box to check since the owners' manual listed everything from soup to nuts for all three boxes (relays and fuses) EXCEPT cruise control. But nothing was amiss.

The UltraView is still balky on and off when closing. I use that daily. Doesn't balk/reverse on closing when I am driving on the highway. Only during city driving, when sitting at idle, or when being operated on the accesory ignition mode.

The sunshade has begun Prof's snap, crackle, pop, and sag following a "boing" sound (highly technical auditory term). I use that daily.

And the AM reception (not FM or XM) comes and goes. Connectors need dielectric grease? I use AM daily for sports talk shows.

There. I feel better now. I can just print this out and hand it to the Service writer when I take the SRX in. Wonder if they will give me a CTS-V for a loaner. Nah, didn't think so.

PJ

Back in Again...

So :: I tossed my netbook (in it's case) into the back seat this morning... Driving to work I had to hit the brakes pretty hard once and it slid off into the floor on the passenger side of the back seat.

When get to work, I reach in and pick it up and it is SOAKING WET!... I am like WTF... I put my hand on the carpet and it is DRENCHED, and I look an there is almost standing water in the floor... So I check the front and it is the same.. and I look under the seat, and I see puddles of water in the low spots...

The netbook is fine - only the neoprene case got wet, but it still protected the netbook.

AC has gone blitz and dumping water into the passenger side floor.

Back in she goes tomorrow AM for that.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Back in Again...

So :: I tossed my netbook (in it's case) into the back seat this morning... Driving to work I had to hit the brakes pretty hard once and it slid off into the floor on the passenger side of the back seat.

When get to work, I reach in and pick it up and it is SOAKING WET!... I am like WTF... I put my hand on the carpet and it is DRENCHED, and I look an there is almost standing water in the floor... So I check the front and it is the same.. and I look under the seat, and I see puddles of water in the low spots...

The netbook is fine - only the neoprene case got wet, but it still protected the netbook.

AC has gone blitz and dumping water into the passenger side floor.

Back in she goes tomorrow AM for that.
    Don't forget you recently had your sunshade replaced which I think you said required removing the UltraView glass. Maybe not an A/C drain issue?

SFVetteman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX V6 RWD, 1999 Corvette..370 RWHP and many more mods

I find it difficult to believe that the AC evaporator could condense that much moisture. Having lived in the St. Louis area, where both heat and humidity can be excessive at times, I guess you can't rule it out. I tend to agree with the possibility of a leaking Ultraview or perhaps a heater hose issue.

Hopefully, the problem can be resolved in one visit this time.

Service Writer just called with an update.

The AC Drain Hose clogged... water was from AC Evap overflowed the holding tank.. and yes, it can produce that much water. and if you don't' have a passenger who is getting their feet wet to inform you there is a problem, you can drive for a couple of days without knowing.

They are keeping it overnight... blew out the hose to clear it, and have removed the carpet to shampoo and spray with anti mold stuff.

They think I can pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Oh yes... Remember that headlamp Assembly I was told they would try to get me for the right side... well.. that idea appears to be falling apart, as GM doesn't want to OK it. The Service Writer informed me of that during our call - I think he was trying to let me down easy. Honestly, I wasn't surprised.

By the way :: I went back over my thread and compiled a list of the things what went wrong with my car while I had it... the list is 41 separate items - although some of those items repeat, like the lumbar broke 3 times, and the Windshield Trim piece was replaced 4 times. If you take that number of items, divided by the time I have owned the car, and the Average Mean Time Between Failures works out the 2-1/2 weeks. So, every couple of weeks something broke, fell off, or went wrong with my SRX.

I must be getting more patient as I age - - because this car would have been so "gone" after about 4 months, if I were still 30!

Here is the list... for it's Comedic Value.

1. NAV wont’ turn off - Blue Screen. (Not Fixed :: it is just that way)
    2. Mirror Flawed. (Replaced)
    3. Transmission Erratic Shift with Cruise. (Not Fixed :: Normal)
    4. Doors Drop. (Adjusted)
    5. Water Drips Drivers Side. (Hose Pluged)
    6. Chrome flaking on Drivers Door Handle cuts finger. (Replaced)
    7. Garage Door opener fail. (Replaced)
    8. Heater stopped working. (Hose Plug from #5 caused issue - it took 3 dealer visits to discover)
    9. Vent Knob Center Vent fail. (Replaced)
    10. Rear Wiper Washer fail. (Replaced)
    11. Rattle above head – dealership lubricated sunroof rails. (ongoing) ((This was actually finally fixed when the sunroof shade broke 2 year later.))
    12. Remote Start/Lock failing. (Replaced after 3rd Dealer Visit)
    13. Rear Overhead AC Control mount fail. (Reinstalled) (Note: was hanging when I picked up from Sun-shield repair)
    14. Rear Side Window loose. (Repaired)
    15. Rear window Washer Fail – again… (Replaced)
    16. Passenger Air Vent knob Fail. (Replaced)
    17. Timing Chain out 28k miles– (Replaced)
    18. Plastic Trim above Windshield Fail. (Replaced)
    19. Drivers Lumbar fail. (Replaced)
    20. Trim Above Windshield Fail (2nd time) (Replaced)
    21. Drivers Lumbar Fail Number 2 (10 days after 1st repair) (Replaced)
    22. Ignition Key Tumbler fail. (Bent Key) (Repaired)
    23. NAV Screen Flicker. (never fixed, still does it)
    24. Acceleration Noise : Heat Shield Fail. (Repaired)
    25. Oil Change Monitor Re-Programed
    26. SunRoof – Metal on Metal Grinding : Broken Tab, (Replaced)
    27. SunRoof – weather seal failure. (Replaced)
    28. Trim above Windshield Fail again (number 3) (Replaced)
    29. Rear View Mirror Mount fail. (Repaired)
    30. Roof Trim Passenger Side broken. (Replaced)
    31. Drivers Side Vent Knob fail. (Replaced)
    32. Drivers Side Interior Door Handle, Chrome Fail (2nd time) (Replaced)
    33. Rear Seat Belt Tensioner making noise – (Repaired)
    34. Trim Above Windshield came off (4rd time) (Replaced)
    35. Trim above Windshield broke again at 2 weeks(number 5) – (this time, left it in place and sealed the crack, as crack is dead center and straight.)
    36. Entertainment System Headset fail. (Replaced)
    37. Roof Trim, Passenger Side fail. (Replaced)
    38. Parking Lamp Fail // Headlamp Clearcoat finish fail- Drivers Side.(Replaced)
    39. Sunroof Shade – Total Frame Fail. (Replaced)
    40. Drivers Lumbar fail (3rd Time) (Replaced)
    41. AC Evap Drain Fail :: Dumps into Passenger Floor, Soaked Carpet and Dash Insulation. (Repaired and Cleaned)

I know there are a few things missing, as I hadn't written them all down at first because I never knew I would have so many!

The weird thing is after all that - I still love my SRX.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.