So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX First Generation Forum - 2004 - 2009 Discussion, So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Prof.........now you've gone and done it. What are you going to do now with everything FINALLY working as it should ...
    PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: So... What is wrong with your NEW SRX?

Prof.........now you've gone and done it.

What are you going to do now with everything FINALLY working as it should on your SRX? Your dealership will have to lay off some service techs, and the "Monday SRX" builders are mourning the fact that they have been defeated, despite their best efforts.

Bet it makes you smile every time you put the key in the ignition. Now go break something. It will be good for your mental health.

PJ

Professor Wizard is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 SRX-4 Sport / TriCoatWhite

PH... yea.. I know - - not to mention Enterprise Leasing will have to lay off one FTE to cover for the loss of rented cars during my shop visits.

Somehow though... I am thinking this will not be the end of my visits - - but I can hope!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I hope you are able to enjoy your SRX from here on out with minimal dealer visits in the future. If you continue to have problems or have any questions feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    PH... yea.. I know - - not to mention Enterprise Leasing will have to lay off one FTE to cover for the loss of rented cars during my shop visits.

Somehow though... I am thinking this will not be the end of my visits - - but I can hope!
    I forgot about Enterprise. They are on site at my Cadillac dealership and have provided excellent service. I KNOW they miss me.

Thanks to the solid work performed by my dealer, I have not had to make a return visit for 15 months. It initially took 3 visits for different things during the first month I owned the vehicle with 8 business days (total) in the shop, but everything got ironed out. What was noteworthy was there were no repeats for the same problem.

As I stated previously, I think my gremlins drowned in Lake Cadillac around the time of my first visit, and their relatives have not come looking for them.

The only outstanding item on my punch list is the rattle up by the headliner for the UltraView roof. And the express close feature balks every so often.

It will be operating normally for a period but out of nowhere start operating slower. That is when I can expect the roof to reverse directions. I have to hold the button in those instances to get it to close. If I had half a brain I'd take it in before it stops working and I get stuck with the roof in the open position.

There is no pattern, i.e., ambient temperature (Winter or Summer), humidity, time of day (heat from the sun). But it is more likely to act out when the engine is not running.

This is one of those things that may not replicate itself while it is in for service.

PJ

glake89 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 srx awd v6, 07 Solstice GXP

PJ, check out this thread on sunroof problems.

Update on Ultraview Sunroof Issues

I uploaded lots of scaled down pictures here: http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...iew%20Sunroof/ A video of the sunroof problem is here: Since the weather has...

Started by skwerlabusr, 04-13-11 05:25 PM

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I traded my '09 SRX with 10,000 miles on Dec. 30th and leased a '11 CTS. No more $457mo. payments and wondering what was going to go wrong next. I didn't have lot of problems with the '09,but I did with the '04 and '07. felt like if I had an opportunity not to make 60 mos. of payments and deal with the same things that went wrong on the other SRXs it was in my best interest to let it go.
    There are times that I do miss it. The CTS is small. But the CTS is even more fun to drive than the SRX, which was tops in that dept. for CUVs.

Hey there B4z.. sorry to hear you let go of your SRX.

As luck would have it - - - I'm going down the highway Friday about 75mph... I start getting the HORRIBLE Buzzing and wapping sound right above my head - - I lean back and look through the Ultra-roof and I see something, but can't quite tell what it is.. so I open the roof, reach up and push the Windbreaker down and grab the swinging thing..- The trim off of the top of the windshield has come off from the drivers side and is waving and flapping in the wind. I grab it and give a gentle tug, and to my surprise it made a light "TINK" sound and 2/3's of it came right off in my hand (it broke). When I stopped for a stop light I jumped out and pulled off the remaining piece.

I stopped on the way home at the dealership and gave them the pieces - - they are ordering a new one... they Writer was like "Yea, We're having issues with these!". This will make #3 piece on my SRX. First two broke, but did not come off.

I think they might have hit pay dirt on my door handle - this one is smooth as silk on the injection flange.

glake.......thanks for the link/thread/pictures etc for the UltraView. I have been off the air for a few days and am behind on my reading.

PROF.....as sorry as I am to hear about this turn of UltraView events for you, now I don't feel so all alone. I have a high degree of admiration and respect for those of us who are valiantly trying to save American jobs. Say hello to the gremlins assigned to your SRX. They almost had you believing they had taken up residence elsewhere.

PJ

Well..the Gremlins are hard at work - -

The trim that was installed just 2 weeks ago broke yet again Friday...

