So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm BACK! I had to take my SRX into the dealership again... This time the Roof Trim Piece on the ...
    Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

I'm BACK!

I had to take my SRX into the dealership again... This time the Roof Trim Piece on the passenger side - between the Sunroof and the Doors came off!

It seems that the Factory Glue can't hold up to the heat.

Dealership gave me a DTS to drive and they had the panel re-glued back on by an automotive glass repair place... They also had the work that was done to the front panel repair cleaned up a bit better.

I still need to get the rear brakes done and tires for the front.

Bummer...

Walking around my car last night, I noticed the Parking Lamp on the Drivers side is out... Reading these threads, and looking in the service manual, I can see that changing any bulb in the front of an SRX is a PITA.. either in time for yourself - of $$$ if you have the dealer do it!

So - - I'll take her in on Monday to see if the dealer will fix under Warranty.

This one really gets me going though! - - Every car I ever owned until this one, had provisions to access and replace bulbs - most of the time you didn't even need any tools. But not THIS car - - this car needs 3 hours, special tools and an engineering degree to change a $1.50 light bulb.. (OK - I'm ranting, but it does really annoy me!)

I'll update after I speak to the service guy.

jackhayes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX Sport Red Tint

What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

three times this week just driving along with the air conditioning on (90 outside) and the air
    stops working. fan goes, and it sounds normal -- but no cold air. after a few minutes with the
    windows open the air comes back on and life is normal again.

communicating this to the dealer/service will be interesting. replicating it, even more so.

Re: What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

occasionally the dash goes totally dark during the day and I can't see anything. headlamp switch position makes no difference.

another fairly inconvenient electrical problem. was this electrical built by jaguar (lucas)?

Wow Jack - - sounds like you just could have some major electrical issues... I wish you the best of luck with that.

I took my SRX to Elco today - - they told me the bulb is covered under warranty, and will change right away...

Looking at the front lamps we noticed that the clear finish is starting to peal off of the tops of the bezels, giving us a strong feeling they are prematurely degrading.. My Service manager is going to ask his boss about having them replaced, because we think they shouldn't be doing that after just 2 years. We shall see what the Boss Man says.

glake89 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

jack, re dash going dark. Do the lamps go out or just dim? Could be the ambient light sensor, try the dash dimmer switch to override.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by glake89 View Post
    jack, re dash going dark. Do the lamps go out or just dim? Could be the ambient light sensor, try the dash dimmer switch to override.
    Some folks may have laughed at this suggestion, Glake, but I have to admit it happened to me once in the SRX......the dimmer rheostat switch was cranked all the way down.

PJ

Lamp / Lens update...

Elco just called :: they replaced the entire assembly for the drivers side headlamp. (Because of the flaking.)

The "Boss" would NOT OK replacing the Passenger Side Assembly, as it was not flaking as bad as the Drivers side - - so I'll attack that one on another day.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Lamp / Lens update...

Elco just called :: they replaced the entire assembly for the drivers side headlamp. (Because of the flaking.)

The "Boss" would NOT OK replacing the Passenger Side Assembly, as it was not flaking as bad as the Drivers side - - so I'll attack that one on another day.
    As Arnold Schwaerzenegger said, "I'll be back."

These guys could have saved themselves some time and further discussion had they taken care of both the first time. In, out, and done. You will be back. They should also be quite familiar with your issues history. And I am certain they want to see you again, to buy another vehicle. I don't think this is nitpicking on your part. And some of us just won't be worn down in the process.

PJ

thank you -- I'll give it a try. certainly aggravating!

What??? - Really???

Well - - - I was hoping the light bulb and housing was the last thing for at least a month.. I was overly hopeful it seems as luck would have it...

Sunday afternoon - I am out and about in my SRX... Sunroof shade was open and it started getting warm in the car, so I hit the button to close the shade...

Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Crackle Crackle.. screech... screech scrape crackle crackle..

The metal bar that is a support for the sun shade down the middle, came off of the shade, then promptly prodded itself out from behind the shade crinkling up one side of the shade.

I backed the shade up, and pulled the 3 ft long bar out. - - then nursed the shade into a closed position. It is closed, but sags now as there is no support in the center.

So - - back we go again.. yet another time.

Anyone know - What are the rules for a Lemon exactly?

PJ :: You are exactly right - - I'll be back - - I am presently so annoyed with my SRX now, that I can't wait to dump it off on some other poor sod!

Many at my work are asking me what kind of GM car am I test driving this week... as it seems to them I am driving a loaner as often as I am driving my SRX.

I am debating whether or not to take it in NOW, or wait a week to see what else breaks.

UPDATE: So.. SRX went in Tuesday AM... they still have it.

They just called me... to instal a new shade they had to actually remove the entire sun roof.

New sunshade was installed.

Installing the Glass of the sunroof, they stripped out the threads for the rear mounting brackets - - so now they are getting new rear mounts.

I'm glad I'm not paying $$$ out of pocket for this one.

ELCO = great people, they do try hard!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Professor Wizard,

I am glad to hear that you got your issue fixed. If you have any other comments or concerns, feel free to let me know.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Elizabeth...

Thank you very much for the ping... - - My ELCO Service Rep just called to tell me they had put Humpty Dumpty back together again, and I get her back this afternoon.

I really do wish, that when they replaced the drivers side lamp assembly - they had also done the Passenger side as well (I did request it!)... now I have a nice shiny one on one side, that makes a white/pink light.. and a weathered looking one on the other side that makes a white/blue light - - if you have any powers to authorize such a thing, I would appreciate it... it would be nice to have them the same - - and maybe a good-will gesture as well, to appease my attitude due to the multiple times I had to put my SRX in the shop. (Documented in here.) If not that, maybe a free Mobil1 Oil change or something! - -- or a Cadillac Hat!

My co-workers are starting to tease me - - asking what car I will be test driving this week (Because I am driving a different loaner car every time mine is in the shop.)

My SRX, has probably lost at least 5 GM product sales that I know of, because of people at my work watching me. They bought new cars, and told me that they didn't even look at GM because of the multiple problems they saw I had with my Cadillac. I can't say I blame them, as the odds are not in GM's favor for my next ride.

At least I get good service from ELCO. Great guys - - yea, they had some issues, but where it was their fault, things were resolved. (Heater problem). They are good people.

1STCADY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX

P.W. Read all your comments...wow a true Friday SRX. Just wait... can you say StabiliTrak? Wait til it goes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.