I'm not doing anything to it.. honestly!

Good news is, this time it didn't come off... AND the crack is just as straight as it can be, AND it is dead center - so it doesn't look weird.

So - this time, I'll ask if they will have their best caulker hit it with some sealer to keep the water out, rather then install a 4th piece of trim (This will be the 6th time the car is in for this piece of trim.)

Nothing else is broken at this time.

conedoctor is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320

My 09 has no lumbar on the drivers side, water in the jack compartment and a burnt out city light but other than that it's all good. These are more features of the SRX not problems, I will take the good with the bad, well for now as long as the good does not outweigh the bad lol

cheech23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 SRX

Minor issue but I bought mine used and need a navi manual for an 08. Besides that I really enjoy the ride. Coming from a G35 I was expecting less fun driving but I still get some enjoyment

Professor Wizard,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I can set up a case now for you if you would like. Or, you can go to the dealership and get the issue fixed again and if the problem arises again, I can set up a case for you. Please let me know what you want to do.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Elizabeth;

THANKS for that offer, and I do appreciate it. - - Myself and my dealership agreed NOT to replace it again - - instead we sent it to a window place, and they sealed the crack in the center with sealer. Since the crack is exactly in the center and perfectly straight, it looks as if it were engineered that way. We will see how long this fix lasts.

As for an update :: I had the car inspected before I took off for Florida and I was told my SRX needs rear brakes (with 38k miles) I've never owned a car in all my years of owning cars, that needed rear brakes before 65k miles. The service writer told me that disk brakes wear out faster! (WTF!) Front brakes look fine. Since this is a maintenance item, I'll replace them myself. I would like to know if others experienced rear brake replacement before or at 40k miles, or if I should complain of premature brake wear and see if GM will pick up the tab for pads.

I experienced 17.4 MPG overall average for my 2K miles of trip. Average speed on highway was 77mph. Fully loaded with 4 people and max gear, plus a platform in my hitch with beach gear and coolers in a bag. (this thing does get crap gas mileage, but was a dream to drive!)

One of the speakers fell off of the IR Headsets for the rear entertainment system - - used regular headphones temporary. Dealership replaced with a new headset when I got back - new headset was completely different design then the original, so I'm thinking GM had problems with the original design.

My front tires are wore down to replacement point... rear tires have easily another 20k miles left in them. I will be replacing the front ones with the same size as the rear, so I can rotate front/rear in the future.

Nothing failed on my trip - - and this time my AC did not drip cold water on my foot! so I'll be knocking on wood!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Wizard View Post
    Elizabeth;

As for an update :: I had the car inspected before I took off for Florida and I was told my SRX needs rear brakes (with 38k miles) I've never owned a car in all my years of owning cars, that needed rear brakes before 65k miles. The service writer told me that disk brakes wear out faster! (WTF!) Front brakes look fine. Since this is a maintenance item, I'll replace them myself. I would like to know if others experienced rear brake replacement before or at 40k miles, or if I should complain of premature brake wear and see if GM will pick up the tab for pads.

Got about 53K miles on my original set, had both the fronts and rears done. But my driving mix is 75/25 highway/city.

I experienced 17.4 MPG overall average for my 2K miles of trip. Average speed on highway was 77mph. Fully loaded with 4 people and max gear, plus a platform in my hitch with beach gear and coolers in a bag. (this thing does get crap gas mileage, but was a dream to drive!)

That is pretty good for that speed and load!

One of the speakers fell off of the IR Headsets for the rear entertainment system - - used regular headphones temporary. Dealership replaced with a new headset when I got back - new headset was completely different design then the original, so I'm thinking GM had problems with the original design.

My grandkids have been unable to abuse mine enough and the originals are still working.

My front tires are wore down to replacement point... rear tires have easily another 20k miles left in them. I will be replacing the front ones with the same size as the rear, so I can rotate front/rear in the future.

Same with my fronts @ 55K miles. I have the same plan.

Nothing failed on my trip - - and this time my AC did not drip cold water on my foot! so I'll be knocking on wood!

How did the rear a/c work for you and the other passengers?
    Sorry, I didn't see this post before I posted on your other one on another thread.

PJ

Professor Wizard,

Youíre welcome. I am glad that nothing failed on your trip and I hope you had a nice time. Feel free to speak with Cadillac Customer Assistance about your brakes if you feel that it is premature wear. I canít confirm since I canít see the brakes or look at the vehicle. Please let me know if you experience any other issues.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.